Trailer Trash

Thundering Thursday (Read 28 times)

runtraildc

Thunderstorms are moving our way.  Here's hoping they actually materialize.  Ended up with 3.5 miles last night around the neighborhood.  First night run since winter, but it was still 85* and fairly humid.

qotd:  If you could choose how you die, how would you go out?  My first though was that I wanted to die peacefully in my sleep, but then I remembered how my dad passed.  Aware that he was dying and losing consciousness, he had my mom and several family members with him.  A couple final conversations, and going peacefully was good for him and the family (even those of us not there).  The worst way would be by drowning.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I did not run last night.  Just didn't work out.  I will try and run tonight but thunderstorms make change DS soccer practice.

QOTD: What a  question dc - I definitely do not want to drown.  I also do not want to burn in a fire. I also do not want to fall to my death...or bleed out from a wound....or die a slow grueling painful death from cancer....sheesh this is depressing.  I want to die quickly and without knowing.  I actually do not really want family/friends around to watch me die.  I understand the whole spending time during the last few minutes of life but for me, I just want to go quietly.

Now let me see if I can get on with my day without obsessing about death!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NHLA

6 miles in Champion Hills. Three miles up and three miles down.

qotd  anything quick.

AT-runner

Tim

Got out early before the storms and managed to get 10 miles in the woods for an out and back on the AT.  It was a very muggy run that felt like I was swimming at times.  Funny pockets of cool air every once in a while in the woods that are hopefully signs of nicer temperatures to come.

QOTD:  Massive hemorrhagic stroke in my sleep the morning after Christmas when I'm 101.  I would have lived a full life, just spent time with my family and there would be no pain involved.

On a happier note, Happy Birthday, Queen!!!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

A friend died hiking on A-T from a brain anurism. He was with friends and died almost instantly.

He had told me that is how he wanted to die.

NorthernHarrier

Somewhat embarrassing--had the perfect cooking fire last night and when I went to the refrig to get the burgers I realized I forgot them at home. Packed the cooler with everything but the most important element.   So I had a frozen pizza instead. Not quite the same. Very sad. I'll try again tonight after a stop at the grocery store.  Today, a little work chainsawing and splitting and then some mtn. biking. Not sure about running after a solid run yesterday.

QOTD--Timely question as I just had a real good friend die suddenly on Friday. I know I don't want to suffer with a long illness or sit around a facility drooling but I came close to buying the farm in a river entrapment once so a sudden death isn't too appealing either. Peacefully in my sleep I suppose but at least a few decades down the road.

XtremeTaper

Not sure of workout/run today but I am actually pondering a lunchtime road run or perhaps an evening run on the rail trail. Cloudy and grey with rain forecast the entire day which is actually quite lovely and needed.

Last night, the Lady and I ran over at Warwick Park. Another hot sweltering evening with temps in the 90's again. Some flatter trails over there (a big hill too!) and I wanted to run a bit faster but the Lady was sort of dragging. Not sure if it was the heat or something else? I'm a bit concerned that she is slowing down but it could just be this nonstop heat. She seemed better the last mile after we took a nice break while crossing French Creek. I guess about 6 miles.

QOTD: Wow, happy topic!! I plan to live forever you know, because when I go, the universe ends as far as I'm concerned. But yes, when the universe ends for me hopefully it will be a peaceful end and nothing slow and painful.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I ran 4 this morning in a misty rain.

QOTD: Probably in my sleep, painlessly.

LB2

Watoni

Bike and core work on tap for today, should approach 100 here again. Ran for a little under an hour yesterday in the evening, tempting darkness, mountain lions and my right Achilles. The bike ride at lunch was hot, but I prefer that to traffic in the evening.

QOTD: Once I reach a noble age, passing out after Afternoon Delight with the bride and never waking up ?????

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So I haven't ran in a week and it's my birthday today; 53.  So I knew I had to get up and run 5.3.  Birthdays are like New Years to me;  a time to say let's get your shit together and  make some changes in life.   So up with the mutts and I ran a 5.37 (I guess the 7 is for good luck).  Tried to take a selfy but it's really hard to take a selfie with too dogs in the woods and short arm.

QOTD:  I would love to be attacked by a wild animal and eaten.  Then everyone can talk about how stupid and ignorant I was to run in them  woods all the time. Or beaten to death by a hum an so then everyone could say how I always said I feared m an m ore then a wild animal.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Had a sucky night at work. Caught a few winks after I got home now I have to drive 40 mile one way for a meeting . That may mess up my run tonight. Planning on a nice easy 7.4 miler with DS. That's becoming a routine Thursday night thing for us but since it's raining and it's his birthday he might not want to go.

Queen -- Happy birthday!!!!

QOTD: How I want to die.

#1: On a trail run where I feel good but maybe not strong. Just sit down at a overlook, take a nap and never wake up. In a deer stand on a nice October day would be OK to.

#2: Wipe out on the bike bombing down a long, fast descent.

#3: Peacefully in bed with no advance sickness or warning.

How I probably will die.

Shot to pieces by trigger happy cops or in prison slowly being tortured to death.   You may not want to ask why. I try to keep politics off this forum.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got a great hill repeat session in yesterday evening, I can feel it today. Will strength train this evening.

Happy Birthday Queen (and many more!)

qotd: definitely in the saddle, at a ripe old age 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Happy Birthday Selfie....I forgot you are suppose to take it from  above so your neck wrinkles don't show!!!

Sue Piscatella's photo.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Watoni

Happy Birthday Queen!!!!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Happy Birthday Queen of Nothing! Today you can be the queen of whatever you want...(but only for today).  

My favorite day of the week is RUNday