Trailer Trash

Winter is Coming Wednesdaily (Read 22 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Nice here today with dropping temperatures as "Polar Vortex" moves in.  Going to be a cold run tomorrow.  Brought stuff to run at lunch. We'll see.  Motivation is lacking as I deal with all the end of year crap at the office.

Finished decorating our Ballroom yesterday.

And the Front yard.

Well not exactly, but was nice trip to Longwood Gardens, where they better than we do.

QOTD: Pass

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice pics 

we've been in the grips of this Arctic blast going on two weeks now, -5 this morning with a high forecast of 10- it only gets worse as the week progresses 

5.5 miles on the treadmill yesterday evening, probably the same this evening- not sure when I'll be able to run outdoors again, if the weatherman is right maybe Monday or Tuesday

qotd: Christmas plans?  We'll be spending it here just the DW and I; the following week we'll visit the DD and family.  DW bought some steaks and lobsters for Christmas 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD:  We host DW's family every year. Her mom helps, but the rest let DW and I do all the work.  Drives DW crazy, but I just expect it, so we deal with it. We'll only have 1 kiddo home for Christmas, and that will be a first for us.

Sandy-2

Yeah we're having an arctic blast winter today, I think it is in the upper 60s.  Sorry.

Going to leave the office a little early to get a run in before my evening phone call with Asia.  Trading some of the office time with evening work hours.  I guess I'll do about 5 miles.

Got a promotion at work yesterday, up one rung on the ladder.  I get to head a different department, but one that is related to what I'm doing now so it it's not entirely uncharted territory. Some more personnel headaches though.

AT: I can't see any photos, but I'm sure they are nice.

qotd: We'll have our DD and her BF over and have a big dinner for Christmas.  Our DS will be with his GF's family in Arizona this year. We were all together in Korea last year so I guess we have to take turns.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Congrats!  Promotions rarely come without additional headaches 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

5 sort of slow chilly and windy miles on the road today at lunchtime. Sort of disappointed how awful my running still feels. I guess 2 weeks off was not enough, or perhaps I am just learning to fly again.

QOTD: Staying at home, inviting my running partner over for a run and dinner. Probably do a rib roast again. Sort of after Christmas go see my sister, BIL, niece down south and hopefully enjoy some milder weather.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Hi all,

Ended up with 5 speedy miles yesterday with my chatty friend. I caught my breath about the turnaround so I could eventually contribute to the conversation. I needed to run with someone as I was pretty motivationally challenged to go out on my own. That's the way it is some days.

AT: I can't see any photos, but I'm sure they are nice.

+1.

qotd: Heading to the midwest to visit family. The guilt tripping has already started. They (extended family, parents, in-laws) don't mean to, but it's still tiresome all the same. It doesn't help that one side asks for everything and the other side asks for nothing, but yet elevates passive-aggression to a professional level. I really wanted to stay home this year, but my own guilt at aging parents and the long view (it's only a few days) won.

Daydreamer1

Gym night this evening. Probably spend about 2 hours there. The focus is on lifting pretty heavy and just put in about 15 minutes on the rower.  I may change that up and hit the treadmill tonight for my cardio portion.  I'm getting close to my 1500 mile goal and really wanted to knock it out this week.

AT -  Your pics are being shy today. They're hiding on me.

Sandy - Congrats on the promotion.

Runtrail - I understand the family issues. Been there done that, just in a slightly different way.

QOTD:  For Christmas day it will be just me and DS so we will spend the day playing with the loot. For me that means setting up my Polar HR monitor and Davis instruments weather station that the mice tell me I'm getting .  DS will work at setting up a new Blueray player that DW is getting.  DW and DD both have to work on Christmas. For DW it's 8 hours for DD it will be 12 hours.  I may stop by my parents in the evening. As a extended family we don't do anything together over the holidays because my Mom is afraid of upsetting my older brother .

At this time we are planning on having Christmas dinner on Christmas eve and opening our gifts then.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

DD and I'm also closing in on 1500, this weather is threatening my completion. I think I'm about 60 miles shy which should be doable (I hope!)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Fixed Photo Links.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 4 this morning, it was nice except when I got pissed at Earl because he refused to budge due to a yummy smell he was on.  Man that dog can be a prick sometimes!  It rained during the night but I had a rain free run.

QOTD:  The husband is heading to SoCal Friday and I will fly there next Thursday.  We are having Christmas at his brothers (JP) house...with his 2 boys and another brother's 2 boys, that brother is a cop and working, the oldest brother doesn't talk to the family, the husband isn't talking to his sister's daughter or husband, the sister's husband and daughter aren't talking to husband father, and the other brother has schizophrenia and has been missing since 1995 so ummm this should be fun.    On the up side JP is making awesome pizza's on his Weber Egg.

AT:  Strange I can't see your pictures.  Maybe work blocked them.   there was no nudity right?   Hmm no one can se them.  I think MT Warden was lying!

Sandy:  Nice Job!  Hopefully mo money!

runtraildc:  Sounds a bit like my trip...trying to figure out how to see the sister without the husband and daughter with my husband and than later me trying to see my niece. 

DD:  Dude...don't burn yourself out at the gym.  2 hours!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

AT:  Holy shit!  That is quite the ballroom!!!  Your house must be huge.  Hope Jess has a house keeper. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

AT:  Holy shit!  That is quite the ballroom!!!  Your house must be huge.  Hope Jess has a house keeper. 

Haha, wish it was ours. That was Mr. Pierre du Pont's music room.  His estate is now Longwood Gardens. Pretty amazing to think people actually lived like he did. He made a lot of money inventing smokeless gun powder. Makes me think I wasted my chemistry degree.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

TM run last night.  I need to hit the streets though and get in some more mileage.  Our 2016 team crushed our opponent last week but need one more week.  Stupid competition, I should be cruising in to the new year.  

AT: Sweet ballroom.  At first I thought you have been holding out on us all these years, but then...

QOTD: Will start out at our house, watch the kids open presents and then head west an hour to BIL for some great food.  It's fun but personally I don't like the time it takes to drive out and back.  It always makes the day feel like 2 or 3 different days rolled into one.

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

some call me Tim

Hey y'all, hangdog here. No running today or really anything since early Nov and gosh I think I've been sick for over a month now. All stresses combined to really take my feet out it seems, so I'm just trying to take care of the simple stuff and bide my time. Doesn't help that we've had plenty of snow off the lake already and it's currently in the low 20s. That's a little cold for this area in December.

Nice pics, AT! I love that kind of stuff, and I'm really feeling the season this year.. first time in years and a welcome change.

And congrats, Sandy!

qotd: Christmas morning at home with the kids and we'll eventually make our way over to my folks, do gifts and hang out till the rest of the fam comes for the evening meal. It's been better since they started doing it and the kids got a little older, but much like Jamie said, to all of us it becomes a really long day at the end of which the kids are just fried.