Trailer Trash

Never fear, the Sundaily is here! (Read 25 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

weather remains cool (even a wee bit of sun), with a big helping dose from Mother Nature fire crews have been making great progress- still a long ways to go as many of these fires are 50,000 acres +

going to get a long run in here soon, probably in the 15-ish mile range

qotd: Labor Day plans?  I think we're going to get a day hike in and then grill some burgers- DW is going to make pico, so pico burgers it is 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Sunny and warm to the point of being hot here. Getting ready to go for a 15-20 mile bike ride with DW. After that I'll grill the chicken that's been marinading since Thursday, then stop by my parents place.

Warden - Glad to hear they're getting a handle on the fires. It sounds like it's been a bad year out there.

QOTD: DW and the kids are going out for breakfast at a local gun club fundraiser. I'm going to work to raise funds for the checkbook . The nice thing about working on a holiday is the double time and half that we get paid.

muppy

5 miles yesterday.

Daydreamer, I was looking forward to the double time and a half on Labor Day, then they gave me the day off.

QOTD We will do a little picnic type thing and then we'll go see the Harrisburg Senators last baseball game of the season.

LB2

Really nice run in the heat at mid day, negative split but still easy.

QOTD: grilling some chicken and burgers after I run 15 or 20 miles.

LB2

moonlightrunner

I ran 6 on a new trail today. It is a moutainbike trail. Very tight turns and small steep hills. Nothing I can get much speed on...but interesting. I met the man who has been developing the trail for the last 15 years....just for fun. He has done a tremendous amount of work on it....I was amazed.

Qotd: I will cook out with my mom and dad...very low key. DD is working, so I'll be a fulltime grandma. Hoping for an early morning run..I want to try out my new light!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

SRD, as is typical for Mon.

qotd:  At work.  (I think May 1 is 'labor day' over here.)

tbd.

NHLA

Sat. ran Apple Festival 8k  38 min  3rd AG. Great day. I was flying till three miles and rt. foot blew out. Not sure what happened but ankle swole up and turned blue. I was OK this morning 6 easy miles in Midwood neighborhood Charlotte NC.

Midwood BBQ sends all their cooks to Texas A&M BBQ college. Perfect   bacon wrapped jalapeno.

qotd  rest up & run trails.

NHLA

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I volunteered with my kids at the Mount Nittany Marathon this morning, working a water/gatorade station about 4.7 miles into the race.

We had to pick up our hi-viz volunteer shirts (mandatory to wear) at the start/finish area at about 6 a.m. It was still quiet there, even though the race was to start at 7 a.m.

Then we went on to our aid station. After half an hour, two more volunteers showed up. I knew one of them from my youngest son's preschool days, and he also had his son with him. So now there were three boys between 7 and 9, wearing these huge, dress-like hi-viz shirts, running around like honey bees, trying to figure out where to stand to hand out the drinks.

A little later, the police car for directing traffic arrived, but we were still without supplies, not even a table.

Around start time, the supply van finally came, and we set up the station.

The first two runners arrived shortly after 7 a.m.. Sounds speedy fast. They were wearing bibs, but were slogging along. ??

Someone taken a wrong turn? Shortcut the course?

Turned out later, they had - for some reason unknown to me - started early, before the field. We fed them well, and waited for the next runners.

The male lead runner just zoomed by, then there were several other fast guys. The first female runner was a friend from the running club, who is a very strong local runner. Wins or places in most local races, but doesn't go over marathon distance. She took some cups and left quickly again. I'll still have to check if she won the race.

Then we were slammed with crowds of runners, some faster, then some not so speedy ones, all excited and happy to see our little aid station. We cheered them on, and the boys held out their water and gatorade cups. In between, they sped up and down the bike path section to collect the used cups for the garbage.

At 8 a.m., the last runner had passed, and we packed down the table. After the supply van had picked up everything, we went home again. My kids were all excited and happy.

Spent the rest of the day at work. 

QOTD: Work, again. Maybe an early run before.

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

. Great day. I was flying till three miles and rt. foot blew out. Not sure what happened but ankle swole up and turned blue.

Was it a burst blood vessel? I'll break those on my hand at times. Hurts like heck, turns blue and swells up some.  Sometimes it takes several days to get back to normal.

NHLA

Was it a burst blood vessel? I'll break those on my hand at times. Hurts like heck, turns blue and swells up some.  Sometimes it takes several days to get back to normal.

I don't think so. Not enough blood. Not very painful but couldn't push off. I think mabe my shoes were too worn.

If your shoe is too worn in the heal could it cause that?