Trailer Trash

Eastern States 100 (Read 81 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Looks like registration opens August 16th

Also looks like the bottom of the website has August 16, 2014 as the race date?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

It sounds great!

I wonder if there will be any qualification requirements?

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It sounds great!

I wonder if there will be any qualification requirements?

The FB page says there will be and that the requirements should be posted soon.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

With your Hyner 50k time this year, I'm sure you're going to qualify. Is this enough motivation to keep going?!

Run for fun.

Brian Runner

Leon Lutz' blog about running the entire Black Forest Trail earlier this year: http://thisbeesknees.blogspot.com/2013/05/erithizon-dorsatum-day-on-black-forest.html

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

With your Hyner 50k time this year, I'm sure you're going to qualify. Is this enough motivation to keep going?!

I'm not going to lie.  It's very temping.  I will patiently await the qualifying standards.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

I'm not going to lie.  It's very temping.  I will patiently await the qualifying standards.

I absolutely love that area of the state.  A hundred miler is a GIANT jump from a 50K distance though.   although I could run a local 50 miler in April, Laurel 70 in June and then this in August.....it is just about perfect scheduling for a long training cycle.  Smile

Brian Runner

.... and how many of the biggest names they can attract.

Hopefully some of the big guns can be convinced to leave the Rockies and head east (might take money?). The difficulty of trail running in the east is criminally underrated by those who haven‘t experienced it in my opinion. Elevation isn’t everything. What the Appalachians lack in altitude they make up for in the quantity of steep, rocky, root infested climbs. I’ve never run 100 miles, but our 25 to 50k races are already on the sadistic side!

Brian Runner

• Start/Finish at Little Pine State Park-- Waterville PA
                    • 100+ mile course utilizing Tiadaghton, Sproul, and Tioga State Forests (PA Wilds)
                    • 95% single track with a few fire roads.
                    • 20,000+ feet of elevation
                    • Mid State, Tiadaghton, West Rim, Black Forest, Donut Hole, and T-Square Trails
                    • Camping and Lodging all within walking distance to Start/Finish
                    • 12-14 fully stocked aid stations

I really hope I can qualify- I at least want the option to do it!

Brian Runner

Apparently they plan to have a marathon on the same day as the 100.

SillyC

This looks awesome!

I had very little motivation to run a 100 mile race, but this one could change my mind.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Guys, I think it's time to check out the "Regional Stereotypes" thread... Wink

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Posted the "requirements":

• The difficulty of the terrain means this is NOT a beginner-level race.  You should not choose this for your first 100-miler.
                              • As a minimum, all participants in the Eastern States 100 must have completed at least one 50-mile race within the advertised cut-off time AND less than 16 hours, OR any 100-mile race within the advertised cut-off time.
                              • This qualifying race must have occurred after August 15, 2012.  This must have been an official race with at least 10 participants and results published on a publicly available website.

They do not say that you cannot run this as your first 100 but that you should not.

hmmmm....

Brian Runner

Registration opened last night and is 25% full so far, so don't wait if you planned to sign up.