Trailer Trash

HUMP Day (Read 18 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a leisurely 5 last night.  Rain had stopped and temps were decent.

QOTD: How do you feel about dog walkers letting their dogs walk through and relieve themselves in your yard? (probably doesn't apply to those who are not in a residential neighborhood).  I know, I know, such a deep question.

I don't like it.  Not sure why.  Dogs need to go but for whatever reason it irritates me.  Not my biggest irritation but still gets me.  Then we have this family in the neighborhood who lets their son (maybe age 2 or 3) walk through people's yards and play with whatever is laying there.  But at least he is not peeing in our yard...I don't think.

Have a great humpday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Yesterday was a TURD, so run today at lunch in the Battlefield. Distance TBD by the amount of time I have.

Jamie saw this picture one of your neighbors posted on FB  

QOTD:  We have 10 acres, as long as I don't step in dog shit, I'm fine. Only have 1 neighbor who walks their dog, most have big yards.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

I ran, well um, dog jogged slogged about 5 miles with the Lady on the hilly rocky muddy slippery trails of Coventry Woods last night. It was sort of cool looking as we drove out there. These trails run up a big forested ridge that runs east/west and with the rain and clouds it was all covered in fog and mist from a distance. The top of the ridge had disappeared, but once out there it wasn't very foggy except in a few places. Weird. We had the place to ourselves surprisingly (not).

I will probably run at lunch today given the forecast for evening storms. Some how it's hot and humid again today. WTH, I will probably have to turn the AC back on shortly.

QOTD: Please get a puppy.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Well, one of these days I'll run again.  Today is not that day.

QOTD: Where else are the dogs supposed to poop?  If I walk my dog, I can't control where she poops.  As long as people are picking up the poop, I don't know what else to say.  Yes, Jamie, go get a puppy like XT said.  Haha.

Running is dumb.

dhuffman63

Trails

QOTD: We live in the country on 40 acres, fenced to only my dogs poop in my yard.  My dad's dog won't poop in their yard but they pick it up where ever she decides to go.  As long as it's picked up I haven't a problem.

I got 3 in at the indoor track at lunch yesterday and then 3.5 more on the TM at home.  My back is feeling a bit ouchie, residual from last year's deer/car incident.  I'd be happy if people would kill a few around here.  The cattle people kill the coyotes and there are no big predators to keep the deer population in check so the car's do it.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Got a short 5 last night after the rain, so not completely slacking.  There was a good amount of flooding in neighboring NJ and CT.  Still lingering t-storms tonight.  We'll see how many I can squeeze in.

AT - Hope you're feeling better today.

QOTD:  We have a dog and it's complete opposite ends of the spectrum.  In the city, he likes to pee on buildings, but I try to get him to go on the occasional tree.  He's metro-sexual, so he doesn't pee on fire hydrants.  I always pick up his shit.  OTOH, at the cabin, there's a neighbors dog that's in our yard all the time, so I know she shits there.  But ours shits in our yard and our neighbors.  We don't care.  But if we lived in a suburban area, I wouldn't want dogs doing their business in my yard, and of course, I'd respect others.  Funny how the viewpoints change depending where you are.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am in Los Gatos for a meeting so going to walk around town and get a coffee no desire to run on oavement but I bet there are some greatvtrails close by.

qotd:  surround your yard with a gate Jamie... than they can’t pee.  Maybe if you peed in your neighbors yards the dogs would be busy covering up your scent leaving no pee left for your yard.  Pee wouldn,t bother me but leaving a turd may, if i was doing yard work I just tell them to leave it cause hey I am a dog person.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

SRD.

QOTD: Neighbors are not really an issue for me. However, I think Jim Carrey handled it well in "Me, Myself, and Irene" as Hank.

LB2

runtraildc

4.5 leisurely miles this morning. It's sunny outside! Hooray. And humid and a front coming so we might have a tumultuous afternoon/evening. But the sun is out so I don't care.

qotd: As long as they clean up, I'm fine. I am happy to see dogs pee on our property as I hope it deters the deer, or at the very least, makes them move along to a better smelling yard. Now, the cats that are free ranging in our neighborhood, that is another matter. Makes my blood boil to see them in my yard, stalkiing the birds and using my garden as their personal litterbox.

Daydreamer1

Yesterday I was still so sore from my 5.4 mile jaunt on Sunday that I was having trouble walking right . Guess I should run more often.  I'd bet queen isn't as sore as I was.  Might get in a run later this evening depending on the weather and my motivation.

Several months ago I put up a new house for my bluebirds. Haven't seen them since which is odd. Was afraid I scared them away.  Well this morning a bunch of sparrows showed up and right on cue the Bluebirds were there to defend their place .  A lot of sparrows and only two Bluebirds meant I had to get the sniper rifle out .  Really was glad to see the Bluebirds back.

QOTD:   I don't mind when the neighbor dogs pee in the yard but I hate when they poop there. My dog never pooped in the yard unless the snow was too deep to get to the woods. He hated taking a crap in front of someone .  What I really hate though is when someone else's dog comes onto my property and acts really nasty towards me .

Sandy-2

An easy 3 mi this morning.  It was like a steam-bath, so f'ing humid. So looking forward to that cool, crisp air in the mountains. The weather is looking great by the way, 40s and 70's with perhaps some light rain.  BTW, can't believe that nobody mentioned the moon the last few nights.  I'll be nice running Friday night if it's clear.

Packing some 'real' clothes to wear this weekend (the running stuff is already packed), then flying out this evening.

qotd: We live right near a greenbelt trail so most dog walkers are headed over there and their dogs wait to shit in the woods I guess. But as long as they clean up afterwords I'm fine.  What I was going to say is pretty much the same thing as runtrail.  I saw one of the wondering neighborhood cats while driving home the other day and was tempted to run the damn thing over (but of course I never would).

Now, the cats that are free ranging in our neighborhood, that is another matter. Makes my blood boil to see them in my yard, stalkiing the birds and using my garden as their personal litterbox.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

An easy 3 mi this morning.  It was like a steam-bath, so f'ing humid. So looking forward to that cool, crisp air in the mountains. The weather is looking great by the way, 40s and 70's with perhaps some light rain.  BTW, can't believe that nobody mentioned the moon the last few nights.  I'll be nice running Friday night if it's clear.

Sun just peaked out a few minutes ago. We haven't had clear skies for a week.

Saw a baseball game last night where they kept showing the moon. I wish we could see it. Love running under moonlight without a  headlamp.

AT-runner

Tim

Anyone have an update from SIaR ?

Hope his knee isn't as bad as it sounded.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Anyone have an update from SIaR ?

Hope his knee isn't as bad as it sounded.

Yeah, he hasn't posted in the Beginners forum since we last heard from him here.  I sent him a PM.  Hopefully he's ok and we'll get an update.  Glad you asked.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Let me clarify.  I am a dog person.  Area does mean a lot (thanks Bert-o).  We live in a suburban residential area every it seems everyone has a dog or two.  I get that dogs need to pee and poop.  But why let your dog meander 15-20 feet into someone's yard to do so.  Take control of your dog.  I don't have a huge issue with this just a select few people.  BTW - we have a dog.  And yes she was a puppy once.

Now cats are a different story.  We have a colony of feral cats in our neighborhood (at least 10).  They are super annoying.  The township won't get involved.  We have at least three people that feed them.  I bought a trap and one of these days I will bait it and use it.  (don't worry - it's a catch and release trap).

My favorite day of the week is RUNday