Trailer Trash

The weekender..... (Read 19 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Getting ready to head out fir a group run... They are doing 20 which I should do but I am taking both dogs so I'll do 16.  I think that is the max for Jack.

QOTD:  what keeps you here? Or what keeps you coming back?  For me I like you guys.  Plus I like checking in about running...I think it motivates me to run.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

SRD. That's the nice thing about 24 hour shifts, it provides a built in rest day or two a week.  Legs actually would like to run though so that's the bad thing because there is no way I can now. Probably with do some laps around the parking lot and also some walking lunges.

QOTD: I like fitness and exercise. Other than DS no one else in my life really does, so this gives me a chance to hang out with people who have some of the same interests that I do.  I also do some reading on Slowtwitch and some weightlifting forums but most of the people on those other places come across as azzhats so I don't post much.  You all here are just too nice for me to resist hanging out with .

Sandy-2

Been AOWL a few days, Th and Fr I did 5, 5 and then 13 this morning. Ran with 'the girls' this morning, 3 girls and me, simply a nice run, nice weather, nice friends.

qotd: You mean to tell me we can leave?  What?  Actually, I like the gang here too.

tbd.

Gator eye

I did 14 at a way to fast pace this am, feelin it bigly. Gettin to old for this shit but feelin good cause i got to use bigly in a sentence. Lol

QOTD: i dont post everyday but i usually poke my nose in ever day or so. I like the lack of seriousness around here, some of the other sites people act as though running was a matter of life in death instead of fun

runtraildc

Maybe queen should have named it 'superlative sat and Sunday' so we could all join in with our favorites new 'words'.  Well, I got in 4 Yuge miles in with the group. Had to cut it short to get to a swim meet. Maybe I'll fit in a couple more miles later.

I did 14 at a way tost pace this am, feelin it bigly. Gettin to old for this shit but feelin good cause i got to use bigly in a sentence. Lol

Qotd: I like most of you guys. Ok, all.  And it's motivating and entertaining.  Though, I think we've been lacking on the dog pics lately.  And grouse and turkey hunting tips.

muppy

3.1 miles last night to see if foot still hurt, it didn't!

QOTD I think it helps with motivation. I don't like the bore people with the running so I don't really talk about it with people.

AT-runner

Tim

6 tempo miles this morning. Ran at a sub 8:00/mile pace for each mile which is good for me now.  I used to do the same run in under 7:00 per mile pace. I'm ok with the new me.  Slower isn't too bad, but, I do think I spend too much time running at trail pace and need to get a road tempo run more often.

After run, we went to a funeral. Very sad. Got to see several of my old swimmers and some parents of former swimmers.  Sad that it takes a funeral to catch up with people.

QOTD:  I don't talk running with anyone but you guys and a few running friends.  Some of my friends ask "so are you still running" and I just say yes.  I have patients that I've seen for years that have no idea I run, and if they find out they say "my daughter loves to run those 5k races too".  I just smile and never tell them what distances I like to run or that I run in the woods vs. the road.  So I guess I agree with the motivation point and feeling somewhat accountable.

I'm lucky that I've met a good number of you (and some of the old RWOL people) in person.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

Nice runs thurs and fri. No run today. Had to move the big stuff to DD app. Really cool app. on main street across from old courthouse. Great view. See wlos hendersonville nc downtown camera.

qotd  I like to post on running websites because I have stopped talking about running to non-runners. It's like pissing in the wind.

I like the trailer trash because ya'll are fun and run major miles. I enjoy reading your ulta RR.

AT I have the same problem. Too many slower trail miles. 8 min mile feel like a 7 min mile. I am going to run more road miles.

LB2

I did a little run/hike with the dog for 4.5 miles this afternoon. I was annoyed at him for being so slow, but then, I remembered I planned to mix in some walking with some of my runs this year. So, I figured today was a good day to start. It wasn't bad, but I'll run the whole thing tomorrow morning.

QOTD: I don't really like to talk about running with people who don't run, and I don't really know many people who run around here. Those that I do know think that if you run long trail races you must be super fast. They don't really want to run with me, or maybe they just think I am weird or an asshole. Either way, I am normally running alone unless I am at an event, which is rare. I see this place as an escape where I can talk about running. Everyone is pretty laid back.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Put me down for 11 today with the Lady, running a shorter loop around Green Lane reservoir. Chilly with flurries but pretty good for a late January day. Hope for 16-20 tomorrow. Stupidly signed up for the 12 hour in FL next month. I don't see how I can 3 peat this year but who knows. It's a very small race, and I have to at least show up right?

Post run the wife and I made a trip to Longwood gardens to check out the orchid display and see some color in the indoor conservatories. Always a nice winter break.

QOTD: Mandy has not banned me yet? Seriously it's a nice small crowd here and who else is going to listen to me yack about running. I like hearing about everyone's adventures, runs, and races. Even if they aren't of the ultra variety.

Dogs for runtrail! There is one big ugly one there too.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

glorious weather here today- got up to 33 degrees!    I took advantage of it and got 16-ish miles in on Helena Ridge as an out and back, probably 6-ish miles running w/ spikes and 10-ish on snowshoes; on a good day I run this in just a wee bit over 3 hours, today about 5 1/2 hours.

snowshoes slow you down quite a bit, but the elk have really mucked up the "trail"

qotd: this is a great group of folks and it's a motivator for me checking in daily; I've got to meet a couple of folks here and hoping this fall can meet a bunch more 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Xtreme... Shot a little snot out for this picture your dogs don't look too pleased in their shirts 

Ran 17 with the mutts the group ran 8.5 with me and then I turned around...funny I noticed I got a little happier slone.  Hmmm  

Put me down for 11 today with the Lady, running a shorter loop around Green Lane reservoir. Chilly with flurries but pretty good for a late January day. Hope for 16-20 tomorrow. Stupidly signed up for the 12 hour in FL next month. I don't see how I can 3 peat this year but who knows. It's a very small race, and I have to at least show up right?

Post run the wife and I made a trip to Longwood gardens to check out the orchid display and see some color in the indoor conservatories. Always a nice winter break.

QOTD: Mandy has not banned me yet? Seriously it's a nice small crowd here and who else is going to listen to me yack about running. I like hearing about everyone's adventures, runs, and races. Even if they aren't of the ultra variety.

Dogs for runtrail! There is one big ugly one there too.

LB2

Nice and easy 6 this morning. This has been the best stretch of running I have had in a very, very long time. I am inching back up into mileage that makes me feel like a runner again.

LB2

muppy

XT, nice dogs!

5.5 trail miles with snow flurries falling, was a great run!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Feels like spring here!  Ran 5 this morning.  Sore from my time off and than yesterdays long run.  Soending the rest of the day stavking wood which isn't too bad because it's so nice outside.