Trailer Trash

Wednesdaily (Read 15 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Going to skip lunch run to get some paper work caught up.  Dark run tonight on the road if I'm feeling it.

Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone.

QOTD:  Traditional turkey dinner tomorrow, or anything "unusual" planned?  We have the traditional meal with turkey and all the required carbohydrates. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, bread, pies, cakes, etc. SIL will make a salad, and we're like "why bother".

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Got in 4 miles with a friend this morning. It was good to run with someone else who is faster than me, and also talks, while I'm gasping for air.  Might get in a second run tonight with the brewery running group to build up a calorie deficit for tomorrow.

qotd: Thankfully, we're heading to friends who do most of the cooking.  It's the usual and lots of it. I'm grateful that the leftovers stay there, too. I do need to make 4 pies and amish rolls, but that's easy.

LB2

Maybe tonight after the rain passes, but probably not.

QOTD: Just regular

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 4 this morning...it poured all night so nice fog in the trees...I saw one manzanita that was just bitching looking...love the color of the trunks especially when wet.  The boys were in a fuck around mood... I went with it.  I've had a fuck around attitude about running lately.  Have a 50K in a few weeks and thinking of either just fucking it and downgrade to the 25K.    it's my heel I think...I sick of the pain.

QOTD:  Traditional but just the two of us..four if you count the dogs who will get plenty of turkey scraps.

Happy Thanksgiving all...enjoy your time with friends and family!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Just got back from spending a bunch of money. DS is moving out and getting an apartment. He was concerned about how to get a bed into the bedroom since it has some tight corners in the hallway. He was looking at the cheapest Sleep Number and I, in my infinite wisdom, suggested that he could buy ours which is only several years old but three grades better than the cheapest and we would get a newer one.  So this morning we went shopping for one and ended up spending too much . My own fault. On the bright side the bed we got was on sale for about 1/2 price. Apparently they do that with that model once a year.

Going to try to run 5 miles before heading into work.  Unless I fall asleep and don't wake up in time. For some reason I'm really tired.

QOTD:  Having grilled barbecue chicken.  Also some mashed taters and a veggie.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a  short run at the gym last night.  Not sure what the rest of today has yet for me.

Queen - btw my 2016 team is in the finals.  It is the top two teams.  Just thought you needed to know that.  

QOTD: A lot of traditional stuff.  My mom always makes cranberry relish and is the best ever.  Made with cranberries (duh), oranges, apples, and lots of sugar! Makes me go 

Have a great Thanksgiving and don't eat too much! Or if you do, just run it off.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Last night, I ended up with a creaky 6 miles on the trails of Coventry Woods with the Lady. Nice sunset up on the ridge but dusk fell quickly once we our way off the hill top. Today, a lunchtime 7 miler from the house, mix of road and trails. Crisp and sunny.

QOTD: I am doing a standing rib roast tomorrow, just for the Mrs. and me, and of course LadyB the gsp and SirB the springer.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Oh I am well aware but didn't want you to know I still cared.    kinda boring though in first place the whole year.

Queen - btw my 2016 team is in the finals.  It is the top two teams.  Just thought you needed to know that.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Oh I am well aware but didn't want you to know I still cared.    kinda boring though in first place the whole year.

Cheaters! 

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: I am doing a standing rib roast tomorrow, just for the Mrs. and me, and of course LadyB the gsp and SirB the springer.

Traditional Native American recipe or are you using the Pilgrims version?  

Sandy-2

Did 5 miles before my meetings this morning.  Ran along the Tames. By the way they are taking down the 4 stacks of the Battersea power station (made famous by Pink Floyd Animals album cover), two are gone already, the end of an era I guess.

Left London in the afternoon and currently sitting in Dulles airport waiting for the connecting flight home.  The airport is actually pretty quiet, I thought it was going to be a zoo.

qotd:  Traditional.

tbd.