Trailer Trash

Warm Wednesdaily (Read 18 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Temperatures getting up to 85° today. Might be time to get cover off a pool before algae blooms.

Short run today on the Battlefield. Tourists are pouring into town. It's going to be a busy year, I can tell already. On a health note, I'm being optimistic that adding the second antibiotic is helping me more. Fingers crossed.

Walked 5-6 miles around Longwood Gardens yesterday with DW.  We did all the nature walk areas plus the woods and of course the Tulips. Did not see a tall, thin balding man there (Didn't know XT was there until today, when I read the dailies.)  Now, If he had his shirt off, I would have recognized his hairy back him right away.   Plus thousands of people were there yesterday.

QOTD:  Any gardeners out there, (flower or vegetable)? If not, does significant other garden?  DW is our gardener, but she's kind enough to let me run the heavy machinery and build raised beds. She does both veggies and flowers. Her zinnia bed will be 20' by 40' this year.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

AT- nice!

got a good strength session in yesterday evening- little sore today.

I think the plan this evening is 4-ish miles and supper out

qotd: DW used to raise a pretty nice garden (minor help from me); it’s been several years now since- she has summers off and likes to take off when she wants (and probably knows that I would be not overly dependable to count on )

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Wonderful pictures, AT!

Finally it is getting warm. I am planning on a few miles soon, I can’t wait to get out there.

AT: glad that the antibiotics seem to work. I hope you are feeling right on top soon again.

Warden: it must take a lot to get you sore! Enjoy your evening run!

QOTD: I do garden a bit, usually just flowers. This year, the property management is removing all of the flower beds, but I disagreed, and me and my neighbors are allowed to keep ours. I am very happy about this. It seems to me management really is putting in every effort to take away anything beautiful or any expression of individuality, they don’t care about people's Emotional health at all. They have removed all the trees that flower in the spring, too, like cherries or crabapples, and the ones that have nice fall foliage, like sugar maples or burning bushes. So creating a supportive and literally flowering place for my kids is now up to me, and I am more than happy to live up to that challenge.

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

. Did not see a tall, thin balding man there (Didn't know XT was there until today, when I read the dailies.)  Now, If he had his shirt off, I would have recognized his hairy back him right away.  

Poor XT.  We pick on him so! 

I got in a short 3 mile run around the 'hood yesterday.  It felt hard.

QOTD: Neither the BF or I garden.  I doubt I ever will, even if I own land someday.  My mom's main hobby is gardening though. The yard always looks amazing.

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Morning trailers. Haven't been running this week until this morning. 4 miles easy along the bike path. I need to get out to one of my favorite trails-- there was a large brush fire a couple of days ago. Someone's cigarette, from the sounds of it. Damn dogwalkers can't get out in nature without near burning it down.   It's a pretty heavily forested area, so I was surprised. But we've been dry and it was very windy.

Harrier-- Um, I think you're being overly optimistic about the ice conditions.This is looking over to Ontario and while there is no snow, the ice is doesn't seem to be going anywhere. They've had snow since mid-October and the ice came in early this year as I understand. gunflint webcam

Couch-- that's too bad they ripped out plantings and trees. Keep fighting the good fight.

qotd: My garden is as important as running to me. DH will assist with heavy lifting, when needed. Around the house, some vegetablesm fruit and perennial beds. I also have a community garden plot in Rock Creek, which I got when we moved here and now are impossible to get. Someone has to die or move away. I plan on doing neither anytime soon.

AT-runner

Tim

Poor XT.  We pick on him so! 

Only because he's in my AG and he's faster than I am. 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

couch- from yesterday, we don’t have a lot of broadleaf trees, mostly pine, spruce, fir, etc (evergreens) , we do have some aspen and cottonwood, have not seen any buds on them yet- I’m sure it’s very close now. I have seen some of the shrubs with buds however

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gator eye

That's not sayin much 😛

Couldn't get my butt out of bed this morning so mark me down for a USRD

QOTD: use to but not no more.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran with friends this morning for 6...may run with group tonight because they are running in a new place I want to check out.  Haven't been to the gym in awhile but still bringing the gym bag to work everyday.    maybe today I get back ion the wagon.

AT:  Beautiful...we have a place here that does lots of tulips...one of these years I will go.  Hope your second antibiotic does the trick.

FTYC:  That is so wrong...our post office cut down all there trees in the parking lot and filled the space in with gravel...man people were pissed off around here.  Work did a bit of the same thing to make way for ugly solar panels but enough trees left so that it wasn't too bad.

Gatsby:  I plan on signing up for the Tahoe Training run.  A friend is running the 50K and his DBFthe 100 miler.  She is also doing the training run so you will get a chance to meet her and have a friendly face on the course.  She will also be crewing the DBF.

QOTD:  I have two beds and they do poorly..not enough light I think.  Given what I pay for the plants and what I get I think I lose money every year.  Once retired and if we move to a place with more sunlight I may do more.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

explains why you never saw him yesterday..

AT-runner

Tim

That's not sayin much 😛

True dat.

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi this morning.  Uuugh, it was 76 deg at 5am, but the worst part was my hip starting acting up again.  WTF?  I'm hoping it's just a small set back and I'm not back at ground zero.

Nice photos AT, but I can't get this picture of XT tiptoeing thru the tulips outta my head...  BTW, hope the new dose of antibiotics does the trick.

qotd: not one bit.  In fact I pay some guys to take care of our lawn and landscaping and it looks great all the time, they just treat it as if it's their place. I used to do it all and every other weekend it'd take me 2 to 3 hrs and I'd sweat my butt off, now the guys come with an army of mowers, edgers, trimmers, blowers and they are done in 10 minutes. Works for me.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

6 miles up and down the mountain on a very technical trail.

My legs are just not up to par with this one, so it was hard. And the temperature around 82 degrees did not exactly make it any easier. Still was a very enjoyable run. I almost wanted to give up about half a mile from the turnaround point, but I am happy I stuck it out and got it done as planned. I can be stubborn at times, and this time, it was for my own pride.

Saw a white tailed deer, which is rather rare in our area. Edit: Just checked it out, we only have white tailed deer. I should say: Never have seen one like this there before. Its tail looked as if it had stolen a fox's tail, just huge and brown and white, and attached it to its behind. 

Queen: You are so lucky you have the running group. They look like a fun bunch. Even though I usually prefer running alone, I sometimes like groups for motivation and fun.

warden: I checked again today, to set a contrast to AT's flowery flower pics, and there are only a few bushes that are just starting to get green leaves. Everything else is like dead. Only back in the civilized world, there are bluebells (groundcovers gone wild, literally), spring flower beds, and blooming trees. Nada out in the wild.

Run for fun.

XtremeTaper

Busy day for me today so late to post. Looks like I am popular today.

Ack, I ran on assfault today. 8 miles into town and back on the roads. I did get maybe 1/4 mile on some dirt wandering into the local community park. I needed some shade to get out of the blazing sun. Warm here, 80+ at noon. I am not complaining. Seems like it was winter just last week so I will take it. Weird run. I felt pretty decent today and knocked out some blazing fast 9mm splits. Ha.

Pulled off pool cover this weekend and fired it up last night. Soaked my legs in 57 degree water post run today. Did a full body plunge but only for a second. I was not brave enough for the power dive.

QOTD: We have quite a few flower beds, mostly perennials, shrubs, bulbs, and small trees. I do all the heavy labor (digging, mulching, weeding) and the missus plants any annual and waters as needed.

AT - We had not gone to Longwood this spring yet (seems like it was just winter last week) and the missus picked yesterday for our visit. Great day to be over there. Splurged on a pricey late lunch.

Sandy - Sorry about the hip.

Couch - I hear you on the stubbornness. I've gotten better about cutting things short since my knee issues of the past year+, but I still hate to do it.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

A year ago I was running alone most times and for the 3 years before that.  I had issues   I decided running alone wasn't helping these issues and starting running with a group that I like the folks but wasn't to happy with the large group runs of various paces.  Lot's of waiting around.  But that group splintered off a bit and really enjoying the "friend" runs.  It's really helped me in getting the run done, escepially in winter months when dark.  You may want to try locating a group at least for a weekly group run.

Queen: You are so lucky you have the running group. They look like a fun bunch. Even though I usually prefer running alone, I sometimes like groups for motivation and fun.