Trailer Trash

Good Fridaily (Read 21 times)

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Walked again last night after DW got home.  Left quad sore from where I hit it on my fall.  Tomorrow is 20+ miler on some hilly logging roads and ATV trails.  Then shorter run on Easter Sunday and long walk in the evening.

I know we have a lot of Agnostics out there, but for those who aren't, today is Good Friday. Hope everyone has a great weekend, and safe  travels if you are on the road.

QOTD:  Easter plans?  Get together for brunch with my family on Sunday. Nice to get together and no one has to do dishes. Plus brunch might be my favorite meal. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Last night was 9.5 miles on the trails of Coventry Woods with the Lady. More seasonal weather last night, low 60's with a few spritzes of drizzle but still very nice. We did a bonus loop up/down the ridge to bump up the miles on my regular loop. Something in the 6-7 mile range today, then 23-24 mile Big Woods loop tomorrow. I typically do this loop once a year. It starts in Warwick Park, takes the horeshoe trail through the woods/game lands adjacent to St. Peter's Village, into French Creek Park, loops back to Coventy Woods, Woody's Woods, and finally back to the finish at Warwick Park. A few miles of road connecting a few of the locations but no road stretch longer than a mile.

QOTD: We are heading down to south Chester county for a short run with my partner in crime, then early dinner, probably something grilled outdoors. Maybe hit longwood gardens as we will be nearby and have season membership passes.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: We are heading down to south Chester county for a short run with my partner in crime, then early dinner, probably something grilled outdoors. Maybe hit longwood gardens as we will be nearby and have season membership passes.

Season pass holders, as well.  Last night DW was checking the Tulip schedule.  Looks like we'll go in a few weeks and again in Summer when the fountain re-open. Can't wait to see the new fountains. We've even run the trails there a few times out along the meadow and through the woods.  Not a long run, but nice to do on a weekday when no one is there.

runtraildc

Probably no run for me today. After a few household things, we're heading to Philadelphia for a last minute trip. Just one night, but two days to walk the city and take in some sights- the Mutter Museum and Eastern State Pen included. Little DS asked if we could go running tomorrow morning. After I picked my jaw up from the floor, he explained he wanted to see something interesting-- 'like the high line park in NYC'. So I think we'll do an early run along the Schuylkill banks boardwalk.  PA folks-- any suggestions? I think I can be lucky to get him to go 4 miles with me.

qotd: no plans. we don't celebrate, but I do eat my fair share of easter candy though.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Howdy!  I'm ending my vacation with a bang by getting sick.  Ugh.  I feel horrible with a terrible sore throat.  I've been pretty productive up until now.  I got in a few bike rides, a run, made croissants for the first time, got my bike fitted, went to the dentist, renewed my driver's license, etc.

Welcome back, Jon!  Good to see you around here. 

Runtraildc, my boyfriend now *asks* to watch the Great British Baking Show.  LOL.  He won't let me watch it without him.

QOTD: Nothing.  I didn't even know it was Easter.

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Ran a mile with DD and DS2 last night.  They have been wanting t run with me lately.  I then ditched them and the dog an ran another 2.5.

DC - A run through Fairmount park is nice along the Schuykill River Trail.  You can follow it from behind the Art Museum and run as long as you want.  It goes for a lot longer than your DS could possibly run.  It's scenic without being much in the city.  Depending on the time of day, be prepared for plenty of people.

QOTD: Two family get-togethers, church on Sunday (although that is not different than every Sunday), and hoping for a nice run or two.  I may actually get some stuff for our front flower bed that is still basically a blank slate.  I spent so much time last year getting it prepared but then we ran out of time in the fall to plant anything.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Runtraildc, my boyfriend now *asks* to watch the Great British Baking Show.  LOL.  He won't let me watch it without him.

Awesome.  Does he say your baking is "scrummy" when he tastes them now?  DW and I I love Mary Berry.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice 7-ish mile run with close to 2000' gain; somehow dodged the storms all around. Strength train this evening.

qotd: headed to Missoula tomorrow morning to see DD and family. Saturday evening ham dinner, Sunday morning brunch, egg hunting and then back home. Might be able to squeeze something in at Missoula, regardless will get something in Sunday afternoon/evening

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Awesome.  Does he say your baking is "scrummy" when he tastes them now?  DW and I I love Mary Berry.

I laugh every time she says that.  Also, "whacking."  Someone will say, "I'll just whack this into the oven."  WTF.  Weirdo Brits. 

Running is dumb.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Don't laugh but today is a SRD. A rest day from what??? Like I mentioned I'm just getting

back to my 5 day routine. Tomorrow I'm planning 6-8 to get on a HM training routine for

May. I did take the dog for a good hike up the hill this morning, she was stoked, lots of

things to smell and pee on.

Hi, Mandy. Are you still keeping us all in line?

QOTD: I wouldn't have known about Good Friday, Easter, or Passover if I was working

at the VA in the Bronx. Apparently it's a bit a thing around these parts. No plans for

Easter except for normal Sunday stuff.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Good Friday??? It's been an awesome Friday so far..ran about 6 this morning with the mutts..sun is out again...then I went to  a PiYo class (Pilates and Yoga) now I am at work and at least it's Friday.  Shit best part is I have very little heel pain...pretty sure Northern told me to do heel lifts awhile back..  So wish I had listen to him then .

QOTD:  No plans,,home alone and I already ate the chocolate bunny I bought Mike because I forget to put it in his truck before he left.  It's suppose to rain so maybe I'll go to the zookeepers wife movie; at least than I won't have to finish the book. Then theres that ling run thing that at this point will be like 15...then I taper 5 days for my 30K on Saturday.   FI (fucking Idiot)

Mandy:  I saw a picture of your croissants...they looked perfect.  Not bad for fist time.  They were the frozen kind you just bake were they? 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Jon, I'm not running much these days, but I'm still trying to keep these other crazy runners in line!

Sue, I promise I actually made them myself and did not find them in the grocery store!

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Turning into a rest day for me. I wanted to get out and go for a run. It's gorgeous here today but I gotta go back into work tonight . Normally I have time for a run but tonight I'm heading off to a part time job so I don't have the full 12 hours off.   If all spring days would be like this one spring would be my favorite time of the year.

AT- What speed do you target for your walk training and how far do you normally walk?

It's been a long, long time since we were at Longwood Gardens. Should go down there again.

QOTD:  For many years we had an established Good Friday routine.  One of the promoters of Southern Gospel music  in Lancaster County would always put on a dinner gospel concert down in New Holland. Always featured Jeff and Sheri Easter and the Easter Brothers. Yes Easter was their real last names and there was a lot of musical history and talent there with the Easter brothers although they played a Bluegrass style that I'd not really into.  Jeff and Sheri had a more country, southern gospel, bluegrass blend.  At one time you had to buy tickets a year in advance to get seats but then attendance started to dwindle and about three years ago the promoter quit promoting and moved to Florida.  We would even take off work to make sure we got there. It took us 15 years to get tables in the front row.

This morning was really a clash of cultures in a way in our area. Most people were still going about their normal routine but the Old Order Mennonites were out in full force going to church. For them Good Friday is a big holiday. With the normal vehicle traffic and about 10 times the amount of horse and buggy traffic it was a mad house.

For Sunday we will have a early Sunrise service at church.  After that I'll go for a longer run which will probably be a road run because we are having a ham for dinner that evening.  DS is coming home so maybe I'll get to run with him a little bit.

AT-runner

Tim

AT- What speed do you target for your walk training and how far do you normally walk?

If I'm by myself, outside I try to walk a mile in about 14 minutes or so.  If DW is along, it's a little slower.  On the TM, I set the speed at 4.2 mph = 14:17 minutes per mile. I try to get 3-4 miles in at a time. I added 2-3 walks / week since mid January.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hmmm I run a 14 minute mile when I have the dogs with me on our morning trail.  Last weekend we ran a different trail (alone) and they hauled ass so we had a 11 minute mile.  I don't get those two!

If I'm by myself, outside I try to walk a mile in about 14 minutes or so.  If DW is along, it's a little slower.  On the TM, I set the speed at 4.2 mph = 14:17 minutes per mile. I try to get 3-4 miles in at a time. I added 2-3 walks / week since mid January.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄