Trailer Trash

Muddy Wednesadilies (Read 35 times)

The pooch and slogged along in the mud for three miles during our morning trail run. The snow is gone for all practical purposes, but we might get a dusting tonight and more on Sunday and Monday.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Birdwell

Morning everyone!

5.5 worth of hill repeats late last night.

LB2

I'll get out after dark and try out some new gear I got yesterday.

QOTD: Have you gotten any new gear lately?

I just got a Black Diamond Storm headlamp. It came in yesterday, but I was too tied up to run last night. I'll give it a go tonight. I have run with a cheap Petzl and a handheld for quite a long time now. When I compare the Storm with those two together, it is amazing that I have ever been able to stay up right or find my way through the darkness with what I have been using. So, I am pretty excited about running tonight.

LB2

jonferg67

Endless trails

I woke up with severe pain in my hip into my leg, couldn't walk without pain. Felt

a little better after warming up, but I would've been asking for trouble if I tried to run

so I didn't. I asked my chiro what it could be and said probably tight hip flexors, could

that really cause such intense pain? I foamed the hell out of it last night, and its still painful.

QOTD: I just ordered The Stick, should be here Friday.

ElfRunner25

Wannabe Ultrarunner

The cherry trees are starting to bloom and it's supposed to be 60 degrees here today... SPRING FEVER!  It's my Sunday, so I'd better get it all out of my system before not seeing the light of day until next Tuesday.

Am back to re-upping my mileage slowly, but the knee still isn't doing great on trails. Did 30 minutes of hill intervals last night on steep-but-not-technical paths and that felt okay. Today... a "long run" in the sunshine. The graph that shows lengths of recent runs on my RA log just scaled down so now 5 miles looks like a really long run (I guess that means it's been a month since I've run more than 6 miles?) It's both comforting and shaming at the same time.

QOTD: Was doing errands yesterday and was about to walk past the LRS... so of course rather than walking past I walked in. Got a pair of (men's) tights for half off and a sport bra (women's, I think, although it wasn't marked either way, so who knows?!) Resisted the urge to buy new water bottles/hydration packs/gels that all need long runs to be useful.

Race schedule: a 50k. Sometime. This year. Maybe a 5k too. Maybe races in between as well. 

LB2

The graph that shows lengths of recent runs on my RA log just scaled down so now 5 miles looks like a really long run (I guess that means it's been a month since I've run more than 6 miles?) It's both comforting and shaming at the same time.

I hate when that happens. That graph may be more motivation for me to squeeze in those long runs than anything else.

LB2

muppy

Good morning everyone, got in 22.5 yesterday and 6.1 this morning.

QOTD I haven't bought anything lately, but I'm waiting to see if the garmin 910 goes on sale, I kind of thought it goes on sale around the Boston Marathon time every year and a new models come out. I was a good boy so Santa got me a couple hundred dollars of gift cards for runners warehouse that's what I'm waiting for.

Hi all,

Taking another rest day for the calf.

QOTD: I buy a lot of Oiselle gear since I have a major discount. Other than that, nothing really new. I could use a new pair of trail shoes and road shoes though.

ElfRunner25

Wannabe Ultrarunner

QOTD: I buy a lot of Oiselle gear since I have a major discount. Other than that, nothing really new. I could use a new pair of trail shoes and road shoes though.

TnC-- I tried on a pair of Rogas yesterday and WANT THEM. But the LRS only had them in the green and green isn't my color... so I may have to order direct, now that I know my size and that flatter my weird-shaped butt. I suppose I would have to race more/blog more to be supported by Oiselle... Might be worth it for the shorts 

Race schedule: a 50k. Sometime. This year. Maybe a 5k too. Maybe races in between as well. 

Gator eye

It's a frickin blizzard here, visibility is less than 100 yards. I slogged through 4 mile on the TM.

I got a hydration pack a week ago and still haven't had the chance to remove the tags.

TnC-- I tried on a pair of Rogas yesterday and WANT THEM. But the LRS only had them in the green and green isn't my color... so I may have to order direct, now that I know my size and that flatter my weird-shaped butt. I suppose I would have to race more/blog more to be supported by Oiselle... Might be worth it for the shorts 

They are pretty much the only shorts I wear....I think I have 6 or 7 pairs. The distance shorts are nice too, but the Rogas are still my favorites. Keep an eye out for the sale section. They tend to put the previous season on sale a lot, and you can also get them on Amazon cheaper sometimes.

They do the team selection in the summer, I think applications are due July 1. Besides the sweet discount, it is a really supportive community of women. I suggest you apply if you like their gear!

runtraildc

Strength workout at PT today.  I am looking at least another week before I can run, and that will only be on the bubble  treadmill that reduces the body weight on my knee.  It feels fine, and had I not gone in and gotten it checked, I would be happily running on a cracked knee, doing god-knows-what long term damage.  Ignorance can be bliss, right?

TT- I just saw a large groundhog that sems to have moved into my garden.  Are you, Marley and your potato gun up for a field trip? 

qotd:  I just got a new Nike merino hoodie that I love, though haven't tested it running yet.  That's all.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning All,

I was a bum last night and bailed on my hill workout...that is the workout I skip more than any other (my excuse this time is that my feet are still a little beat up from saturday's microspikes miles).  I did ride the bike for 30 mins so not a total loss.

Not sure what the plan is today other than getting out of work promptly and getting my miles in during daylight hours.

QOTD: I have been very patiently sitting on a $50 gift card from REI since Christmas...once I get my REI refund I think I'm going to buy some of hydrapak's new soft flasks, which look to be an improvement on the Salomon version.  Oh yeah, I bought a new Marmot jacket from STP, which is comfy and warm in the core, but doesn't have any wind protection in the arms...it comes close to the "fill" jacket/hybrid idea that FTYC was looking for earlier in the season (maybe kinda sorta)

**Ask me about streaking**

AT-runner

Tim

Taking a break today.  Spent 6 hours assembling a greenhouse for DW yesterday and my back is shot.  It was her Christmas present and this was the first week we didn't have snow on the ground.  she'll be a happy gardener now.  Thunderstorms here now, so just as well that I couldn't get out at lunch.

Think Spring.  The assembly manual for this greenhouse was 60 pages.  Good thing I'm a very experienced DIY'er.

QOTD: Got a UD pack a while back and love it so far.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TT- I just saw a large groundhog that sems to have moved into my garden.  Are you, Marley and your potato gun up for a field trip? 

Are you in a location where firearms are OK?  It is pretty easy to plug them with a 22 if they are in your garden.  Barring that, a pellet gun might or might not be up to the task.  The Crosman 1322 or 1377 can be found for under $70 and are pretty good.  I have killed rats with one, but am not sure if it will cleanly kill a groundhog.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida