Trailer Trash

Thundering Thursday (Read 33 times)

LB2

I ran 5 in the dark this morning. And I got an additional 3.6 on the trails after work yesterday. Running is pretty good right now, smooth. I hope it continues.

QOTD: What is the best thing that you have found to supplement your running?

Since I started weightlifting again, I have seen exceptional results. I haven't been trying to lift heavy weights; I just want to strengthen my core, and increase the strength in my legs, hips, and shoulders. I try to lift weights at least three times per week. Also, Tailwind has really helped my long runs. Those two things have really increased my confidence, and you gotta have some confidence.

LB2

Occasional Runner

7 terrific mountain miles with the puppy. The weather was perfect this morning.

Speedgoat 50k this weekend, but I was planning to be there as a spectator. I just got the call to work the race for iRunfar, so that'll be fun. I'll be on the course, reporting on the business at the front of the pack.

QOTD: Weights are important to my training for distance running. I also have a regimen of supplements that keep me well balanced.

Happy mountain dog!

The pooch and I had a great seven mile trail run. It was a dry 62 F at the start, great running weather.

QOTD:  Nothing comes to mind.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

DigDug2

Jumping on the beautiful weather bandwagon here - 7 on the road/rail trail on a great running morning, 61 degrees and no humidity after a stretch of warm and humid weather.

QOTD:  Sleeping.  I've been listening to my body more and increasing sleep whenever I increase mileage/intensity, and I think it's helped keep me healthy and energetic.

NorthernHarrier

Had plans to do a specific workout early but I woke at 5 with a wicked headache so I fed the dogs, took some IBU's and back to bed I went. I feel like a slacker now but I guess I needed a little more sleep. Was gonna bike again after work but I'll take my running stuff along and figure things out later.

QOTD--IDK.  Since I'm on the far back end of any performance type running I guess I would just say variety in places, workouts, and distances have kept it fun and interesting for me. Have always done weights and a number of regular cross-training disciplines. IDK.

XtremeTaper

Pleasant evening last night for a run. 78-80 degrees with low humidity feels pretty darn awesome. I ran my usual 7 mile trail loop at Coventry Woods and knocked out a pretty spiffy time at a medium effort (whatever that means). Felt good. Did not have time to go longer as I was in charge of taco night and I had guests to cook for. Lunchtime road run today of 5-6 miles then golf in the evening with a friend.

QOTD: A post run high quality beer is my favorite supplement these days.

Lace - Your dog looks fit like mine (and happy). Almost identical beasts. Mine is a gsp.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a3df08b3127ccef26e01baa47b00000030O00BYuGbdo1YtQe3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00501547381020130129142144508.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I am off work today.  Ahhhhhh.  However, I gotta get stuff done, including taking my car in for an oil change/maintenance, so I will drop off my car, bike the 10 miles home, then later in the day bike back to the car place and pick it up for about a total of 20 miles.  Bella and I will also get our 2 minutes running/3 minutes walking intervals in this afternoon at some point.

QOTD: I have no idea. I'll let you know when I start running again.  I imagine I will be including a lot of more cross training and strength training this time around.

Is this the dog photos thread today? 

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

I had a great run over the hills last night, and I'll be heading out for some more hills a little later today.

I have noticed lately that my trails are taken over by mountain bikers, and the gravel roads by all the traffic related to the MTB'ers. Whereas I used to be pretty much alone out there on my trails and gravel roads in the past years (and enjoying the solitude and serenity), it's now a high-traffic area. On average, I now see 6 to 10 MTB'ers, 6or 8 hikers, and 20+ cars on a 2-hour run. 

I constantly have to watch out to not get run over, and jump off the trail many times. And all this change has happened just this year.

I wonder what this is about, and I know I really don't like it.

The alternative are the trails farther out, but I don't want to have to drive half an hour over dusty gravel roads to get there.

QOTD: Squats, lunges, eating enough calories on my runs, and avoiding all whole grains, especially wheat, and corn in any form. I have been slacking on my stretching lately, and I can feel that this is not doing me any good. So I'll add that as well to the list.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

I ended up not going for that run/walk yesterday, got home too late.  (Work is really crazy because I'm trying to catch up from some time off.)  I plan to do an easy run after work today.  I'll just have to dodge the thunderstorms.

qotd: I find that a little core training, abs, planks, etc. goes a long way.  I don't need much, but it really helps the lower back.

tbd.

Occasional Runner

Lace - Your dog looks fit like mine (and happy). Almost identical beasts. Mine is a gsp.

Mine is an English Pointer. She turned 1 a couple of weeks ago.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I did it.  Got in 2 miles in our new neighborhood.  It is super quiet and super dark in some areas.  No street lights.  My flashlight died too.

Marie - learn to share the trails  that is unless the bikers are purposely trying to run you off the road.  I only wish I lived so close to such awesome trails as you do.

I'd post a pic of my dog too but she's not much of a runner.

QOTD: I absolutely need to do core work.  I have been told several times (by PTs) that my hips and core are weak and this seems to lead to my injuries. My problem is I get bored too easily with the same routine.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Since we seem to be doing dog pictures...  Here is one of Marley from yesterday's run:

Marley

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Hi folks!  Heading to yoga at lunch.   I'm making pickles later (beets, and dilled cukes) to deal with my garden excess, so no time for a run today.  But I might need to find out what is happening in my neighborhood first.  Police cruiser with sirens just passed by on our usually very quiet side street, police helicopter is flying low overhead.  Ah, such is life in the (sub)urban core.

Some handsome looking dogs here!  I never get tired of seeing trail dog photos.

qotd:  hands down, its yoga.  I don't like actually doing it, but I do very much like the effects and I think it has been key for staying injury-free.  And like many runners, I suffer from tight hips and hamstrings.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all,

Don't think I'll fit any running in this afternoon...I'll be cleaning the house and packing for a trip to San Diego for a wedding.  I'm bringing my hydration pack and trail shoes .

QOTD: Riding the bike and swinging some kettlebells.  The bike loosens up the legs, the kettlebells are a fun way to work the whole body.

**Ask me about streaking**

moonlightrunner

planning 7 after lunch with my buddy. I am going to run my favorite trail...but I will have to dodge mountain bikes.

My dog ( an english pointer) looks just like Lace's! If i knew how..i would post her pic. I love my little pointer! I dont take her running much since they destroyed my local trail with tree removal ans pavement. It makes her sad when she cant go.

Mandy: it is great you are doing so well. Do you think Bella can handle the interval? She will be at least as happy as you are when you are totally recovered.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k