Trailer Trash

Technical Tuesday (Read 20 times)

LB2

Cool front passed through after midnight and sucked every drop of humidity out of the air. Temps were mid-60's this morning. I ran a short, 2.5 mile loop this morning. I may get out again this evening if I get the yard cut in time. Most likely, I will try to get an earlier start in the morning to run a little further.

QOTD: If you had unlimited resources and could be anywhere you wanted, what are your top three requirements for living (or being) if you chose to move from your current location?

1. Access to remote trails.

2. Access to large sections of public land for hunting and running.

3. A climate that has all four seasons.

LB2

dhuffman63

Trails

It was 57 this morning and the humidity was gone here also.  Big change from standing Sat with the horses and dripping sweat and this morning.

Oh! I love what if games.

1. With unlimited resources I can have my private jet fly me to the beach for the winter

2. I'd like to live in a university town where I can take classes in what ever interest I have

3. Hiking trails out my door

Oh and here's another pic.Nick the Aussie and the view from my living room window

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a nice rainy 3.1 last night.  Today the temps are about perfect but an off day for me.  Not ready for back to back days just yet.  Maybe soon though.

All these pictures of dogs and land make me want both.  Ok we have a dog but it makes me want another.  And we have a yard but makes me want bigger.  

Bert - keep hanging in there.

QOTD: 1.) Quick access to a beach (secluded)

2.) Unlimited mountainous trails

3.) All four seasons (but winter and summer need to be shorter)

Sorry LB - I liked your answers! 

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run today....

qotd: 1) trails.... lot’s of trails, single tracks (that’s how we actually picked this town)

2) small town....I like college towns

3) 4 mild seasons.... no extreme heAt or cold.

Duffman: Nice, reminds me of my sister’s view in Michigan.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

dhuffman63

Trails

Jamie here's another of my 6 dogs.

Jasper

This is Jasper a beagle/American eskimo mix.  He's furry like the AE but marked like a beagle.

Jacob

This is Jacob the Arab I got from a rescue.

Codee

This is Codee, the POA mare I did endurance and dressage on.

Mandy you have created a monster in showing me how to post pics.  Since I can't run (walk) I can take lots of pictures...lol.

dhuffman63

Trails

Is anyone experience with dry needling for back pain?  I may have found a physical therapist who does that along with other therapies.  In OK we don't have to have a referral to see a PT but I intend to go back to my PCP just for a follow up.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

3) 4 mild seasons.... no extreme heAt or cold.

Well, don't move back to Michigan then!

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Cooling breezes here today and sun after a rainy Monday. No storms last night, just steady rain so the Lady and I drove out to Warwick Park and ran about 6.5 miles on a mix of flat and hilly trails. Pouring pretty good when we started and that continued for at least 30 minutes, but towards the end of the run the rain lessened and finally stopped completely. We skipped the French Creek crossing last night as the river was high and the Lady did not seem to want anything to do with it. So we did a double out/back on both sides of the river.

Some sort of run tonight in my usual range. TTBD.

QOTD:  My goal would be to live in multiple locations, stay here in PA in summer, northern FL in the winter. But I will play.

1. Access to wooded shady trails with streams, lakes, and creeks available

2. A climate that is not dry, meaning has regular rainfall now and then. Water is good, even though I like desert scenery.

3. A good selection of quality and reasonably priced golf course

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Did 4 mi this morning. It was nice and cool and my pace was pretty good.

This is day 5 of my 8 days of meetings, I'm kinda hitting the wall.  But there is a party tonight at my local London office, so that'll be good.

qotd:

(1) four seasons, including low humidity.

(2) nice downtown with lots of one-off restaurants (only a few chain restaurants), college town would do.

(3) extensive wooded trail system with rolling hills.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles and ~ 1000’ for Tiny Elvis and I yesterday evening; another glorious evening- low 70’s, no humidity, overcast with a slight breeze- pretty darn nice Smile

plan is for 4-5 this evening

qotd: the only place I would consider relocating would possibly be coastal Alaska- relatively mild winters and relatively cool summers; the big if is if we could embrace that much moisture- right now we love rain, after a couple weeks straight, not sure we would????

the bitter cold and snow here doesn’t bother me much, the summer heat does- on the positive side it’s low humidity and it generally cools nicely at night

it’s a small town, but not tiny; has severs good eateries, a 100-ish miles of single track out my door and a wide range of backcountry nearby, oh and the big game hunting isn’t too shabby

so yeah, even with unlimited resources, not sure we would move (well maybe a summer home in Juneau!)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

No run yet, but am planning for 5 with the brewery group tonight. It's gorgeous here-- breezy, low humidity and coold (70s). Oh, if it never got any hotter or more humid....

Harrier-- a dog party sounds great! Chowder is missing his pack of springers (and being allowed on the furniture, but that's no matter here).

qotd: Hmm, close access to a national park or large area of public lands. Ocean or Lake Superior nearby. 4 seasons, but ideally not over 80 or under 0.  And good groceries nearby with a variety of ethnic foods.

Gator eye

Well, don't move back to Michigan then!

We have two seasons, winter and the one month before next winter

moonlightrunner

Wow! Sounds like everyone is having great weather! It is wonderful here. Started out at 51, supposed to get to 72. We have lower than normal temps in store for the next couple weeks. I'm ok with that.

I had such an awesome run last night. The sun was out, the wind was blowing at a perfect rate and the trail I ran is enchanted. Pretty sure there are fairies and elves there. I am still struggling with picture posting...but hope for success sooner than later.

Qotd:

Remote area

Lots of trails and adjacent to public land

4 seasons

Handyman to shovel snow and repair stuff

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

LB2

qotd: the only place I would consider relocating would possibly be coastal Alaska- relatively mild winters and relatively cool summers; the big if is if we could embrace that much moisture- right now we love rain, after a couple weeks straight, not sure we would????

Alaska is the only state that does not have wild turkeys, so I couldn't live there. But it is beautiful.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

3.5 miles, the knee started hurting, so I cut it short. Not sure what this is, but sure it will go away again sooner or later.

Nice weather here, too, very low humidity and reasonably warm, upper 70's, with a light breeze. Great running weather.

QOTD: 1) Hills and rocky mountains with lakes, all public land, and a beach (secluded, with dunes and some cacti) on the ocean close by, and trails right from the door.

2) Warm/hot climate, dry (think desert), never below 65. If I want cold or snow, my private jet can take me anywhere.

3) Remote location to live, but college town or larger city close by.

Run for fun.