Trailer Trash

Things Changing Fridailies (Read 21 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

AT, Mrs AT, Dr J - Good luck at Blues Cruise 50K this weekend!!!  Anyone else racing or volunteering?

It's been a non-existent running week for me.  Zero miles so far.  Had to work late most of the week.  I'm going to try to sneak out of the office early this afternoon and get a long run in.  I need to catch up.... Sue's team is kicking my team's butt in the miles game.

QOTD:  Are you seeing things change in your area with fall arriving?  Visually or otherwise?  Good or bad?

After last night's rain, it finally feels cool and much less humid.  Hope this Indian summer has stopped playing around with us.  We're heading upstate tomorrow morning, and I suspect to see some early trees start to change.  Hope to get some nice pics too.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Sandy-2

SRD.

qotd: Nope. Only way we know it's fall around here is people start playing some game with an odd shaped ball.

Speaking of which, dhuff who ya got in the Red River Rivalry?  Ha Ha Ha. 

tbd.

LB2

2.5 mile easy loop this morning. Nothing special about it other than the fact that I got out the door.

QOTD: No changes yet. I think the high today is in the low 90's with no relief in sight.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A short 3 last night.  I meant to run more but wasn't feeling it.  The humidity sucked.  This morning was nice and cool though.  Too bad that won't last through the weekend.

I think GC is running Steamtown this weekend.

QOTD: Nothing really changing yet here.  Last year's colors in the fall sucked here in PA so hoping it's better this year.

Have a good day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

dhuffman63

Trails

LOL Sandy,  I dislike OU (DD went to OSU with all my money and DH got his masters there).  Of course my boss is partial to Texas and we have reviews coming up so I guess Texas.  Of course growing up in FL I'm a Gators fan so don't really fit in here

QOTD: I've notices leaves falling but nothing really spectacular happens here to the trees.  Normally they turn brown from lack of rain and cool temps and then just fall and make a mess.

Good luck to the racers this weekend.  I looked at Blue Cruise 50k for maybe a future event.

AT-runner

Tim

Thanks, Bert. I'll be running, but don't know about racing. This race is a party atmosphere and always a fun time. Sunday looks like 80° with 89% humid, no wind, but cloudy.  Not my ideal weather for a long run.

GC is running Steamtown Marathon this weekend. Good luck!

Heading to Sunglass Hut at lunch to see about replacing my sunken sunglasses.  DW laughed pretty hard at my story and agrees that she jinxed me.

Short run tomorrow and some yard work / cleanup.  If mosquitoes aren't too bad, we'll cut back the veg garden.

QOTD:  Some trees dropped their leaves without any change in color. Too much moisture, so they dropped early.  Other trees are barely turning color.  As far as temp's, it's up and down.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

LOL Sandy,  I dislike OU (DD went to OSU with all my money and DH got his masters there).  Of course my boss is partial to Texas and we have reviews coming up so I guess Texas.  Of course growing up in FL I'm a Gators fan so don't really fit in here

LOL, since I grew up in NY I'm also an outsider here!!!  My DS (and my money) went to UT so I do give them a peak, but no crazy loyalty.  Actually I tend to root for Penn State just because my SIL went there and currently lives there. The college I went to was so small we didn't have a football team.

Forgot to mention before...  GOOD LUCK ALL YOU RACERS OUT THERE !!!!!!!! 

tbd.

GC100k

New shoes! New shoes!

My new Speedgoat 2 shoes arrived yesterday. I'm wearing them to work today. They feel great so far. Assuming I want to ever run a step again after Sunday's Steamtown marathon (previous big races have knocked me out for awhile), I'll hit the trails more starting next week.

QOTD: Leaves are starting to run. Hoping for a frost to knock out the mosquitoes.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

good luck racers!

hoping to get Tiny E out for a couple of miles after work; I think I may have finally turned a corner with this viral shit

qotd: would two different snowfalls count?  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gator eye

Me and Mr Jangles did 6. Crisp cold morning, had to dig out the long johns. Mr. Jangles was lovin it, he kept given me that big toothy smile. It was almost scary

QOtD: had to scrap the frost off the truck windows when I left for work. Yeap summers over

runtraildc

Hi all. Realized last night I needed coffee for today, so ran the 'long' way to the store. Just far enough to keep the streak up. It's been a week of low miles, so I need to catch up this weekend. Good news is that DS has a swim meet at my 'northern trail park', so I'll get out this weekend easily. Unfortunately, they're shared with mtn bikes and they have a big race on Sunday. I think I'll be running after most of them are done. And the county just opened a new trail along a power line that ends nearby. I might just try it out for something different.

As for other changes, DS1 is heading to the southwest in 3 weeks to work with an Americorps service program. He'll be working mostly on public lands (forest service, NPS, etc) doing trail and habitat restoration. Now to figure out how to visit....

qotd: I noticed this morning the trees have faded just a little. Not as bright green as the summer. Our peak foliage is usually at the end of October-early Nov.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 6ish this morning.  Tried to hit the ridge just as the sun was peaking.  I was shot about 4 minutes.  Beautiful golden sunrise though.  On my way to work I was in such a good mood that I thought; sure am happy when I run before work versus sleeping in before work.  Need to do it more often.

QOTD:  Leaves are turning and dropping, all good.  First rain, which is good.  Pine needles are dropping which is bad.  We usually load the large car trailer up twice taking pine needles to the dump!  and we only rake them up from about a 1/3 of the yard, the rest we let mulch!

Bert_O:  Yea...My team is better than your team.   Maybe you shouldn't have crack in the team name.

GC:  Good luck this weekend.

At and Jamie:  Have fun on your run this weekend.  Give each other a hug for me. 

Gator eye:  My Jack was running pretty good this morning to due to the cool weather.  Glad Jangles is back out in the woods.

runtraildc:  Smart boy!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Bert_O:  Yea...My team is better than your team.   Maybe you shouldn't have crack in the team name.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of our team name.  It's only for 1 year though.  I got tickets today to see the Trail Running Film Festival on 10/24.   Of course, you'll see it 1 week before me.

And I have no idea if it's a gimmick or for real, but today I put my name in for a Jimmy Kimmel Live contest next Friday to win a bib for the NYC Marathon this year.  I might just get my 15 minutes, but we'll see. 

GC - Good luck in Steamtown!!!

runtrail - Very cool about your son.  I'm sure he'll have some pretty cool experiences with Americorps.  I wish I were that young again... I'd consider the same.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

LB2

As for other changes, DS1 is heading to the southwest in 3 weeks to work with an Americorps service program. He'll be working mostly on public lands (forest service, NPS, etc) doing trail and habitat restoration. Now to figure out how to visit....

That is a great program.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yea, I don't like ours either.  Glute Force....my running friend was just saying to me how we never engage our glutes, they are just kinda along for the ride.    I guess because we are slow pokes.  I won't give away the plot on the trail movies.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of our team name.  It's only for 1 year though.  I got tickets today to see the Trail Running Film Festival on 10/24.   Of course, you'll see it 1 week before me.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄