Trailer Trash

Finally Friday! (Read 16 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Didn't run yesterday (friend backed out) which was fine with me, legs were fatigued.  Biking to work and strength train this evening.

qotd: weekend plans?  I'm going to Glacier NP Sunday to run/hike the Dawson- Pitamakan Loop on the east side of Glacier- looks like it's about a 18 mile loop.  It's one of the routes I was thinking would be good for a Trailer Trash get together.  The pictures I've seen from this route could fill a post card carousel 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Not happy to see Friday come. Too much stuff to do yet. A oil control valve went bad on our one vehicle and the shops couldn't get it in to work on it until next week and we need it to go to Michigan.  So I'm doing the work myself and it's not a fast task.  The misery index is already almost 160 and they are predicting a high of 94 with humidity of 60% or greater . If I have time and feel half way decent I'll run 4-5 miles.  The problem is my cold is in full swing so I feel very, very miserable.

QOTD:  This is my weekend to work.  If the vehicle project goes well I'll be able to get in some afternoon runs, in the middle of the heat and humidity.

DS is doing a 20 mile trail race. He's doing it with a friend and that guy's girlfriend and they are mostly planning in hiking it. He hasn't trained a bit for it.

This is the weekend for Eastern States and Call of the Wilds marathon.  Keystone is doing Eastern States. With the heat he might need some prayers.  I'm betting that less than 40% finish.

XtremeTaper

I ended up with 8 last night in the steambath. I ran from home, but the route was mostly dirt road or trails. A few paved road sections to hook things all up. I typically run this loop in 72-75 minutes (it's hilly) but last night was 81 minutes. I really wasn't concerned about the time given the humidity but it's an interesting observation none the less. Oh, still had some quad soreness from the 5k. Man, what a wuss I am... I need recovery from a 5k!

Today, I may or may not run an easy 5 at lunch. Well maybe not easy... slow 5 at lunch.

QOTD: No big plans. I was considering the half wit half and might still run that on Sunday but it would be pretty dumb considering the forecast. I've ran it before in weather like this and it's a complete sufferfest. Not sure what else.. just try to stay cool I suppose.

Dreamer - Yeah, lots of prayers for Keystone and other at ES. I know a few others running as well.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Resting in the AC today. After run and golf yesterday, I had too much heat and was really not feeling well last night.

Not sure what I'll run this weekend.  Might have to cut back and maybe do a run / walk thing to get time on my feet.  I'll leave the watch behind so I don't push it.

Be safe out there this weekend if you have weather like ours.

Good luck Keystone!

XT - good luck if you decide to run the Half Whit.

QOTD:  Music festival in Gettysburg this weekend. Were going to a local Brewery tonight to listen to 2 or 3 bands and then maybe another place tomorrow. Hang by the pool the rest of the time.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

qotd: weekend plans?  I'm going to Glacier NP Sunday to run/hike the Dawson- Pitamakan Loop on the east side of Glacier- looks like it's about a 18 mile loop.  It's one of the routes I was thinking would be good for a Trailer Trash get together.  The pictures I've seen from this route could fill a post card carousel 

That sounds about right. I took the boat ride across the lake which cuts off about 3 miles, then hiked up to Dawson Pass and back. I think the ranger and one of the other hikers said it would be about 15 to complete the loop, so add the other 3 miles and you have 18. There is about 2450 ft of gain up to Dawson Pass and some of it is moderately steep. When I was there 18 years ago my backpacking trip came over Pitamakan Pass from Cut Bank and down to Two Medicine. Great views (I'll post some pics later) but it was cold, wet, and windy when I reached the top of Dawson Pass.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

runtraildc

Ugh, it's another scorcher (not by SE or SW US standards, admittedly). Went biking instead of a run this morning and now plan to get some strength work in at the gym later.

qotd: Not sure. DS has XC tryouts early tomorrow and a summer project to complete. DH wants to go to the beach (Assateague Island) for kiting and I might want to can some peaches while they are in season.  In other words, not terribly exciting.  But we're also getting ready to head out for another trip, so I can live with it.

Gator eye

Dreamer- What part of MI?

21 this morning in a steem bath. On the good side it looks to be cooler next week for Marquette.

QOTD: time to taper, I'll be working on deer blinds and catching up on my honey do list.

dpc3

6 with the pup Pearl, I'm tired!

QOTD: Plan on getting in a 20+ run tomorrow, finishing painting the house, and then 40th bday for a friend. Sounds like this will be the sleep over house tonight so that is super exciting, NOT!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Probably 5.5 this morning but watch died..my battery life is about 3 days now...or less... time for a new one.  Thinking of getting the cheap Garmin 1o for $60.  has a battery life of 5 hours which covers most runs...may a long one won't work but I can get the numbers off someone else..  in a race I could just run it on for the last few hours of a run.  Or should I invest more and get a better one.  I don't use the Heart monitor, I don't upload into a computer so..

QOTD:  Um see my QOTD for last Friday.. we were going to hike last Saturday but didn't so it's tomorrow plans...hike to lake...Sunday I am going to long run with group...and then maybe drive to a bar in the boonies to see if the owner wants to buy a mermaid table.  He makes these bloody Mary's so he gets a crowd on the weekends.

NT:  Glacier...enjoy...start that trailer trash hook-up thread. Maybe Mandy can pin it to the top.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

That is good for you..I saw it's actually going to be perfect weather...I am definitely going to be there next year!!!

21 this morning in a steem bath. On the good side it looks to be cooler next week for Marquette.

LB2

I had to break my running streak this morning. I have never seen rain like this. We have a few bridges washed out. We have a bunch of people who have no flood insurance because they were not in a flood zone now flooded. This is horrific to say the least.

QOTD: Pray that we get a break and stay dry. We are good for now, and we should be okay.

LB2

Gator eye

I want one! A meal and a drink. Brilliant !

LB- stay safe

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I was like... What the hell is this guy talking about  ..... Oh oh the bloody mary!

I want one! A meal and a drink. Brilliant !

LB- stay safe

NHLA

8 miles yesterday and 6 miles today on Echo Mt. Rain every day and tropical air brought in by the storms.

qotd  lots of running and yardwork.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

First run back home and I opted to cut it short to 2.2 miles as the thunder was approaching.

QOTD: Catch up on my sleep. After getting home at 3:45 am this morning I haven't been able to get more than a couple half hour naps.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.