Trailer Trash

New Folks Friday? (Read 43 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I have stuff to run at lunch but if it's raining I will not run and probably won't run when I get home either.

QOTD: I leave between Sacramento, CA and Lake Tahoe in the foothills in a little town called Grass Valley.  All my weekday running is done here on trails and weekends I occasionally venture out further.  I love running in the woods. 

runtraildc:  Nice idea for the post..new folks.

FTYC:  Sounds nice..I miss x-country skiing.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

runtraildc:  Nice idea for the post..new folks.

No kidding! The same old people are getting boring!!!!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

FTYC - How did the shoulder appointment go?

The PA thinks it isa rotator cuff tendinitis. The pain was so bad that I agreed to geta.steroid shot in the shoulder. Sounded way worse than what it actually was then and soon the shoulder started improving. Yesterday the pain was gone, but the cracking noises and rumbling, choppy motion still remains. I don't know what to think of it.

I realized that the skiing (use of poles, picking up and skiing with the kids,lowering and opening the bar on the chairlift, etc.), combined with the constant reaching, lifting and stretching at work, might have triggered the pain in the first place. I am trying now to reduce the load on my shoulder, hoping the shot and physical therapy will quench the inflammation and give the shoulder a chance to heal up.

The PA also checked my thumb and diagnosed it as trigger thumb (someone in the forum here - AT? - had mentioned this last year already). I am not sure, I think there might still be some after-effect from a fall on my thumb two years ago, but he did not think so. Does anyone think I should request an MRI, or is this just a waste of money? Not sure, as probably for the time being, it would not necessarily change anything, like therapy, anyway.

So for the moment, I am happy with the result.

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

The PA thinks it isa rotator cuff tendinitis. The pain was so bad that I agreed to geta.steroid shot in the shoulder. Sounded way worse than what it actually was then and soon the shoulder started improving. Yesterday the pain was gone, but the cracking noises and rumbling, choppy motion still remains. I don't know what to think of it.

Hmmmmm.  Hopefully wcrunner checks in today.  He had a torn labrum in his shoulder (like what happened in my hip) -- I wonder if any of those symptoms match.  The cracking noises are too familiar to me.

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

Did 7 miles this morning, went down to the Tower Bridge and back (my hotel was near St. James Park. Getting on the 12 hour flight back "home" this evening.

FTYC: my shoulder hurts just reading about what's going on with yours.

Welcome new folks!!!

qotd: mostly run the trails just north of Haeundae Beach, which is a neighborhood of Busan, Korea. But I also run wherever I travel for work, this week that would be London.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

So for the moment, I am happy with the result.

Glad to hear.  I'd wait on the MRI until it "needs" to be done.

FYI - the noise in your joints is referred to as "crepitus".  When I tell my patients that, I always tell them it's Latin for "to creak or make noise" and unfortunately where we get the word "decrepit" from.  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

What you talking about Willis?

No kidding! The same old people are getting boring!!!!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

What you talking about Willis?

Jamie just called us old.  And boring. 

Where the hell is Kelly anyway?

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

I consider myself in the old folks crowd.

8 miles today at lunchtime on the roads. Took my loop into town and back. Seems impossible but the wind/airflow felt like it was in my face most of the run. I ran a elliptical circle dammit. How could that be? Balmy mid 20's shorts weather today. I'll try something longer on the trail tomorrow I think.

QOTD: I run the trails of Montgomery, Berks, and Chester county PA. Favorite places are French Creek State Park and some smaller local forest preservers like Coventry Woods, Monocacy Hill, and Green Lane Reservoir. Ocassionally hit places like Blue Marsh lake, Nolde Forest near Reading and the Appalachian Trail out by Hamburg. Also often venture down to PA/MD border where a friend of mine lives to hit the trails of White Clay Creek and Fair Hill.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I'm new. I run sometimes, but I can't deal with this snow so I've

been on a looonng taper.

QOTD: I run in Harriman/Bear Mt. SP, and surrounding areas.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Kelly is in San Diego drinking beers.  I'm old; you're boring. 

Jamie just called us old.  And boring. 

Where the hell is Kelly anyway?

runtraildc

Welcome Derek & Trojan!  We haven't had much representation from Colorado and only a few Bay Area folks, as well.  Please make it a habit to drop in regularly (and help keep these old clowns in line).  And good to have you drop in, Jon!  We haven't had enough snow, but it's been a cold and windy winter.  I keep telling myself that in a month, signs of spring will be obvious (except for the midwest/western PA and NY folks.... sorry).

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Kelly is in San Diego drinking beers.  I'm old; you're boring. 

I'm new here, dammit!  Who are all you people?  Which way is up?  Who stole my socks?  Where's the beer?

Maybe just going senile already.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hmmmmm.  Hopefully wcrunner checks in today.  He had a torn labrum in his shoulder (like what happened in my hip) -- I wonder if any of those symptoms match.  The cracking noises are too familiar to me.

No strange sounds, just sharp pain if I moved the wrong way. My surgeon didn't say anything about  damage to the rotator cuff, just the torn labrum which was surgically repaired. I've had no problems with it since and that was 5-6 years ago I think.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I wish I were new or at least no more than 30. There's too much wear and tear on this body.

QOTD: I do most of my running on the Immaculata University campus roads and some on paved trails at two local township parks. When I have time I'll drive to a local state park or Valley Forge NP to run on trails.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.