Trailer Trash

Blue Sky Fridaily (Read 32 times)

moonlightrunner

Ok...no blue sky here today. Definitely wishful thinking.

I had two wonderful runs. Last night at dusk into dark. As I approached a pond the frogs we're so loud I could I could feel vibration of my ear drums. The run was magical..just me and my dog. It was in the 60's'.  Then, this morning I was up at 315. Did a boat load of dishes, picked up all my toys and headed out for a run at 0430. It was only 4 miles, but again it was magical. Frogs were not as loud...they must Have been tired from all of last night's sexual activity.

Qotd: is there a song that makes you smile when you hear it and it brings back good feelings from the past? I'm sure there are many. This morning after my run Mr. blue Sky by ELO came on the radio. When I was in college, on the first warm day of spring I would turn it on, point my giant speakers (do you remember speakers like that?) out the window and play that song. It just made me smile today. What song makes you feel good?

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Easy 3 pr 4 miles tomorrow morning and then get on a plane in the afternoon for Phoenix.  My running buddy is getting nervous.  He always gets like that before a race, and I almost never do.  We've run thousands of miles together over the past 16 years, including close to 15 marathons, so I know how to calm him down.  It's usually "shut up and run, asshole"  That one always works.

QOTD:  First thing that pops into my head is Van Morrison's Moondance.  Don't know if it's the song or because moon asked the question, but I do love any Van Morrison song.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

sugnim

Good morning all.  I had a little 3.5 mile run under the light of the half moon this morning.  I ran down by the river to let my dog get a drink and I rolled my ankle & fell.  Luckily, I fell away from the river!

QOTD:  There are way too many songs to name.  The first that came to mind is "I X Love" by Charles Mingus.  Gorgeous stuff.

NorthernHarrier

Did some intervals this morning. Surprisingly the trails were in ok shape after the monsoons of the last 36 hours. Better shape than me anyway as I struggled getting going and had a funky feeling in my left hip. Maybe the screws need tightening.  Couple easy days this weekend up at the shack then we'll get after it on Monday again and see what's happening.

QOTD--Hard to say off the top of my head but how about "Roll Me Away" by Bob Seger.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm on vacation!!!!!!!!! Wooooo!  Lots of biking, hiking, sleeping in, drinking beer, and heading down to Chicago are in my plans.

I'm going out to lunch with a friend soon, then I don't know what I'll do first.  Maybe a hike with the dog.  Or a ride.  Or something.  Smile

QOTD: I like AT's answer.  I love that Van Morrison song.  Most anything by Cat Stevens makes me smile and think of my mom.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Have stuff for a lunchtime 4..doing a trail half tomorrow so just taking it easy. Feel funky so what that means for me is I have a cold..once the funky goes away the snot comes to confirm it was a cold.    I'm lucky in that way.

Oh did I mention I took the leap and signed up for a 50 Miler end of July.  Wanted to do Marquette 50 miler but I family reunion was planned for the same day.  Besides running I think it's really important for me to start working on my core.  Doing Siskiyou Out and Back in Ashland Or...although they do have us running back into CA. 

QOTD:  Got you Under My Thumb by Stones...it was my college boyfriend song because he worked so hard to get me to like him  which leads to the other song by the Doors which reminds me of his nunchuck routine to that song...any Neil Young brings me back to college.  Metallic:  Nothing Else Matters.  It was popular when my now husband and I travel the US for a year in 92.  Some words are "Life is ours we did it our way"  "Trust I seek and I find in you, ever day something new"  it was fitting since we only knew each other 3 months and everyday there was something new.. too see anyway.

AT:  Have a good time on your R2R2R...take pictures and share.  Drink lot's of water.

Mandy:  Enjoy your vacation.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: I like AT's answer.  I love that Van Morrison song.  Most anything by Cat Stevens makes me smile and think of my mom.

Mandy - have a great vacation.  My kids grew up listening to Cat Stevens too.  We used to rock out "Remember the Days at the Old Schoolyard" as we drove down the highway.

Queen - Thanks, I switched to my 2.5L bladder in my pack.  Looks like only creek water from Phantom to the North rim, due to work on the pipe, so we both have Sayer Mini water filters with us. It's going to be a warm day.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Heading out for a few mountain miles, hoping that the rain will only hit once I'm out there. I just don't like starting out when everything is already sopping wet.

Work was crazy today, so I need a good run to calm me down.

Ranking at 4 in the MMT 100 wait list, so there's a really good chance I'll have to run that one. So little time, so much mountain... 

QOTD: Terence Trent D'Arby, "Would I lie to you, baby" - I was totally freaked out about my upcoming PhD defense, just putting together the last paragraphs of my thesis and preparing a presentation to be held prior to the exam itself. When I heard that song, it instantly calmed me down, reminding me that the prof had given me a few hints about what he would most likely ask at the exam, so that I could prepare for at least a few of the many questions to be asked by the committee. I was just hoping that he would not change his mind. In the exam, the prof stuck to his "promise", and later in my life, whenever I heard the song, I was often in a situation where I had to rely on or trust in someone who was "promising" me something. Magically, those "promises" were almost always kept - the song seems to do the trick.

Ooops just realized, it's by Charles & Eddie, not Terence.

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

SRD due to working. Didn't get in my planned run yesterday. I just felt like crap overall and couldn't force myself out the door.

QOTD: Can't think of any particular song, but I love most old country. Stuff from the 50's, thru 70's.

Gator eye

Rest day

Werewolves of London always give me a silly feeling and makes me smile.

"His hair was perfect" lol

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Never did get up to the forecast of 66F, closer to 54F tops. Ran the trails behind the WCU stadium. Not in too bad shape, but I still tripped and fell hard banging my left knee. Limped a bit then continued. Might have strained something in my right hip as well.

QOTD: No, nothing comes to mind, but I don't listen to much music anyway.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Watoni

Went for a ride up Old la Honda road and down this am before work (did last night as well). Still not feeling 100% and still going unplugged (no GPS) but baby steps.

Going to try to do the San Francisco Running Company group run (13-15) tomorrow morning ... most likely not ready for it but oh well.

QOTD: Too many to name, but generally Queen, The Who, some Cat Stevens, random 80s bands, etc.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Evening Trailers.  Another gorgeous day  here, highs in the 50's, sun shining, birds chirping 

finished up strength training at the gym, have a nice long run planned for tomorrow

qotd: almost anything Doors, Led Zeppelin, old Rolling Stones and of late- Seattle grunge/alternative stuff (ie Lithium channel on Sirius radio)- a lot of similarities is probably why I'm drawn to it

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Q: I Don't Want to go Home - Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes. There are many, but that just popped into my head.

tbd.