Trailer Trash

GVRAT Friday and May Day (Read 16 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Quite a few of us are starting the Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee today along with over 9000 world wide.  I have a long run, i.e. 10+ miles, planned for the day.  At least the weather should be better today.

qotd:  April being over and today being May 1st, how did the April miles add up?  171.2 for me.  If I can maintain what I've been running, I should finish GVRAT sometime in mid-August.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles on the trails for Tiny E and I yesterday; not sure if I'll get anything squeezed in today or not- packing for another foray into the Bob Marshall and heading out this afternoon

qotd: 163, 50+ of those on snowshoes 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

2 mile dog wog this morning. Hey, it felt like spring. I was overdressed for the jogging portion. 3 dumps by the Lady. Matched her PR. A run on the trails after work, TTBD, in the 5-6 mile range as usual.

Get to hit the links tomorrow. Glad I was just looking for a time as a single. Most places were booked solid.

QOTD: 191. Pandemic running streak at 67 days presently.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

6 mi this morning. In the GVRAT apparently I'm on a levee along the Mississippi River in Arkansas, won't be in Tennessee until about 25 miles in. Had some old Mott the Hoople song stuck in my head the whole run this morning.

I don't know about Arkansas, but it was nice here this morning, it was in the upper 50s.  Yay!!!

qotd: 193 miles for April.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

George - the GVRAT is up over 10k participants now.  

I got in 10.3 this morning as the rains finally cleared out.  I am on point for an out and back across Tennessee.  I just have to maintain that daily mileage.  

Warden - nice snowshoe mileage!

QOTD: 208 miles on 23 days of running.  Best of all, I feel good.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

George - the GVRAT is up over 10k participants now.  

I know.  I posted a screen shot when the participant count was 9,999.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NorthernHarrier

Looks like I'm about the only one not running across Tn. I'm usually an outlier anyway...

Back in the Madison area working on the house and yard. Did manage 11 trail miles yesterday and planning on heading out shortly for some tempo or intervals. Looks to be a stellar day here.

I have been planning an epic run in the White Mts. of New Hampshire for late June. Checked last night and the trailheads are closed but the trails are open. Can't park on the roads but if you can get a dropoff or walk to the trailhead it's all good.  I know a lot of time between now and then but I think about anything planned right now is in jeopardy including Rae lakes in August. I am not optimistic.

QOTD--177

Harrier, I’m not running across TN either.

For everyone who is, have fun!

I started my May streak today, 2 mile walk!

DHuff, I was able to log my miles here: https://runningfitevents.redpodium.com/head-goat-50k-log?fbclid=IwAR0934SKGphx-F_k-ONIWWoCC9h5iLJc6Qx1zhzk_E7EtI5eBOdbg7RhH2A

QOTD: 230 miles. A couple big runs doing virtual events in April.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LB2

Woke up late: 5:15. Had to rush to get to where I needed to be, and had to go further than that once I got there. It was a beautiful start to May with a couple of miles hiked at fast pace.

QOTD: 105.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Harrier - I am not in the GRaVY race either. I suspect Facebook might be a requirement to get the most out of the experience so not for me.

Gatsby - Awesome miles!

Dr J - Careful with the all the miles for the out/back. Seems you are doing great right now though.

Warden - LOL. You run in a lot of snow. Safe travels this weekend. Spring weather I guess means snow melt.

Sandy - All the young dudes or something else?

WC - Wow, that's a lot of runners and a lot of money. Good luck on your mid August goal.

AT-runner

Tim

Finishing up my morning and going to go for a rare Friday run. Plan is 7-8 miles on a logging road.  Flooding all around last night, so might need to stay off the trails for a few days.

Good luck to all the GVRAT runners.

QOTD:  187 +/-  It's very rare to have an April under 200 miles, but I figured Montour 24 would be cancelled so I lost motivation. I guess I'll have to really start accurately tracking my miles, like I did years ago.  I run with my GPS watch about 40% of the time so I'll add that in to my runs. Most of my runs are a mix of trails, so I usually go by best guesstimate, where some are longer and some are shorter.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dhuffman63

Trails

Gatsby I can get to that page but when I click on the Enter Results Here the link times out.  When I do a network check it says the end server isn't working.  I'm logged in to the internet, logged into my companies VPN so my side looks good.  Not sure why I can't hit them either with IE or Chrome as my browser.

XtremeTaper

Gatsby I can get to that page but when I click on the Enter Results Here the link times out.  When I do a network check it says the end server isn't working.  I'm logged in to the internet, logged into my companies VPN so my side looks good.  Not sure why I can't hit them either with IE or Chrome as my browser.

Dhuffman - Could be your company VPN is blocking access. Just because you can hit this site, others might be blocked.

Sandy-2

Sandy - All the young dudes or something else?

In honor of the GVRAT from SW to NE Tennessee, this.

tbd.

moonlightrunner

I started my Tennessee run today...just 3 this morning...7 tonight after work.

So glad it is Friday. We are supposed to have so.e sunshine this weekend...

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k