Trailer Trash

Bryce Canyon RR (Read 29 times)

Occasional Runner

Here's my Bryce Canyon 50k RR from this weekend. And yes...I do run a 50k every now and then. Thanks for checking it out!

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.com/2015/06/bryce-50k-classic-ultra-tourism.html

AT-runner

Tim

To hell with the race, sweet Teardrop.  Is that a homemade one?  I built one years ago and have since sold it. I'm thinking of doing a new one this fall or I may convert our pop-up into a mini camper.

Oh yea, nice run. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

I just bought it last week, AT, and this was our 2nd camping trip in it. I bought it from a guy in Salt Lake that builds them. We really love it. Damn thing weighs 600 pounds and fits two trail runners and two pointers. So I guess you could say it's the perfect size.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Wow- stunning country!  I'm a pussy in the heat, I'm 100% sure I'd have turned around w/ an empty bladder 

is that a TAB teardrop?  my DW and I are looking at getting a small teardrop, we don't mind spartan when camping and looks like you can get them into just about anywhere

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

is that a TAB teardrop?  my DW and I are looking at getting a small teardrop, we don't mind spartan when camping and looks like you can get them into just about anywhere

It's not, but we looked at them. This one is custom made locally. If you use a trailer for camping and you don't really want to experience the shit that happens outside, then a big trailer is definitely needed. If you go camping because you love to be outside, a trailer like this is all you would ever need.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Yeah we don't (won't ) be doing the big trailer thing   Was your custom comparable in price to the TABs?  I found out they aren't exactly giving away the TAB trailers

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

The TAB trailers range from $8000 to $20000, and I paid $4000 for mine. It certainly gets a lot of interest. I should collect a commission for all the people I've sent to this guy. I can't tow it down the road without people rolling windows down at a red light to ask about it.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Kelly - I'd take his name if you don't mind, for that kind of savings we'd gladly take a drive to Utah 

Mike

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

Kelly - I'd take his name if you don't mind, for that kind of savings we'd gladly take a drive to Utah 

Mike

Steve- (801) 842-9093

He likes to text and is usually quick to respond.

some call me Tim

Also- great report, and thanks for the pics of landscapes I rarely get to see! Looking forward to following you from afar at WS.

Sandy-2

Congrats Kelly.  Yeah, I never listen when people say that the finish (or next aid station) is 'very' close.  Bullshit !!!

Sounds like you are ready for WS. Hope you have been doing a lot of downhill stuff.

tbd.

Daydreamer1

Beautiful country out that way. Hopefully I came run a race out there sometime.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I find having beer at the finish line can either be a detriment or an asset...it always makes me run faster but sometimes too early in the race.  Love Bryce...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations, Kelly, well run! Way to tough out those 1,000 canyon crossings!

I think maybe the little pains in a 50k of never-ending twisty trails, false summits, and relentless ups and downs contribute to mental strength training. It catches you unprepared for such an ordeal, so the effect is even stronger.

Now where's the beer in this RR? Did I miss something?

Run for fun.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Your description of the course makes me want to sign up for next year, then the difficulty of the course daunts me because I've never run anything even approaching half as tough a course in terms of the elevation changes.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.