Trailer Trash

Long Run FRIDAY (Read 17 times)

XtremeTaper

You can go the distance, if you don't burn out too fast! A RUSH lyric for you.

Good luck this weekend LB (and any other racers). Wish I was towing the line with you this weekend but it may be sometime (if ever) before I can do that distance again.

I think I will take a day off from running today. Sort of a creaky 5 miles last night at the lake but the weather was great and I took some photos of the Lady and some of the colors of fall. Pictures coming...

QOTD: Are you ready for the dark months? Do you adjust your running/workout schedule in any way?

Not a big fan of the dark month. Bring on the winter solstice so we turn the corner on longer days. Thankfully I have some flexibility and can do some noontime running but tend to do more road running in the dark months. Wish the trails did not have a sunrise/sunset policy but at times I will sneak out after work and break the rules or do a short midday run at a nearby local trail.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Elliptical the last two nights. Had good workouts. Not sure what today will bring. If I go hunting then no run. If not then I'll try to get in a few miles, maybe 5-6.

Good luck to the racers.

XT - Don't get too discouraged, sometimes it just takes time for the body to heal.  You sound like me, wanting to go full bore right after a injury/illness.  P.S. The Lady is looking mighty fine.

QOTD:  I hate the dark months. The next three months will be miserable for me. Part of it is because I'm just not a morning person so by the time I'm getting into full gear it's getting dark.  I do like running in the dark under a full moon with snow on the ground though.

runtraildc

Just got back from 6 easy miles. Yesterday's yoga class focused on the hips and hamstrings, and I usually feel those classes for a few days. Just using the muscles in a much different way. It's a beautiful, but warm, day here in MD-DC.

XT-- Nice pics. But lady looks lonely. There's a good sized field ESS at a shelter near you (Brandywine Valley SPCA-- look up Gerard) that would make for another lovely running companion. I hear you can never have too many dogs.

LB- Good luck!

qotd: I dread Monday and darkness at 5 pm. fortunately, I can run during the day, but I miss running on my favorite trails during swim practice. I always feel happier by solstice, knowing that corner has turned.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Long run for tomorrow, haven't decided yet where to go, but probably near PA-MD line on At and side trails.

LB - Go get that buckle!

XT - can't believe how may more leaves you have. We're almost all down here. yet a few tees still green. Weird autumn.

Any other racers / pacers / volunteers this weekend?

Anyone know how to field dress a grouse? (a NH baiting question )

QOTD:  Don't like the early evening darkness.  I don't run too early in the morning, so I like it how it is now.  I read an interesting article about how the continental US should switch from 4 to to 2 time zones and never change for daylight saving.  Made some good points as far as business / entertainment / shipping are concerned.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

DD - I am happy with 3-5 miles these days, and a weekly long run less then my old weeknight/evening run. At least for now. Last time I went through this I was back to normal 6-8 weeks, ran an ultra in 18 weeks. I am 12 weeks now. I see no ultras in my immediate future. Maybe next year.

RunTrail - We still have SirB the springer spaniel, but he is well past the age of running. He gets a mile walk twice a day though. I have a 2 dog limit for now.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

RunTrail - We still have SirB the springer spaniel, but he is well past the age of running. He gets a mile walk twice a day though. I have a 2 dog limit for now.

I think Kelly (Lace-up) is up to 4 GSP's now.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nothing like a run date to get you out of bed on a dark rainy morning.  Two other folks showed up and my mutts of course.  Earl took off on a scent and if I am not prepared i have to sprint with him until I can cobtrol him.

Qotd:  I lije the dark month.  It's a time to say slow down, have a fire, go to bed early.  Like this weekend is going to be rainy so no yard work YEA!! Movie, game night, easy.

XT: Lady B is beautiful...

At: Think Kelly has 3 pointer sisters and he just took on a boy pointer.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A short run later.  I have a 50k on Saturday in western MD - although it's actually like 33 miles so bonus miles!!

Next week our family goes into basketball mode. All three are playing and I am coaching two.  I only have schedules for two and there are already conflicts.  I cannot wait to see what it will look like when we get the third schedule. 

XT - love the dog pictures.  I want so bad to get a medium size dog to run with.  We have an ankle biter and while she is cute, I cannot take her trail running.

Good Luck LB2 - go get em!

QOTD: While I do not like it getting dark early, it doesn't disrupt my running since most is in the dark anyways.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Jamie see Tiny E above.......

XT - love the dog pictures.  I want so bad to get a medium size dog to run with.  We have an ankle biter and while she is cute, I cannot take her trail running.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Jamie see Tiny E above.......

Tiny E must be special.  My dog would never survive out there.  

Although how does Tiny E not get lost in the snow?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday