Trailer Trash

TGIThursday (Read 21 times)

LB2

I'll get another 5 after work. I got to run with another turkey yesterday, a hen. She eventually flew away, but she ran down that old road for quite a ways ahead of me.

QOTD: I have nothing.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!

nice run yesterday- low 50's with no wind- perfect!!!!!

qotd: electrolytes on long runs?- which ones, how much and how often?  I usually bring an equal amount of SaltStick and Endurolytes and typically take one an hour, alternating- if it's really warm I usually take one of each every hour

unfortunately I still seem to suffer cramps quite often (usually calves) in races, only very occasionally when training

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

QOTD: If the run is under about 4 hours, I usually just drink water and don't take anything other than that. If it is 4+ hours, I drink Tailwind. But in an event that is long, I will try to drink about 20 ounces per hour with about 200 calories in that drink. It also depends on the temps and humidity/dew point. That works for me, or at least it has in the past. I haven't run 4+ hours since early December. Also, I don't do well with gels, so I stay away from them. I can go a long, long way on just Tailwind if my stomach isn't taking any food. Last time I ran 100 miles, I ate a pbj at mile 10 that didn't go down well, and I really didn't eat anything substantial again until around mile 95 or so. I drank some broth at mile 85; I think. And then I ended up eating an entire Waffle House breakfast plate at 95 (actually, around mile 100. course was way long and we got lost along the way...), which went down well. Once that kicked in, I really ran some good miles for a little while, or at least, I felt like they were good. Objectively, I may have looked like I was in a sack race at the nursing home.

LB2

Keep Going

Probably do 3-4 shuffle miles tonight.

Mike - Great looking photos!

qotd: I'll drink NUUN on short runs. Anything over 50 miles I break out Tailwind and take two salt stick caps every hour. I have had cramps before in a race and it's the WORST! So I tend to go overboard now but I don't cramp up so I guess it works for me.

100 milers are my favorite

NHLA

Sore this morning. Ran too fast the last two days. Will get out later with the pup.

LB2  DW was spraying weeds with a pump sprayer and the noice made by the handle called a longbeard right up in the yard.

It does sound like a turkey.

qotd  power beans and water.

mt  flowers in the snow would be a good name for a country song.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

6 last night.  Maybe gym tonight.  Last night was a very bad sleep night.  DW and I heard this faint but strange tapping noise.  After that, it was one thing after another.  I hope to get better sleep tonight.

warden - great photos. Those poor yellow flowers look so sad.

GL this weekend keystone!!

QOTD: Tailwind mostly.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Did run with the group....keep an open mind Sue.  How does she find a paved road in the middle of the woods surrounded by trails.    We ran down a paved road, around a nature walk (which was a nice trail but only about half a mile) then up a trail that we actually had to walk.  Still added to my miles.  Then as I was leaving the group leader told me how happy she was that I came blah, blah making feel a little bad about my thoughts and also making me decide to come again. 

Ran this am with the Mutts.. I was dying so ok with whatever sniffing they wanted to do.  Reach the top of MF hill and a skunk was there to greet us.  You was there yesterday too.  Must live up there.  Lucky I held the mutts.  That is about the only time you are glad to have leashed beasts.

QOTD:  I don't buy the stuff but I do drink it at races..whatever they have.  I am a salt a-holic so I think my body is always saturated in salt and don't have to worry on long runs.

MT:  Nice pictures and the every present selfie.    everytime I take a self I look like crap.  My arm is too short. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

LB2  DW was spraying weeds with a pump sprayer and the noice made by the handle called a longbeard right up in the yard.

It does sound like a turkey.

I have had this same type conversation with others who think being a great caller is critical to killing a turkey. It is important to consistently kill turkeys, but there are times when just about any noise with the right cadence will do.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Planning on 7-8 miles in a little bit. Feeling a little more motivation to run today then I have been the past week or so.

Keystone - Hope things go well for you at your race.  I'll follow from a distance.

QOTD:  What ever is in my Tailwind, Perpetuem/Sustained Energy mix, or gels is my base. After that I add in Endurolytes or if really hot I may take a few S-Caps. I haven't really cramped much even in longer races the past year or two with this mix.  As always my GI issues are the bigger problem and sometimes I wonder if that's due to a problem with low electrolytes.

runtraildc

5 miles with the group last night.  Ha, Queen, I was having similar thoughts as we headed out. Our route headed straight to Rock Creek, but diverted at the last minute to stay on the roads in the neighborhood. Turns out the route was the hilliest I've run in a long while and I loved it!

And just returned from yoga class. I was hurting.

qotd: I don't run far enough or long enough.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Then as I was leaving the group leader told me how happy she was that I came blah, blah making feel a little bad about my thoughts and also making me decide to come again. 

I'm not a group person either.  Don't feel badly about it!  Why do you feel like you need to go?

Well, my big ol' pit bull buddy managed to run about 5 miles last night AND swim in the creek.  Thankfully the trails were super quiet, so he got to run off leash.  He's harmless, but I don't think people would appreciate a "scary" looking dog approaching them off leash on the trails, so I try to be considerate.  We only saw one other person the whole time.

I thought he would slow down as he got more tired, but instead he sped up in order to get back to the car faster.  Well damn.  I did some faster running than I had planned!  LOL.

QOTD: Nothing.  I used to use gels and S! Caps.  Well, they expired and I have no use for them anymore, so I pitched them.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well I really like a few people in the group...it was nice to see them.  I also want to know what they are training for to possibly join them.  I would love group running if it was filled with more like minded people; those who like to run in the woods, drink beer, try to push themselves at least occasionally, has no problem with profanity, and doesn't have a group leader that treats you like you are their responsibility.

PS..good looking dude, but where's Bella.

I'm not a group person either.  Don't feel badly about it!  Why do you feel like you need to go?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

I've taken to lurking here, but since I entered a race....I thought I would post.  Saturday I am running (hiking and walking too, with the possibility of crawling) the 50k version of Dances with Dirt/Gnaw Bone. I am horribly untrained (nothing over 15 miles in I don't know how long), inconsistent mileage overall, and I have no business doing it...but I have the weekend off from raising grandchildren and taking care of elderly, so I need to do it. I hope I don't die. Good news is..I can take as long as I want or need.

qotd: Water and GU. That is all...I might do electrolytes when summer and warm temps arrive.

warden: Nice pics...but...what is that white stuff? ewwww!

I hope everyone has a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

She was at home while I went and stayed at BFF's house for the night.  She gets to run with me tonight.    Those two together are quite the handful...

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

This is why I like the groups I run with semi-regularly (the Wed group meets at a bar).  We often run in the woods, have lots of different paces and it's a pretty casual and diverse mix of folks. I also find that I push myself harder when I'm running with others.

Well I really like a few people in the group...it was nice to see them.  I also want to know what they are training for to possibly join them.  I would love group running if it was filled with more like minded people; those who like to run in the woods, drink beer, try to push themselves at least occasionally, has no problem with profanity, and doesn't have a group leader that treats you like you are their responsibility.