Trailer Trash

Cyber Mondailies (Read 32 times)

Daydreamer1

Looks like it's going to be a nice day in central Pa from a weather view point. It's supposed to be into the 50s which will be nice for sitting out in the deer stand, which leads me to my PSA for the day for all the PA runners. Remember that the next two weeks are the regular rifle deer season, so If you're out in the woods wear plenty of  orange. DD and I are getting ready to head out for a morning of hunting and DS is going out with a friend.  For all you Cyber Monday shoppers, good luck on hunting up the deals.

QOTD: Mileage for November?   For me it was 17 runs totaling 109 miles and 7 times on the elliptical for 31.47 miles. Nothing on the bike this month.

LB2

Today is a rest day. It wouldn't be, but I have to work until 6:30 this evening. I am starting to hate this place. It must be all that holiday cheer.

QOTD: 153. My plan was 150 minimum and 180 maximum. I made that range, but it isn't very good when you consider the fact that 100 of that was in one run on November 1st and 2nd. But, recovery is necessary. I get a little depressed about 3 to 4 weeks after a big run, once the euphoria plays itself out. I only do about one or two per year. We don't have any big, long, point to point races close to home. Oh well, it will fade soon. I have pacing duties this weekend, which will be fun.

LB2

runtraildc

Hi all!  Mostly a rest day today.  I'll get a very short run on the treadmill at the gym, with a strength workout later this afternoon.

DD-- good luck with the hunt!

LB- enjoy the down time.  And I get what you're saying after finishing a goal race (though mine are much shorter...)

qotd:  105, which considering my running year, is the best so far.  I'm happy.

XtremeTaper

Good morning all. Blaze orange all the time this week but mostly if I trail run it will be on the lake trails that are not open to rifle hunting. I stay pretty cognizant of hunting seasons here in PA.

Likely stuck on the road today due to work restrictions but that's ok. Had a nice time at the Dirty Bird 15k trail race yesterday. A lovely mix of snow covered and wet muddy trails that led to a beautiful day in the woods. Finished 38th overall (out of 400+? maybe), took home 2nd AG in 50-59 geezer group and ran relatively strong. It is remarkably fun to fly down the slushy snow covered hulls. Met up with AT-Runner and his wife,  and said a brief hello to Trails n' Cocktails post race. Good times. I've enjoyed getting back to these shorter trail distances this year. Seems I haven't slowed down quite as much as I thought.

QOTD: 236 miles, ran every single day. Not many long runs. Just one or two over 16 miles but that is fine. Just maintaining a base at the moment.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Occasional Runner

7 sleepy miles this morning. We got in after midnight last night and I was up again at 3:00 to get some miles in. I wasn't in the mood.

Planning an easy week. Slow runs and a lot of rest.

QOTD: I fell short of my goal. 296 miles.

NorthernHarrier

A rest day here but I think I'll still hop on the elliptical for a few at high resistance. 2 good days of trail running this weekend with slightly better temps. Back at it again with a tempo run planned for early tomorrow.

DD--Deer hunting in one of the great deer hunting states. Sounds good. Enjoy!

XT--Sounds like you still got it ol' man. Nice placement.   400 peeps for a 15k trail run, I see why you wanted to get out towards the front.

QOTD--without looking at the actual numbers it was around 125. Some good quality mixed in so I too am happy.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All!  Will hit the gym this evening for some strength training, which is good as it's -12 right now, they say it's getting up to 26 today- but I say they are full of sh1t

qotd: 115 miles, not bad considering I was elk hunting quite a bit on the weekends- had over 50 miles tramping in the mountains chasing the wild wapiti

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

SRD for me today.

qotd: 182 miles.  A lot of hilly miles, I'm not used to it yet, but it's good.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Indian Summer here today and ice and snow for tomorrow.  Was to be a SRD, but might get out for a few road miles at lunch.

Fun times at Dirty Bird 15K in XT's neck of the woods.  I ran with DW as she is recovering from a hip injury and she was worried about re-injury due to the ice/snow/mud..  At the start, I looked over and saw a young bride in an Oiselle shirt and low and behold it was T&C.  Ran conservatively at the start, then DW was starting to feel pretty good and we picked up the pace and passed a number of runners in the last 3 miles.  DW didn't get an AG award this time, but at least she's well on the mend now (had a mild avulsion fracture of right iliac crest).

Nice talking to XT, T&C, Mr. T&C and their frozen dog.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

some call me Tim

qotd: 96. despite two (planned) weeks of 0 and one (snow buried)week of 10. the majority of it was last week so now-

rest day... just a few aches to contend with, and then I'll go about trying to get 300 *this* month.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

USRD...planned on running this morning but it's still raining and hard to get out of bed on cold dark days.  Maybe a little something after work with Earl.

QOTD:  Another low month for me..97 miles and hardly any days...

Xtreme:  Nice placing..you know for a gezzer.

Kelly:  Your dedication is amazing...I would have used getting home at 12:00 as an excuse not to run.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

It's a SRD for me today.  My legs are still tired from my race on Thursday.  Sounds like the PA gang had a fun FE!

QOTD: 97 miles.  I am okay with that, considering I took off a few extra days off this month.  I am working my way back from being the caboose Smile  Speaking of, where's Jamie been?

Running is dumb.

Messed up my ankle pretty bad yesterday, so just a 30 min walk for me today.  Maybe with crutches, we'll see.

QOTD:  No idea, I've been bad about recording my mileage this year, but probably in the 100-150 mile range.

Watoni

Messed up my ankle pretty bad yesterday, so just a 30 min walk for me today.  Maybe with crutches, we'll see.

QOTD:  No idea, I've been bad about recording my mileage this year, but probably in the 100-150 mile range.

Yikes! Hope the ankle is ok soon

I was planning a ride but I may have a technical issue so maybe I will not rest the ankle/Achilles and run. Today should be a break between two rain storms. Ran about 5 yesterday on the town horse trails (so just rolling, no big hills) and got nice and muddy.

QOTD: 90 ... long run, ankle sprain, slow rebuild

LB2

Break or bad sprain?

LB2