Trailer Trash

nearly Thanksgiving Thursday (Read 14 times)

runtraildc

Morning folks.  Ran 5 miles last night in the dark while one of the kiddos was swimming. Perfect running weather-- low 50'sand calm.  There's also something about running in the dark that I really like and makes the miles fly by. I know the hills are there, but they seem less obvious and less work.  And there are less distractions, but at the same time, I need to stay more focused on what little I can see and making sure (hoping) I don't fall.

qotd:  With turkey day coming up, what is your favorite food that is usually served? For me, I can take or leave most of it, but what I really want is pie. Pumpkin pie is good. So is just about any other kind.  Thinking of including a peach pie this with peaches frozen from this summer.  But I also have a stash of blueberries, too. And then, of course, there's always apple....

LB2

I will run after work, probably 5 miles. This week has taken a toll on me, just exhausted from late nights and early mornings. I slept for a good 8 hours last night. I was going to take a rest day, but I have a window of opportunity after work to get a run in around the house.

QOTD: I think my favorite thing is pie, too.

LB2

Sandy-2

Gloomy run this morning.  It was cool and very damp and foggy.  The sky was clear above and the waning moon was bright and I could see a moon shadow, but all over there was this gloomy fog at ground level. Made for a very humid 5 miles this morning in the dark.  It was also weird because the people in cars were acting strange as well, no close calls but 3 times people made last minute sharp turns right in front of me.  WTF?  Be careful out there folks.

qotd: Wait, there's a whole week to go, it's way too early to be thinking about Turkey dinner - it will feel like it's never gonna get here !!!    Anyway, for me it's all about mashed potatoes with turkey gravy (but I will admit that apple pie with vanilla ice cream takes a close second).

tbd.

muppy

5.2 miles on the new cross country course at Hersheypark.

QOTD My favorite is a baked creamed corn that my dad makes that has an almost vanilla flavor.

AT-runner

Tim

Still pretty cool up in PA this morning for an early run around Caledonia SP.  2 miles were on the AT and I met a couple that was thru hiking with 3 big dogs. The dogs were carrying their own food and all had packs. They were heading south to Harpers Ferry and then will return next year and do the second half as a Flip-Flop hike from GA to Harpers.

QOTD:  I like the leftovers especially a turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce on white bread.  I't the only time I eat white bread.  Other that that, pecan pie (as in pee-khan, not pee-can) with whipped cream.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

No running today. Spending the day at work on a somewhat oddball shift. Had to get up too early to run but will get home too late to run as well. Had a really good workout at the gym last night. Now if I can just get there twice a week I should see some really nice gains.

QOTD: Cold leftover turkey sandwiches slathered with Mayo. I'd do a whole turkey and let it sit for a couple of days just so I could have the leftovers.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I didn't run this morning but did walk the dogs.  Just didn't feel like running.  No sleep until am makes me not want to get out of bed.  Plus whenever I get out of a routine for say vacation it's hard to get back at it.  Have stuff to run at lunch. 

QOTD:  Stuffing!!!

AT:  Nice picture

MTWarden:  PNW is in mind but AZ really isn't out.  We shall take a minimum of 6 months traveling around the west coast to decide.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

plan was to run 5-ish after work, but have to work late so likely no run- not a lot of guilt as I racked up some good miles and vert elk hunting early in the week (with plans of more this weekend).

Sue- look at New Mexico too if you're considering AZ, in AZ I really liked the area around Flagstaff- mountains with desert nearby, pretty neat town too

qotd: I love Thanksgiving    hard to pick just one, but we do a hot sandwich in the evening (usually eating midday) with turkey, dressing, gravy and cranberries that always tastes good 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Sue- look at New Mexico too if you're considering AZ, in AZ I really liked the area around Flagstaff- mountains with desert nearby, pretty neat town too

I'd look around Grant County NM, too. They have some very remote trails that you wouldn't have to share with too many people with some unbelievable scenery. They also have lots of jeep roads through the mountains in that area, too. They seem to get limited traffic from what I could tell. I was on foot the majority of the time. Great place to visit, but I could live there: turkeys, trails, elk, mule deer, etc.

LB2