Trailer Trash

It’s the Thursdaily (Read 12 times)

muppy

I got in 10.3 miles yesterday on the rail trail. It got stinking hot out again, I would much rather have the days with a high of 60 then 88!

runtraildc

Got in close to 4 last night around the neighborhood knowing today would be limited in miles. Caught the 'back to school' virus that the kiddos had so not feeling that great today. Based on their experience, it is short lived so I have high hopes for tomorrow.

qotd: Ideal weather? Well, I agree with muppy and this is too hot (high 80s and really humid). I like shorts and sweatshirt weather-- 60s and low 70s.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 5 miles along Willamette River this morning. Cool and breezy here but no Portland rain in the forecast.

QOTD: I like cool to cold weather. 25-40* is ideal for me.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 4-ish miles in with Tiny E yesterday evening- very crisp fall evening- mid 40's.

plan is to strength train this evening

qotd: 40's and 50's are ideal for me, but would take 20's over 80's any day. I'm a heat wimp and not ashamed to say so 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I overslept a few minutes but still managed my 5 miles for the day. This is a light week after two or three weeks of relatively high mileage. Extra long runs jacked it up a bit.

QOTD: I prefer cold temps. I'm fine with 25 degrees. I'm hoping and praying we get some cold weather in for my race in November. It would be nice to just be able to run comfortably all day and through the night. It is normally good weather in north Alabama the first weekend of November.

LB2

Sandy-2

10 mi this morning.  Back to perfect running weather...  79 deg at 4:35am.  Gotta love it.

qotd: I'm guessing that you all know that my comments above are totally sarcastic.  Although I'm trying to do a Jedi mind trick so that the tropical stuff doesn't bug me so much (it's not working by the way).  My preferred weather is 30s and 40s or even colder if there is little to no wind.

My fingers are crossed for an Arkansas cool front in 2 weeks.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's fall here.  Rained yesterday and cool today with yet trees; I was in a swimsuit on Tuesday at the ocean.  .  Only ran 4.4...need to work on getting a of bed.

QOTD:  60 when I wake up and later low 80s.  But everyday can't be perfect...love a rainy day too...not for running but for kicking back.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Will...run...later.

QOTD: Ideal? 53.4 degrees F.  I don't know.  I do like cold weather running but I will take mild with no humidity.  I do like November races (in this part of the country) because they tend to start with cooler temps, warm slightly through the day.  My only issue with colder weather is I am having to blow snot rockets and a longer race means a whole of rockets flying - which turns into chapped and sore nose.  Sorry tmi but it's true.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

Mtwarden, I’m a heat wimp also, I hate the heat with a fiery passion!

QOTD  35 to 40° no wind would be perfect,  that’s shorts and a longsleeved shirt weather.

Daydreamer1

Did a little elk hunting. Was successful. Headed down a trail where I thought some might be at. DW said they had moved on. Ended up real close to a nice bull and fairly close to a angry one. (I think he wanted some affection from the ladies and wasn't getting anything ).

QOTD: Anything warmer then what it is where I am at the moment.  Seriously, about 55 to 70 with low humidity.  As low as 45 is ok except my hands tend to freeze when it's that low.

Tourons .  This guy was not happy and I missed the shot of him actually hitting one guy with his antlers .  I was on zoom here.

Why a train picture? Because it was rolling in and I was there and everybody loves trains .  Pulling ~150 cars of crude oil.

DW said she wanted to find a new man, one with a big rack , and this one was out looking for girls, while.....................

This one was just chillin.

We found two small spikes in a meadow, then the first one strolled onto the scene bugling. When we turned around we saw this other guy bedded down behind us. The first one was rather agitated while this one was calm and cool. We were between them and I was hoping that the first one was coming to pick a fight. We'd have had ringside seats.  We were about 30 yards from the bedded down one and 70 yards from the first. All this happened while hiking so there weren't many tourons around to spoil things.  DW got a little nervous but all we had to do was kind of meander back the way we came to put ourselves in a good position to not interfere. In the end the first guy strolled over the RR tracks and went his merry way.

Daydreamer1

Did a little elk hunting. Was successful. Headed down a trail where I thought some might be at. DW said they had moved on. Ended up real close to a nice bull and fairly close to a angry one. (I think he wanted some affection from the ladies and wasn't getting anything ).

QOTD: Anything warmer then what it is where I am at the moment.  Seriously, about 55 to 70 with low humidity.  As low as 45 is ok except my hands tend to freeze when it's that low.

Tourons .  This guy was not happy and I missed the shot of him actually hitting one guy with his antlers .  I was on zoom here.

Why a train picture? Because it was rolling in and I was there and everybody loves trains .  Pulling ~150 cars of crude oil.

DW said she wanted to find a new man, one with a big rack , and this one was out looking for girls, while.....................

This one was just chillin.

We found two small spikes in a meadow, then the first one strolled onto the scene bugling. When we turned around we saw this other guy bedded down behind us. The first one was rather agitated while this one was calm and cool. We were between them and I was hoping that the first one was coming to pick a fight. We'd have had ringside seats.  We were about 30 yards from the bedded down one and 70 yards from the first. All this happened while hiking so there weren't many tourons around to spoil things.  DW got a little nervous but all we had to do was kind of meander back the way we came to put ourselves in a good position to not interfere. In the end the first guy strolled over the RR tracks and went his merry way.