Trailer Trash

Thursdaily (Read 17 times)

LB2

I slept this morning. I may get out for a loop or two this evening, but I may weedeat my trails and do a short weight session. I have to run 3 to 4 hours in the wee hours of tomorrow.

XT: I see you got off the wait list. I hope that knee gets better. The last time I was at Pinhoti (2014), I had a back issue that had plagued me from mile 35 of a 50 mile run I ran in mid to late September. I managed to continue to run through it, and it was bothering me all the way up to the morning of Pinhoti. It was bad enough that the thought of a possible 2nd DNF on that course creeped into my mind. Oddly, it completely went away by the time we got to the start line, and I never even thought about it the whole race. I can't figure out how something that persisted so long just went away like it was never there, but I am glad it happened.

QOTD: Do you have any niggles going on right now?

Last week I had some sort of back thing happening that was a little bit scary, but it seems to have been one of those things that I needed to fix by running. I don't know what that was about, but it is totally not an issue right now.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Either a short run or hike with the Lady this evening. Tapping my fingers waiting for my appointment next Monday.

QOTD: Yes more than niggles I suppose. You don't get MRI's for niggles do you?

LB2 - Yeah, sort of dreaded seeing that wait list email so soon. Was hoping for another week or two when I had more information on my situation. I pulled the plug though, sort of a gamble I suppose but I am a stupid runner, and not quite ready to give up the dream/goal. Funny, back in 2015 the morning before Laurel Highlands I had this awful pain/limp in my leg. Stabbing pain. Freaked me out. The next morning I was fine and had a good race.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I ran my trails this morning, a good 4 miles. The humidity at 6:30

was already oppressive, but the bugs, rocks, and hills kept my

mind occupied. I took a pretty good spill in the rockiest section, two

banged up knees but it could have been worse. I'll take that as a

sign to pay better attention, not get complacent or cocky.

QOTD: Not quite a niggle, but I have a blister-prone spot on left

foot that's driving be nuts.

runtraildc

Morning trailers. Got in 4.5 miles with my running friend who just returned from Korea. It was 80 and quite humid, but cooler on the trails (paved). And there were a respectable number of runners out there, sneaking in a run before the heat kicks in.

I came home and the feet went in to a ice bath and I ate a dish of pickles (weird craving). Both seemed to really help cool me down.

qotd: Hmm, my feet. Might be the very beginnings of plantar fasciitis as best I can self-diagnose. Need to get back into a regular yoga practice.

muppy

6.3 miles on the rail trail, walked a lot to eat the raspberries growing along the trail.

QOTD I have about 3 things wrong in my right foot, but  other than that I'm doing pretty good !

NHLA

Sorry I have been missing. Running has been going well but real life has been tough. Mom has lost it mentally and now her cancer has come back.

Qotd  no problems but the humidity is tough right now.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

3.5 miles with Tiny Elvis before sunrise- saw two muley does with three spotted fawns- they weren't overly concerned with us being there. A few short sparrow chases for Tiny E.

qotd: knock on wood nothing save two blackened toenails from the Bob Open and they aren't bothering me

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Sorry I have been missing. Running has been going well but real life has been tough. Mom has lost it mentally and now her cancer has come back.

I am really sorry to hear that.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

sorry as well

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Working around the house with DS. Cleaned out a garage building since lit looks like DD#2 and her boyfriend are moving in with us. Time to set up that apartment we always thought about. No more empty nesters for us. Long story short, DD#2 is in a good place right now and performing regular with her boyfriend. Most of her gigs are local and we have a music room already set up, so she's home and DS will take her apartment in York. DW and I are adjusting to having them around, but it's good.

NHLA - so sorry to hear.  Good luck, and spend as much time with her as you can.

DC - Pickles, when's the baby due? 

QOTD:  No comment. I running next Tuesday regardless! That will be my 3 weeks. Longest break in almost 20 years ( I missed less tan 2 weeks after knee surgery). I've put on 5 pounds since my race. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran five with the mutts this morning... now sitting in the training for rest of day.

Qotd:  Thought we weren't suppose to say that word    Oh niggles!  Well that's a bad word too.. just the heel but it's 85% better with the change of shoes... and I am fat.  Is fat a niggle?

LB:  How was the interview?

NHLA:  Sorry to hear your Mom isn't doing well.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Not sure DD#2 would be happy with you sharing this.

Long story short, DD#2 is in a good place right now and performing regular with her boyfriend. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

LB:  How was the interview?

It was sort of a pre-interview interview. But I never could figure out how my name came up until today. There was a meeting about a month ago, and our campus was noted as a "Best Practice". No one told us that. One would think that if we were doing so well they would have contacted us and asked us what we were doing. Anyway, some of the other schools were listed as being deficient in this area, and either my chancellor mentioned me to the other one or the other one asked about me. So, they wanted to talk. They don't have their funding in place yet, so we'll see what happens. But I'll go if the money is the same or greater.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Run later.  It is quite humid here.  Not enjoying that.

NH - sorry, prayers sent.

QOTD: A little flaring in my right foot but trying to take of it.  Nothing serious...yet.  Otherwise I am good (knock on wood).

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

82 degrees with a humidity of 82% and I really need to work on my one car. No fun laying under something coated in sweat.

Might get in 4-5 miles. I intend to take it easy. Yesterday was 5 miles on a painful right leg and ankle. Started out walking then ran some. That's what I'll do today.

NHLA -Sorry to hear about your mother. We are starting to go through the same thing with mine except she doesn't have cancer.  For her it's cataracts that she won't get fixed.

Queen - Fat is not a niggle, it's a Jiggle. At lest that's what mine does.

QOTD: Mostly my ankles for some reason. I had been on Bactrim earlier this year and not quite sure if that did something to them or not, but the joints are stiff and quite painful when I start out. Sometimes they get better, sometimes not.  Soaking them every night in Epsom Salt helps.  Also having more pain from my right knee down then I like. Had a  spinal injury with a lot of nerve damage that left me with some neuropathy from the knee down and this almost seems like that is rearing it's ugly head again.