Trailer Trash

Thursday...that's it! (Read 19 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

It's Thursday.  It feel like it has been a very long week and it is not stopping.  I have to travel today for a short meeting out of state and then travel back.  What a waste! I ran some last night to push me over 180 miles for the month.  Now it's on to September.  Getting real.  I am down to less than 40 days til OC.  Getting excited.  But also waiting for the cooler crisp weather.

QOTD: How does your highest mileage season correspond to your favorite running season? For me my highest miles are run in the summer which happens to be my least favorite time of year to run.  But it's slightly less chaotic than other times of the year - mostly kid stuff, school stuff, holidays, etc.  I would love to hit high gear in the fall but doesn't happen except for a race.  But this is the other reason why summer is my highest is I am trying to cram in the time for a fall race.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

We're finally getting some much needed rain here, with more to come this weekend. Got in just under 5 miles last night with the running group. Boring route, all roads, but I knew that if I left it up to going solo, it wasn't going to happen.  Usually pretty good at motivating myself to run, but when I put it off to night time, it gets iffy. Ran in my road shoes for the first time in months and only had a little foot pain. Might keep to the trail shoes for a bit longer to be safe.

qotd: Fall and winter are my highest mileage seasons so I'm excited to have this foot thing behind me right now.  I usually have my favorite races in the spring, so it's in part gearing up for that, but really, it's the weather. Love fall running in the changing leaves (except for the hidden hazards).

XtremeTaper

7 trail mile last night at Coventry Woods. Sort of slow the first half, then I buckled down and ran more briskly for the second part of the run. Of course that is the easier part as the one big climb is sort of gentle, then it's finishes with a screaming downhill. I am a bit time pressed this evening, so will run at lunch. Mix of road and trails from home. The plan is to throw in some interval segments into the run.

QOTD: My mileage is pretty consistent year round, though typically my big races are planned for June. So I have springtime as my higher volume months which works out great for me as I love that season the most and there is more daylight in the spring.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD with a upcoming race this weekend (Rut Run)- interesting forecast, sounds like a very strong chance of snow . I'm going to keep an eye on it and possibly throw in my microspikes- other than the Bob Open cant say I've ever even contemplated such a thing for a race 

qotd: mine stays pretty even as well, fall is my favorite season to run in (followed by spring), but elk hunting tends to reduce my running miles, otherwise it would be my highest mileage season

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

URD here. I went Strava KOM hunting at Hunter's Creek(nearby county park), defending my turf you know. It was a little slippery out there and they have this metal mesh screwed down on the wooden walkways for traction... I slipped on a part that didn't have the mesh and landed right on the stuff. Could've been worse, and the cuts aren't deeper than 1/8", but I lost about a third of the skin from my right knee, ran the rest of the last mile to the trailhead with blood streaming down my leg. And I got my KOM.

So today I take it easy. Here's hoping I can still run 20 on Saturday morning.

QOTD: Highest miles is definitely summer, often in part because trails are at their best, but my favorite is a tossup between summer and fall. I really like running through the woods with minimal clothing which is summer all over, but fall brings cooler temps/faster times and the olfactory sense memories of high school cross country meets. Right now we are on the cusp of my absolute favorite running month of the year. God, I love running in September!

This is probably because I haven't been around, but Jamie, what's OC?

muppy

6.0 road miles.

I just signed up for Blues Cruise at Blue Marsh lake, if anyone has a good 4 week training plan let me know!

QOTD Usually winter/early spring  is petty good because I only work 5 days a week and have more time.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

NO RUN THIS MORNING JUST WALKED THE DOGS BUT MY HEEL FELT GOOD SO I WISHED I HAD RUN.  So plan to run after work and there is a good chance I will do it since the old man won't be home.

QOTD:  Summer...more light in the am makes it easier to get out of bed. I would say though that my favorite season are fall and spring just because the woods are changing making the run more interesting.   Training for a race helps too.  I think I am going spend today looking for a race or two.

QOTD2:  Old mans birthday is coming up...wanted to get him running (hiking) shorts.  His inseam is short and he's very husky...so gentlemen; what are some of your favorite shorts.  Oh and he hates the long baggy look.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

some call me Tim

qotd2: I'm fond of my Pearl Izumi Infinity shorts. Comfortable, light, with odd little front velcro pockets but two nice big zippered pockets around back, gray, 5" inseam. I know there are some variations out there with the pockets(some only have 1 rear pocket) and accent colors.

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed and now watching some continuing education videos while I try to wake up enough to run. Probably do my quick 5.1 mile loop than head into work.

QOTD: Typically my highest miles are in the summer. That's partly because of weather so it's easier to run longer and partly due to training for races.  I really prefer running in the fall except for the spider webs.

QOTD 2: I hate the current selection of running shorts that are in the running stores. My current favorites are probably 20 years old. I like something with a decent sized pocket or two and enough structure to the material that I can put some and other stuff in the pockets and not feel like I have $20.00 of quarters in there. I may end up just picking something up at Wal-Mart or Target since right now the local running store just seems to have very lightweight shorts with no pockets bigger than enough to hold a key.

AT-runner

Tim

Muggy run this morning in and around Caledonia SP.  Now waiting for DW to get off work so we can head to the beach for a really long weekend.

Muppy - looks like you've had some good mileage, so you'll do well. Get in another long run or two and then taper.

Queen - For hiking, I like Columbia shorts, but they may be too long in the inseam. They dry very quickly, so he could use them on the water as well. Also have a pair of Mt Hardware hiking shorts that I like. They come in short or long inseam.  For running, I use anything Under Armour or Adidas as long as they are black or black (sometimes I'll get black ).

QOTD:  Winter and Spring are my longest months usually.  Helps having an annual 24hr race in May. I'd rather run 20 miles in cold weather then a hot and muggy day. With that said, August 2016 was the warmest August on record in my area (and I'm sure a lot of other areas).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

4 after work.

QOTD: Fall/Winter

QOTD: Balls out, Sue, balls out. No shorts. Just kidding, whatever. I like something with compression shorts built in to them.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

qotd 2: for running shorts I reall like the Mountain Hardwear Refueler shorts - 5, 7 and 9" inseams available. No real pockets to speak of so I don't use them hiking. For hiking I like Outdoor Research Ferrosi shorts- 10" inseam, which might be too long for what you're looking for, but an excellent short for hiking/climbing- great construction and wonderful material.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

2 miles which left me weak and nauseous for 2 hours. Not great. I might give it another try or two, but if this keeps happening, I might see a doctor.

I have been feeling very tired, exhausted, weak and nauseous with a terrible constant headache for months now, but always attributed it to the stress in my personal life. Maybe there' something more behind it.

QOTD: No correlation, my mileage is  was mostly determined by the next race.

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

blarg - OC is Oil Creek - they have a 50k, 100k and 100 miler all at once.  I am in for the 100k.

queen - get him compression shorts 

muppy - what is a training plan? Just get in one LR between now and then - like maybe 20-25 miles and you'll be fine.

dc - good to hear about the foot.

warden - snow???? 

couch - hmmmm....don't underestimate stress.  It can seriously change a person's body...but still might be worth getting checked out.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

some call me Tim

Jamie: Ah, of course! I'd be there too if it hadn't sold out so quickly this year!