Trailer Trash

Sunny Sundailies (Read 15 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Had a really nice run/snowshoe yesterday, used the Fastpack 30 and was very happy with it.  Carried the snowshoes when not needed, everything was handy pocket wise and comfortable w/ no bounce- had about 12 pounds in it.

Gorgeous day here, will try and get in 10-ish today

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Just returned from 6.5 miles along the creek.  Found the washed out bridge 'crossings', but my friend and I decided it was too risky to try them without a hand support.  Speaking for myself, my balance is not that great and neither of us relished the idea of falling 3-5 feet into deep, cold water.    We ended up going to the real bridge and around.  The skunk cabbages and virginia bluebells have started to emerge since I was there a few days ago- favorite signs of spring for me.

Nice pics, MT.  Looks like a fun day!

qotd:  I've got nothing.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

forgot a qotd - whoops 

qotd: favorite breakfast?  I made my wife French toast this morning- I use two eggs, half and half in lieu of milk, a good multi-grain bread, but the real secret is cooking it on low heat in butter slowly (takes 15-20 minutes) almost carmalizing it-  add good syrup, bacon and a glass of milk- good stuff! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head up on the mountain for 11 miles. It's cold here again . 35 degrees.  Looks like I'll have to bundle up again.

Warden - Three things.

First - Nice pictures but please keep the cold out there.

Second - Please reduce your mileage. Give the rest of us a chance to catch up .

And Lastly - With French Toast like that I'll be stopping at your house for breakfast in the morning .

Runtrail -  I thought you were a swimmer?  3-5 feet should be just right for a refreshing dip .

QOTD:  Scrapple and eggs with toast. Make the eggs over medium. After dipping the yolk place the rest on the toast, add scrapple and coat with applebutter.  Yummy.  Oh yea, very fattening.

NHLA

10 miles Lake Summit. Great route to train on. Sandy - dirt road that feels like a trail but no roots and rocks.

qotd  Southweastern scone  open face with fried eggs and bacon.

Sandy-2

mt, it's spring, those snowy photos look too cold. The trees are budding and flowering here.

I ended up doing 7 up on the single track last night.  Met an American guy along the way which is a bit unusual so we stopped to talk for a little bit, nice guy.  He doesn't run but sometimes hikes up the mountain.  He also commented the "Texas Trail" shirt I was wearing - he's from Dallas.

qotd: after an early morning run, pretty much any breakfast is my favorite !!!!

tbd.