Trailer Trash

two timing it Tuesday (Read 20 times)

runtraildc

Happy Tuesday, trailers! Just returned from 6 miles, which included a track workout. My Tuesday running partner was skipping his tuesday night track workout in anticipation of bad weather, so convinced me to do it this morning. It sounded like a terrible workout (miles and 800s), but it actually was kind of fun. The two timing part is that I have a double planned today, so I'll go out for another 3 or 4 tonight before our long drive tomorrow and low likelihood of running. I like the idea of doubles, but rarely do them, so we'll see how this goes.

qotd: What is your favorite part of spring? Mine is the magnolias blooming, which will start when it warms up to normal beginning tomorrow.  The buds are a bit damaged due to some very cold nights recently, but should be a decent showing. Food-wise, it's corn. Got some Florida sweet corn at the store the other day and it was delicious.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got 5.5 miles in yesterday evening- a real mixed bag of trail conditions- soft snow/slush, extremely hard packed snow, glare ice (quite a bit of this), mud and even a couple stretches of dry trail (albeit not a lot). I’ve been on microspikes since mid November and it appears I’ll be on them for awhile longer

strength training this evening

still baching it- hot dogs on the menu tonight 

qotd: warmer temps, receding snow- it’s been a long winter even by Montana standards

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Bert-o

I lost my rama

runtraildc - Definitely try to get a few miles in later today, but make them super easy.  I've been incorporating doubles quite a bit lately.  The only downfall is the extra laundry (haha).  Wow, I'm surprised you get fresh corn that early!  Love that stuff.

warden - Happy baching!  I'll be joining you this weekend as DW is heading out of town for a few days.

8 hilly on tap for tonight.  While most of the snow has melted, the trails are waterlogged and full of mud pudding.

QOTD:  More sunlight for the morning and evening runs.  Warmer weather... the freedom of not having to cover 90% of your body in clothes to run.  Just watching the barren trees and fields start to bloom with colors.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

moonlightrunner

I am heading out to Ft. Custer after work. Kind of hoping for a rainy run. snow possible tomorrow, but I don't expect it to be much.

Warden: that snow has got to be getting old! Wishing you a warm spring to melt it all away soon.

Qotd: The Peepers! I love when the Spring Peepers fill the night with their love serenades! There are places in my run where it sounds like many hundreds of frogs are declaring their undying love all at once. It is nearly deafening. Soon! We just need a little warm weather.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I was binge watching Shameless last night and stayed up WAY PAST my bedtime.  So no run this morning but hoping to get in a run after work before the old man returns.  Still need to get back to my gym at lunch habit.

QOTD:  Watching bus appear on trees and bushes and then popping open.  Going from drab grey to bright green.  Not there yet just starting.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Did 3 quick miles this morning.  I have to leave a little early for work because they are doing roadwork. They need to fix a bridge weakened due to the hurricane.

qotd: I like that the days get longer.

tbd.