Trailer Trash

Stormy Saturdaily (Read 34 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

13 miles last night with DS on his bike. He made sure I was not slacking. Wink

Planning on some miles after work today, but chances are it will be a rain run. Oh well, at least it's not cold.

QOTD: pass.

Have a great day, runners, and good luck to our racers!

Run for fun.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Ended up not running yesterday...the "numb" feeling in my foot last sunday I have decided is the start of tendonitis in my foot (big toe, big joint).  Today will be day 3 off.  No running til it feels good (taper for next weekends 5k?).

QOTD:  pass also...I got nothing.

**Ask me about streaking**

Snowdenrun

Morning!

26.2 day. Sipping on my coffee now.

FTYC- I just imagine your DS on a bike with a whip shouting everything from Animal House ROCT scene "You're a goddamned disgrace!" But really I'm sure you enjoyed the time with DS!

Jamazilla- My toes frequently goes numBlack eyeevery run). Same place, but it's from having bunions I believe. Hope your feet feel better..or feel at all soon. I definitely think you should taper for your next 5k. I have an awesome carbo loading plan you can buy for only $19.99. I took it to a whole new level. Big grin

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Good luck Snowden

muppy

Plan on  5 or so after work, just need to find the time.

Good luck snowden! (And anyone else racing)

Chnaiur

8 in the park today.

Wow: so I get to ask QOTD! That hasn't happened since I was on European time!

QOTD: Do you wear compression socks or sleeves?

I do, and I love them! I started saying "only on 2+ hour runs", but now I'm using them whenever I have a clean pair. They are also great for flying. An added bonus is that they really embarrass my wife.

Good Luck all racers!

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

QOTD: I own a pair of calf sleeves.  I use them to hold ice packs in place when that needs to happen.  When I do use them for running it is more for warmth on days that are in between tights and shorts.  I might deck myself out in some InkNBurn calf/arm sleeves for this winter.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon runners,

I got up at 5:00 to get 20 in before the Cape Cod traffic kicked in,  I did 12 and called it. My feet

were killing me bc of trying new shoes, they didn't work, and calf pain was too much. Kinda

sucks bc everything else was fine, great weather, plenty of fluids, trails all to myself. Oh well.

Good luck, snowden, pretty sure this will be your first 26.2. Knock em dead.

QOTD: No, but I want to try calf sleeves. I'm thinking hot pink is a good color.

Watoni

Planning on just hitting the trails and seeing how I feel. Hopefully 90-120 minutes easy-ish with some hills

QOTD: I have one pair of short compression socks. I like them but generally wear toe socks.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Wee bit over 6 with my muttly Earl.  Saw a doe on the trail.

Snowdenrun: Good luck.

QOTD: No but on long, long runs I get wee bits of cramping in my calves.  Will this solve it or are they just to help with recovery.  They are quite goony Chnaiur.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Good Afternoon everyone. Got out of work late this morning, came home and went to bed. Just got up and now have a on line test to take. After that's done I think I'll go out for a 8-10 mile run on the dirt roads.

QOTD:  No calf sleeves for me. I've never had any problems with my calves while running. Several years ago while training hard on the bike I would wake up with cramps in the middle of the night. If that would happen again I'd try them for that.

moonlightrunner

Got up at 0400 for a whopping 3 miler before work on the road. Would have done a trail...but my head lamp and handheld are not bright enough. I find roads painful. But my pup and I enjoyed the quiet dark of early am.

Qotd: no.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Chnaiur

QOTD: No but on long, long runs I get wee bits of cramping in my calves.  Will this solve it or are they just to help with recovery.  They are quite goony Chnaiur.

I think it could be worth a try. I don't think that much about them, but once in a while I think "Wait, my calves don't feel like they usually do at this point in the run.". I think the best way to describe it is absence of discomfort.

And yeah, I know they are goony. But they go real well with my tie-dyed headband. ;-)

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Finally, got home after a long crazy day at work, and a kids' birhtday party. First time to sit down, except for in the car for 2 minutes here, 3 minutes there (in between the 4 errands on the 10-minute drive home). Now that feels good! Approve

QOTD: No, but I still remember the compression knee-highs from my last pregnancy. I might wear them on my runs... Big grin

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

Gorgeous day here, you guys should all just move here!  Big grin Kinda slept in then lounged around drinking my coffee before heading out for a long run at Gov. Dodge state park. Big mistake. By the time I got there it was overrun with touron's. Even back in on the trails were wide bodied families day hiking--good for them but don't they know those are my trails and I want them to myself??  Even had one woman warn me to be careful as up ahead it was real muddy. NICE.Roll eyes  Gotta get my butt up and out a lot earlier next time. Anyway I was able to cruise thru a 16 miler and felt pretty good. Tired now though and my daughter is trying to get me to go road biking now.

QOTD--No.