Trailer Trash

Hello Thursday... (Read 29 times)

LB2

6 fast miles this morning.

QOTD: Is there anything in particular that annoys you at races?

Costume runners bother me at times. Actually, they bother me all the time. They don't ruin my day; I just ticks me off when I am struggling and see someone running in a freakin' costume.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Hello, hello, hello, back from work and waiting for the second breakfast to settle before heading out for a few miles in glorious weather.

LB2: jealous of your miles, at least for now.

QOTD: Nothing in particular at every race, but I can be "moody" and get annoyed at really silly nothings, e.g. the trail markers (surveying tape) brushing against my face every 1/10 of a mile. Or mileposts throughout the course. 

But most of the time, I'm easy going.

Good luck to the racers this weekend! Looks like some great weather, at least in PA.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Got out early for a 5-ish mile run, no moon and slightly overcast made for a pitch dark affair; used two headlamps which lit up things nicely    57 degrees this morning, but we're supposed to top out at 97 this afternoon 

qotd: sometimes I scratch my head at routes selected.  I like courses to flow naturally, I'll often run a course thinking they could have gone here vs there, but I'm not the RD so there you go 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gator eye

8 slow taper miles. Heading for Marquette right after work for 100k.

QOTD Runners who make lots of noise while running. My last 50 mile race I noticed someone running next to me slightly behind had a jingle every time the their foot hit the ground. After a couple miles of this it really started to get to me. So I speed up and he speeds up. I thought oh great this guy is pacing off me, so I slow down and he slows down. By now I'm getting angry and start shooting this guy, who is still slightly behind me, dirty looks. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and I just stopped running and let the group I was running with go. After they got a couple hundred yards ahead of me I started running again only to hear that dang jangle again. I looked down only to realize I was the jackass with the jangle. Lol. I forgot to put cotton in my S-cap carrier.

LB2

QOTD Runners who make lots of noise while running. My last 50 mile race I noticed someone running next to me slightly behind had a jingle every time the their foot hit the ground. After a couple miles of this it really started to get to me. So I speed up and he speeds up. I thought oh great this guy is pacing off me, so I slow down and he slows down. By now I'm getting angry and start shooting this guy, who is still slightly behind me, dirty looks. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and I just stopped running and let the group I was running with go. After they got a couple hundred yards ahead of me I started running again only to hear that dang jangle again. I looked down only to realize I was the jackass with the jangle. Lol. I forgot to put cotton in my S-cap carrier.

Hahaha. That is good Gator.

Sometimes, like couch, I can get annoyed at really trivial things depending on where I am mentally. I have gotten annoyed at people saying "Nice work" or "good job". I am more likely to be bothered by "nice work" than anything else anyone says. What would make me very happy is to be running in a group of people I don't know and have someone I do know say "nice work", and I just start spewing profanities at them so we could both watch the expressions on the other people's faces. So, you folks keep that in mind if we are ever running a loop course together. I think that would freak some people out.

LB2

muppy

6.3 miles last night.

AT,  I forgot to answer your question from the other day. I go to the Lebanon Valley rail trail in Mount Gretna. Within a few miles I can run on the horseshoe Trail, take side trails off  that through the state game lands, and over to the governor dick park. I guess probably about 40 or 50 miles of trails in that little section.

Good luck Gator eye and anyone else racing this weekend!

QOTD What really bothers me are people wearing headphones.  I can see in the long races perhaps after a few hours, but why in short races?

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I meant to run this morning but apparently sleep was more important.  I intend to run tonight instead - distance and route tbd.

Gator - that's a funny story.

QOTD: I guess similar to couch, various things could annoy me.  I do remember one time that another runner had a watch that was would talk to him.  I think it was telling him the distance and pace every so often.  He was running behind me for a while (similar to Gator's story) and I was very annoyed by it.  I cannot remember what I did but I just know I couldn't take that for too long.  Although thinking about my run last weekend, I guess I got annoyed by the extended gravel roads - mostly because I wasn't expecting them.   That was my fault for not paying enough attention to the route description.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Watoni

It is an "off" day from my rehab "running," so maybe a quick ride before me and rescue pup head off to visit mom (the rest of the family is in Argentina still, skiing).

QOTD: Not much at trail races, I must say. It is not like cycling where some asshat jumps on your wheel and drafts you as if you are their water carrier or tries to catch up after you pass them like they were standing still Smile

NHLA

9 miles Got up at 4 and watched meteor shower till the clouds came in. Saw about 20 in an hour.

QOTD  Whatever the idiots at the firecraker race in Brevard do. They made the course short.  They sent everybody the wrong direction. They lost the times.  Every year they screw up something.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon folks,

Gator: Good one and good luck with the 100K.

I had to be at work early today so I got up early and got a few miles

in. I did a little road then hit the trail then road then trail, using my NB 1400's.

It was the first time I used them on any real trail terrain, so fun to run in, like

wearing slippers in the woods.

QOTD: I was annoyed during a half in CA when the woman in front of me turned

on her radio, for all to enjoy. I wouldn't have minded but it was crappy pop music

and it just pissed me off. I did push ahead and finished a little sooner though.

In non-races I'm not a big fan of 'stranger racing' , you all know what I'm talking

about.

AT-runner

Tim

Was feeling a bit better this morning so went out for 8 miles and explored a bit on some seldom used trails.  Slow for a bit as trail was growing over,but this trail will have a Mt. Bike race in a month, so that will push the brush back.

Gator - good luck, and good story.

Good luck this weekend to all racers and pacers.

QOTD:  Only thing that really burns me is when people have messed with course markings. I've been on two sides of this, as a volunteer (the one who originally marked the course) and a racer.  Just don't know why removing marking seems like a good idea to some idiots.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I think I ran 4.5 miles this morning with the mutts...for some reason I looked at my watch at the first half mile point and it already read 1.5 miles...and I was clocking 7.17 min miles. 

I saw a motorcycle glove in the middle of the road with the palm side up and a small pile of seed full shit.  So I think animals do have a sense of humor.

QOTD:  People who take themselves too serious.  Uh come on folks we are in the middle of the pack!   Also when I run the community runs around here little kids and walkers that line up front especially when the trail is narrow.

LB2:  You take it too serious!!

Gator eye:  I am jealous, so wanted to run it this year but family is having a reunion the same day.  Have fun.   Don't know if you were around when scraptser was on RW but she is going too.  Your QOTD...

Jonferg:  Hey was thinking about you this morning and was going to say Hey on FB but since you showed up.  Hey... hope things are doing good.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jonferg67

Endless trails

Jonferg:  Hey was thinking about you this morning and was going to say Hey on FB but since you showed up.  Hey... hope things are doing good.

Hey right back at ya, Sue. Things are a little better, still have a few heavy issues to deal with from my childhood but

I know what I have to do. Among other things I've realized that my DW and I have moved 12 times in the past 22 years,

I think that has taken a toll on me. Thanks for checking in.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Hey right back at ya, Sue. Things are a little better, still have a few heavy issues to deal with from my childhood but

I know what I have to do. Among other things I've realized that my DW and I have moved 12 times in the past 22 years,

I think that has taken a toll on me. Thanks for checking in.

Uh...yea! Just going through the moving time once last summer was enough to drive me crazy and we only moved a few miles away and the next school district over.  

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

5 miles this morning along a cinder bike trail behind one of the geyser basins.   My legs and my lungs couldn't take much more.  Beautiful run- bison and an eagle.

qotd:  watches that are set to announce each .10 mile.