Trailer Trash

John M (Read 32 times)

runtraildc

For those not on facebook, this is what John M's wife posted earlier about John's passing last night. I never had the good fortune to meet him in person, but was always inspired by his stories and pictures. Rest in peace.

From Kathy to John's many Facebook friends who have been following him in these last months.

John died last night at home with his family around him. You have all been so kind and the trail tribute was precious, especially as he couldn't go out himself. I'm sure he's back to running now as, in my mind, Heaven is a joyous place. For those of you who have been praying, thank you for your prayers. We were certainly lifted up by them. Of course, I am sad, but feel blessed to have spent so many years with my best friend.

Go out and run today. I can think of no better tribute. Kathy Morelock

AT-runner

Tim

Very sad. 

Jess and I were thinking about him on our run today.

Go for a trail run, and stop and take in the views.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I was rather distraught about this on Friday, and I didn't look at facebook at all the rest of the weekend. He helped me so much when I got started in this. And, he was the first person to tell me congratulations on my first 100 mile finish, about 6 miles before the finish line. His words may be the only thing that kept me going.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

I would like to think there are trails in Heaven.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Very sad news. I never met John but his words, stories, and love for the trails and nature were inspirational and a joy to read. I hope and pray that John is running and resting in peace.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Gator eye

😥

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

RIP John.  RGOT

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

I met John M online at RWOL, I was known as Slowdown back then.  But then I met him in person while we were both spending time volunteering at the Damnation aid station at the Rocky Raccoon 100 mile in Huntsville, TX.  Evidently John knew some of the NTTR folks from the Dallas area who to this day still manage Damnation.

I remember John specifically walking up to me and taking the time to make sure he met and talked to me.  The conversation was really pleasant.  We had done some runs in common, knew some people in common.... but mostly......  we had running and enjoying trails in common.

RGOT John.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Very sad news.

I never met John, but I always enjoyed his posts, thoughts, ideas, stories, and knowledge. His words, and his idea of what trail running should be have often encouraged me to go for a run, and to keep going when I hit a rough patch.

I hope he is now running again out there somewhere.

Run for fun.

NorNev

Not a regular here but I used to read Johns stuff on RWOL and he even took the time to answer a newbies ultra questions. I saw John as gentle souil with good advise. Because of him, I was able to complete my first trail ultra.

I went and ran 8 trail miles today in remembrance of him.

RIP John