Trailer Trash

weekend edition (Read 22 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Howdy Trailers!  Got a really nice 12 mile run in this morning- temps were cool (mid 50's) and the smoke cleared out considerably, still there, but much better

qotw: (that's question of the weekend )  Any changes on the horizon- family, job, life?  We're looking at purchasing a lot on the south side of town and building a new home; we really love our home here, but this lot would put us smack dab on a running trail- literally walk out the front door and be on a nice single track trail.  Not sure if it's going to work out, but we're pushing forward.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Got in 4 miles with the running group this morning. No trails, but I ran with a speedy friend who pushed me up the long uphill back. I haven't pushed the pace in a while and it felt really good. But I'll admit, I was looking for a way out of that hill and pace for much of the way. I kept thinking of two other friends behind us running a more casual pace, and almost (many times) said I needed to slow down and I'll wait for the others... Glad I didn't.

qotw: No big changes on the horizon.  I feel the last few months have been 'death by papercuts' plus one big one (a death in the family) so I could do with 'quiet' for a while. However, this is DS1's last year of high school, so there's some big changes associated with that. Now if we were looking at a new house and a move like that, I could take that kind of change....

Sandy-2

mt, sounds like a good run what I'd give for that temp. Good luck with the lot.

dc, sorry to hear about the death in your family. Hope things settle down.

I went out for a very soggy run today. Heavy rain the whole time, with 4 truely torrential downpours during passing squalls. There was also lightening but it wasn't ground-type, stayed up in the clouds, nothing close.  Went out over a little bridge that went over a flooded stream about 2 feet below the bridge, 90 minutes later on the way back I was wading in knee high water on that same bridge. Pretty impressive. I also had to wade in knee high water for a quarter mile at another point. All other streams and ponds were similarly out of their banks.   A great run, felt quite alive. I ran 20 mi total, never saw another person, I don't know why?

By the way, our house is high and dry, no worries... yet.

qotw: no, but there is that retirement off in the horizon.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

good deal!  looks like a bad one

By the way, our house is high and dry, no worries... yet.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Haven't eaten in 20+ hours, and not because I'm sick.  Got into work this morning and headed right out the door on a residential fire call. Total loss of the house. After that it was call after call after call and then in the middle of all that the power steering AND brakes started failing on the ambulance .  So I had to limp that through the city streets to the main station and was lucky enough to not have to play bumper cars .   Anyway no running or biking today and it's a really nice day.  Time to head for Subway for something to............................................................Oh forget that, the pager just went off  .

AT-runner

Tim

8 miles with DW on some hilly trails.  Felt the knee complain more than it has been on the downhill side of things, Might need to stay flat the rest of the week.

Confirmed a meet and greet with Warden in Helena on Tuesday September 19th.  Jess and I will hook up with Mike for a run / hike / beer(s) / steak. Since Bromance is already in use, and we can't call it a three-way, we'll have to find a catchy name for our trip.

Sandy - Was worried about you and your area. Rain totals look insane. Hope Burke is not having any issues form inland storm.

QOTD:  Enough surprises for us already this year with DD#2 moving home and they DS moving back East.

As far a job, I got a nice surprise this week when my EHR (electronic health records) company told us they were terminating their software as of next September.  They were bought out by a larger company and now I need to migrate over to the new software.  Not fun, and it will be a big hassle with billing and when I need to look at old chart files. The new company requires a larger server, so I need to upgrade my network as well  $$.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Good, solid 8.2 miles.

qotw: Tomorrow will be my last day of work at Barnes & Noble. I've decided to fully retire and stop working even part time. I asked the Immaculata University XC coach if she'd be interested in a volunteer assistant coach but have yet to hear any word back on whether this is a possibility.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Hope Burke is not having any issues form inland storm.

Me too!!! You ok LB2?

If the next wave of rain now falling and a local tornado warning to keep us from sleeping tonight. There's this from Japan.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Just got back from a crappy 7 miler.  But got er done.

Praying for all those in the midst of what looks like a crazy storm.  Sandy - good to hear you are unaffected thus far but boy that is a lot of rain projected for the Corpus Christi area!!!!

QOTD: Well I am projecting that my schooling will finally come to an end.  I think another 2-4 months and I should be done.  That will be a huge relief and will start the next phase of my life.  It will likely take me a while to find the teaching job I want though so probably won't have too much change in the next year or so.

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Easy 7.25 miles today in some strangely-warm fog (cue "The Fog" movie references and that Stephen King story "The Mist").

QOTW: I'm having surgery next month to deal with some non-running related health stuff.  So, that'll keep me out of commission from physical activity for a few weeks, which is a big change. Hopefully life changing in a good way.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Daydreamer1

Continued from above:

Ended up dining at the Kings place (Burger King).  The Rodeo burger is very good and I highly recommend it. If you're tired, hungry and stressed that is. If you're trying to eat healthy not so much.

Hoping Sandy, LB2, PADrunner and any others down that way are staying safe without too much damage.

QOTD:  Not really anything major on the near Horizon.  I do have to start thinking about DW retiring but that is about 5 years away yet.  I'd like to remodel the kitchen and bath but that is 1-2 years away as well.  Mostly it will be life as normal, just trying to keep things going and finding more time for running/biking/hiking.   The biggest change will be when my BIL passes away which we expect by the end of the year. That will be the end of me having any desire to go to Michigan.

muppy

Congratulations on the full time retirement George!

Speedy recovery to you Gatsby!

The Rodeo burger is my favorite,  luckily the Burger King in town is the slowest in the world so I don't go there much!

5.5 trail miles yesterday. Unfortunately I stepped on something that went through my shoe into the ball of my foot. I went back and looked and I have no idea what it was.
                          So I guess today will be urd.

QOTD I'm getting a new truck next week!  I'm also planning to rip out all the bushes at my house and do new landscaping.

AT-runner

Tim

Broke my "no running back to back days" rule and ran 4.5 on some flat trails with DW at Caledonia SP. Saw a lot of hikers out there and many families enjoying the nice weather.

George - enjoy the retirement. XC coaching sounds great, for you. They'd be stupid not to take you. If not, look at a HS program. I loved my years coaching at Delone HS.

Muppy - do you know any good landscapers? 

Coming Soon ... Dr Jamie

Gatsby - surgery has nothing to do with you balls, does it?

Sandy - Wowser, that's a big print.

DC - sorry about the death in the family. Senior year will fly by for you and DS#1.

Dd - How did you sleep after your caloric BK overload trip?

Warden - Showed DW you picture and said "that's Mike, he never smiles". 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Warden - Showed DW you picture and said "that's Mike, he never smiles". 

there was that one time wasn't there 

hill repeats on Mt Helena- 6 miles and 3000'+- these hurt; honestly I can't say which was worse- going up or coming down

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

PADRunner

I survived Harvey! Actually it wasn't bad at all. No rain on the first loop. Just humid. The second loop was off and on spitting rain and a little gusty on top of the granite. Hardly any mud really but the granite got to be slippery in places. The sqaw lines seemed to die out around Austin. Definitely benefited from the cooler temps.

This is a shot from one of the granite tops at dusk with puddles in the granite.

Stay safe Sandy,