Trailer Trash

Zoned Out Thursdailies (Read 30 times)

Marley and I had a great 6 mile trail run.  the weather was the nicest in a while.

I was pretty zoned out for the whole run either thinking through construction details for my musical instrument builds or having Blind Pilot playing in my head.  Today it was:

I have to say there was a mile or two
    I had the itch to fly and I flew
    Now at best we would make our dreams 
    With something used
    With something used

QOTD:  How much do you zone out during daily runs?  Do you stay in the moment or get lost inside your head?  I sometimes find myself at a spot on the trail and puzzling over why I can't remember the last three turns or landmarks, that I know I had to have passed.  I do still hear the birds and know when there are other folks within a 1/4 mile so I am not completely out of it.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

NorthernHarrier

Way too long at the grind yesterday so no biking last night, grrr. Just weights this morning and who knows tonight given the chance,maybe that ride. An outstanding day it looks like.

QOTD--I am zoned out all the time. Probably even talking to myself out loud I suppose. But yeah, I end up at places out there and I can't remember how I got there. And then there are these voices I hear....

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bike commute to work today.  3.1 mile run last night.  Slowly but surely I am getting there.

QOTD: I am pretty in tune with my surroundings most of the time.  As women, we have to be.  I will zone out occasionally, however.  Just depends on the run.

Running is dumb.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning folks,

I got my running clothes on this morning, but didn't run, feeling very lethargic lately. I'm

signed up for a 50K Saturday, but I'm grossly under-trained and haven't run anything

longer than 20 in months. I got my gear/nutrition together last night but I'm still on the

fence. It's a 3 loop course of 10ish so I could bag it after 10 or 20 if it went bad, on the

other hand it has a 13 hour cutoff b/c their is a 50M option so it could turn into a brisk hike

if need be.

QOTD: I zone out often on the trails, sometimes I miss turns and have to back-track.

Good luck to couch on Saturday, we'll be watching you.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Been super busy the last couple days at work.  Actually the last 1-2 months have been busy and it's only going to get worse into the fall.  But busy = job security I suppose.  Not sure if I will run tonight or bike.  Maybe both.

Jon - With that cutoff, a nice leisurely run and hike sounds good.  Just restrain yourself from going too hard and/or fast.

QOTD: I have been zoning out a lot at everything not just running.  I have a tendency to zone out more when I run roads.  Because I do not get to the trails nearly enough, I usually zone in when I do and enjoy the moment as much as possible.  This reminds me that it's been a while...

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

signed up for a 50K Saturday, but I'm grossly under-trained and haven't run anything

longer than 20 in months. I got my gear/nutrition together last night but I'm still on the

fence. It's a 3 loop course of 10ish so I could bag it after 10 or 20 if it went bad, on the

other hand it has a 13 hour cutoff b/c their is a 50M option so it could turn into a brisk hike

if need be.

Since you'll be in the area...just use it as a training run for Mountain Madness 

I had big plans yesterday but fell asleep when I got home, woke up, ate Burger King and drank a beer, and went back to sleep...I needed that.  I brought the swimming gear for after work today...I need a good run also.

QOTD: Any easy pace run my mind wanders...if I'm paying attention, I'm usually not running easy and vis versa.

**Ask me about streaking**

sometimes I miss turns and have to back-track.

Funny thing is that I usually don't miss turns.  I make the correct turns for the route I have in mind, I just don't remember making them sometimes.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

muppy

Got in 5 miles last night, was one of those runs that felt so easy and I kept going faster too!

QOTD it depends where I am and what's going on in my head. If I am on the road I pay more attention. If I'm on a trail will pay attention on the technical parts and zone out on the smoother parts.

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head out for 25-30 miles on the bike. After that the lawn needs mowing.

Jon -- Just take it easy and focus on enjoying the day. I have a marathon on Saturday. There is supposed to be a lot of climbing and while not necessarily under trained  I'm not as trained as I would like to be. The plan is to just start off easy and take what the trail and the day gives me. This race also has a 13 hour cut off so it's hikeable and I may just hike a lot of it.

QOTD: I rarely zone out on trails. The stuff that I run is just rooty and rocky enough to keep me engaged. I use my road runs more for tempo and speed workouts so I rarely zone out too far on those runs. I will zone out on the bike though and can totally forget how I got to where I am. The place where I tend to get into a zone is when I'm driving. I know that sound dangerous but in fact I almost always see dangers on the road before others around me do. It's not uncommon for me to see debris on the road, avoid it when others almost hit it, then realize that I don't remember most of the trip up to that point. Maybe that comes from having 1.5 million + miles of driving experience.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Working since 5 am, but off soon, yay! Rest day, though, but luckily tomorrow I'll be traveling already, do I'll have some distraction from the taper madness. QOTD: I often zone out on my runs, and also then find myself in spots where the autopilot took me without me noticing how I got there. Unfortunately, in the tunnel state, I tend to miss turns, or run extra loops, and then my runs get a little longer than planned (e.g.4 hours instead of the announced 1.5), putting DH on edge, and sometomes just barely making it back before he called search and rescue. But despite running on auto at times, I usually maintain my focus on the footing, which can be very tricky in my area. Not always, however.

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I had a great run in the woods.  We ran the 25k course used at Ironmasters + some bonus "we got off trail" miles.  One unmarked section doesn't see too much  traffic so was hard to follow.

Couch - GOOD LUCK !!!!

jonferg - Go for it, and bail if you need to after 2 loops.

jamezilla - Funny about Burger King, because I got an e-mail today asking me to review BK's food.  I gave up fast food in 1999, so don't know how they picked me as a reviewer.

QOTD:  Zone out on roads and gentle trails.  Hardly ever get a chance to zone out on my local trails (same as what Dd1 runs).  Best ever zone out was in Killarney Ireland and I was running in the woods on a gentle trail and all of the sudden I popped out at the ruins of an old Abbey.  There wasn't a person in sight and I explored the ruins all by myself; still one of my best days ever.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

jamezilla - Funny about Burger King, because I got an e-mail today asking me to review BK's food.  I gave up fast food in 1999, so don't know how they picked me as a reviewer.

You're not missing anything...if you want to give them a review you can safely say it sucks.

**Ask me about streaking**

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Doesn't BK have curly fries?

Running is dumb.

Birdwell

Doesn't BK have curly fries?

They have Chicken fries.

AT-runner

Tim

You're not missing anything...if you want to give them a review you can safely say it sucks.

I was running and still gaining weight, so I looked at my eating habits and was amazed when I realized I was eating fast food on average 3 times per week.  I cut it out as a new years resolution and was surprised that I never missed it.  I was a huge whopper fan.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!