Trailer Trash

Saturdailies (fixed) (Read 32 times)

We had a nice 5 mile trail run.  We got out extra early to miss the weekend trail traffic.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

moonlightrunner

Did I miss a day? I don't want to go back to work tomorrow!

TT: nice you and Marley got out already today.

I am feeling extra lazy today and have done nothing. Going to squeeze a run in between laundry, watching my grand kids and helping out mom and dad. It is dreary and raining here as it has been for several days.

Qotd: pass. I can't think of anything interesting.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

runtraildc

Good morning! Got in a little over 3 last night on the trail that was underwater earlier this week.  There was a lot of damage and it was slow going.  There is a gulley crossing over a downed mature poplar that has ropes strung across for balance.  I was heading over it last night, realizing that the tree and the ropes were so far apart I could not hang on the rope and be on the tree 'bridge' at the same time.  My first reaction was that the rope had stretched or moved, until I got across and saw that the water had moved the tree at least three feet.  It is a huge tree (I could not wrap my arms around it, for example).   Sections of the trail were completely washed away (and piled up on the road where it washed over a mile downstream).  It'll be a lot of work to fix them.

qotd:  I've got nothing, except to wonder what day of the weekend it is.

photo photo1_zpscf9e496e.jpg

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all- Saturday right? Big grin

headed to Missoula this AM to get my bike assembled (they botched it and sent it to my home instead of the store Sad )- I'm going to hit Mount Jumbo for a run  jog while they're working on it and then drive back home

qotd: I'm going w/ Saturday, final answer Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

In TT's defense he is retired and knowing what day of the week it is must be pretty hard.  Oh to be TT where every day is a Sunday....

We are going to the river for sun, fun, and beers.  It just so happens to be on my favorite trail.  So we will hike in 2 miles and drop hubby off then go for a 6 mile run, then a jump in the chilly waters.

qotd: I'm cool with Saturday.  Let's make it Satyrday on Sunday too.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

I know I have been stuck in meetings all week (including today), but I was hoping today was Saturday.

Went to see the Yankees last night, strange game.  But we had fun, too bad the home team didn't win, but we left after the 10th - the game went to 15 innings.

Got up and did an easy 4 miles this morning. Went along the East River today.

qotd: I'm going with Saturday.

tbd.

LB2

I have a long run tomorrow, so I did a brisk walk this morning to check on an old gobbler that got peppered by a friend the last weekend of the season. He seems fine, gobbled in the same old spot. I smiled and moved on down the cow path.

QOTD: I am going with Saturday.

LB2

Occasional Runner

Shit. That's how I feel this morning. Like shit.

Got into PHX at midnight after flight delays, forgetting my ID and several other mishaps. Wanted to sleep in this morning but the ladies are downstairs talking each others ears off.

I have a nighttime trail race that starts at 7PM. It's supposed to be about 95 degrees at the start but will be about 75 after midnight.

I'm hungry. Somebody needs to feed me.

Daydreamer1

Hoping to get out for a short 4.5 mile loop. Somehow I picked up a miserable cold so I may just bag the run and just lay out in the sun if it shows up this afternoon.

QOTD: I have no clue what day of the week it is most times. Today is no exception as I already checked my phone and watch three times for the date!!!  In TT's defense it's not just from being retired. Seeing how I put in a average of 55+ hours a week I'm certainly not retired and I rarely know the date or day of the week.  I think what happened here was TT got back from his run and asked Marley to post. It's Marley who needs better typing skills .

muppy

Plan on 10 easy miles after work.

QOTD It's Wednesday today!

I work weekends so Thursday is my Monday and Monday is really Friday.......

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

It did not dawn on me that something was off with the title until I read through the thread. And I'm not retired, just working weekends. My only way to know what day it is is by my kids' school schedule. And, of course, I mess that one up occasionally, too. Most likely a rest day today, unless my kids allow me some alone time for a run after my 12-hour workday, which is a bit unlikely to happen... Sandy: this basketball thing - I just don't get it. American sports are just too. Confusing Wink QOTD: looking forward to Satyrday...

Run for fun.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

15.6 in Mercer park...7.2 With HATRs, 8.4 solo.  Had to run around to the other entrance on the road, since the bike path was flooded.  On the way back I ran along the road again, but Brad took the challenge and waded the 50 yards of flooded pathway.  After the group run I did the same, and took the scenic route to the dam and back.  Water was flowing over the first spillway, which is uncommon. About 12 min pace on the trails, 10 on the roads with HATRs, and a slow 16 min pace for my solo effort., though that included rest stops, steep embankment repeats, and a run through "The Grinder", an incredibly twisty trail through a thick grove of small trees.  Everything is turning green.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Sandy-2

Sandy: this basketball thing - I just don't get. American sports are just too. Confusing Wink

You just have to remember that baseball is sorta like cricket. Cricket is easy to understand, right?  LOL.

tbd.

In TT's defense he is retired and knowing what day of the week it is must be pretty hard.  Oh to be TT where every day is a Sunday....

Yep.  I do lose track and it is nice not having to care what day it is.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

jonferg67

Endless trails

I did 13 trail miles this morning, tough run, must've been the heat. I lost a little time

on the uphills, but only 4 or 5 seconds, pretty sure I made it up on the downhills though.

QOTD: Ends with a Y, I think.