Trailer Trash

I went back to Ohio… to run 100 miles (Mohican 100 Race Report) (Read 28 times)

moonlightrunner

Congratulations! I really enjoyed your report. Glad you could keep it together with the falls. It sounds like they did not affect you too bad physically or mentally. It sounds like a beautiful course...but that is a lot of loops.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

XtremeTaper

Thanks moonlight... funny about the falls in a way. People kept asking me if I was Ok (I guess I do the same when I see someone fall) and I would mutter back "Yes, I am sort of used to it". Dang roots. Oh, and only 4 loops. I really did not mind it as they were all just slightly different.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Keep Going

Awesome recap Dave and big congrats on the finish!

Connie Gardner is kind of a super badass as you know and that's so funny you passed her. I love the "crotch rot blues"  that made me laugh. And I could not agree with you more on the "taking a nap during a 100 mile race thing." I saw folks lying along the trail in the leaves during the night at Oil Creek and folks on cots at MMT by the fire. The idea of shutting down the engine to sleep in the middle of a 100 miler does not compute with me. A 200 miler yes but not 100.

What I really enjoyed about your writeup is that you can sense the slow descending exhaustion set in the further you read. In the beginning you are running and passing and cruising but by the end you are mentally toast and physically spent! I love it. You captured the 100 mile feel. There is just something about running 100 milers that is just so damn fun!

100 milers are my favorite

XtremeTaper

Thanks and glad you enjoyed the report. Hope ES100 training is going well and that you get decent, normal summer weather no what we have right now.

There is just something about running 100 milers that is just so damn fun!

Sicko!! The best part really was finding that gear up on Hickory Ridge around mile 90. Damn I ran well there for a few miles, for being so late in the race. The mind was weak though and could not keep it going. Still, I did about what I expected and was aiming for.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Keep Going

Hope ES100 training is going well and that you get decent, normal summer weather no what we have right now.

Sicko!!

It's going pretty well I think..I think. I personally do not do well in this type of humidity. I sweat so much it's gross. But I'll be ready as I can be come August. Not going to lie, I'm a little frightened but excited at the same time. I have no pacer or crew so I'll be running "screwed." Not ideal but time to put the big boy pants on I suppose. There are a ton of bear up in that part of the state which freaks me out a bit and I'll be like a lure trolling for bear through the woods all sweaty, stinky, sticky from tailwind carrying food and such! hahahaha..

Oh come now, you love the distance also you just don't want to admit it!

What's next for you?

Daydreamer1

I have no pacer or crew so I'll be running "screwed." Not ideal but time to put the big boy pants on I suppose. There are a ton of bear up in that part of the state which freaks me out a bit and I'll be like a lure trolling for bear through the woods all sweaty, stinky, sticky from tailwind carrying food and such! hahahaha..

If I didn't have to work I'd come up and at least crew for you, not that I really  know what I'm doing in that department. Too late for me to take off now though.  I wouldn't be too afraid of the bears. They're pretty shy. If one comes after you just offer them some of your Charmin .

See you at the Montour 12 hour.

Keep Going

If I didn't have to work I'd come up and at least crew for you, not that I really  know what I'm doing in that department. Too late for me to take off now though.  I wouldn't be too afraid of the bears. They're pretty shy. If one comes after you just offer them some of your Charmin .

See you at the Montour 12 hour.

Hahaha true that!!

Awesome Dreamer you are doing M24! I will see you there and it would be fun to share some miles!