Trailer Trash

Another Muggy Monday (Read 28 times)

LB2

I did 5 this morning. I'll probably do 5 more after work.

QOTD: What was your mileage for August?

About 190 for me. I was planning about 175ish, but I was hoping for 200. It did not happen, but I do plan 200+ for Sept. and October. Nevertheless, July and August were good training months for me with 175 in July and 190ish in August. I do my best running in the 170 to 200 mile per month range. It seems to be plenty to get me where I am going on race day, most of the time comfortably.

LB2

Occasional Runner

5 easy this morning with the pups. I even slept in an extra hour. It was nice and cool this morning after a storm rolled through last night.

QOTD: 330 for the month and 2797 for the year. On track for another 4000 mile year, unless some bad shit happens.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I did not quite get in the run I wanted yesterday but did get some in at the gym.  Legs are feeling strong so this is what counts the most for me right now.

QOTD: If I can get in a run today on the short variety, I will be just over 130.  I had hoped for a bit more but I had taken a "3 day weekend" off of running in there.  I think I operate best in the 120-160 miles per month range.  I hope to get about 150 for September and evaluate how I feel.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Good morning all... no run yet today. Likely something in the 7-8 mile range tonight. Ran a couple of double digits runs this weekend but nothing long. About 10.5 Saturday at French Creek, and 10.5 yesterday at Coventry Woods. I started late yesterday about 10am and it was humid and hot but I had a good run. Better than Saturday's slog that is for sure. Saturday night went up to Dorney Park and road roller coasters all evening. No hands on Steel Force still laughing like an idiot. My wife says I'm still a kid.

QOTD: 232 so far not counting tonight's run. 2 races... one ultra (a 6 hour event) and one trail 5k.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Traveled for a run yesterday and went down to Hashawa Park in Westminster, MD for our long run.  They do a 50k there every February and I always wanted to run there.  Some nice trails but terrible signs.  Many loops and the so we did a lot of sections twice to find our way around.  Funny how some parks mark their trails.  In my mind, there should always be a perimeter trail marked and then you can add spurs with different colors.

blarg - congrats on that speedy time in your 50k. Nice job.

QOTD:  308K.  (I'm using kilometers since I was just short of my 200 mile goal for the month and it sounds more impressive. )

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

DigDug2

Ran 11 last night on trails/roads - didn't realize how much earlier it's getting dark and didn't bring illumination, so had some fun sections racing to get out of the woods and onto the road before it got really dark.  Will get in 6-7 this afternoon, probably on the TM because humidity.

QOTD:  Will go over 200 with today's run - pretty much as planned.  (Question based on AT's self-serving conversion to metric:  do runners who exclusively use the metric system still refer to their "mileage"?  I'm pretty sure I've never heard "kilometerage", and I'm not coming up with a suitable alternative off the top of my head.)

NHLA

8 early miles this morning.

qotd  236 miles.  Been running 200 miles per week for years. It makes me feel better at the end of a race.

muppy

Got in an easy 5 miles last night. Legs were a bit sore because I was cutting and loading firewood for a few hours.

QOTD 102.2 for the month.  Someday I'll get back to where I want to be.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All!  Happy to report that we are cleared of smoke this morning, not sure how long it will last, but it's very nice. Rode my bike to work, will strength train this evening and keeping my fingers crossed for a clear day tomorrow for a run outdoors.

Qotd: 99 miles, my lowest in quite a while- did have 70-ish miles backpacking though 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Watoni

SRD probably for me today .... want to exercise but probably some core/rehab work.

QOTD: a paltry 65, but before that it was 5 in the last 3 months

some call me Tim

wow, lots of great mileage out there (and yeah, for a couple of ya it's wonderful to see you're on the road back!)

maybe I'll get a couple more miles in later... a little sore today but feeling good.

qotd: 203, which is well shy of the goal of 250, but I pretty much got the results I wanted so I'm not gonna cry too much about it

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this weekend although we did a 6 mile hike and we also went for a Mt Bike ride yesterday.   Went to bed early so I would get up and run two hours before work...uummm didn't.   Slept in.     maybe too much sleep because I am sleepy!   Will run tonight.  Going to gym today for upper.

QOTD:  It's 76.2 now but is going to be 82 after tonight.   That's ok think I am going to chill for a while just lost of daily runs and nothing over 2 hours.   Goal 100 per month.

NHLA:   200 miles per week for years now??? yet only  236 for this month.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Got out of work at 8 am, have to be back in by 6 pm. Combine that with having to take care of a few errands and 1 hour each way commute and it all equals out to no run today .  Actually I did wake up earlier than I expected to so I would have had time for a real short run, but decided to give the legs another day of rest.

QOTD: 186.6. Pretty decent and about what I wanted.

LB2

QOTD:  308K.  (I'm using kilometers since I was just short of my 200 mile goal for the month and it sounds more impressive. )

I like the way you think. I am at 306.

LB2

NHLA

No run this weekend although we did a 6 mile hike and we also went for a Mt Bike ride yesterday.   Went to bed early so I would get up and run two hours before work...uummm didn't.   Slept in.     maybe too much sleep because I am sleepy!   Will run tonight.  Going to gym today for upper.

QOTD:  It's 76.2 now but is going to be 82 after tonight.   That's ok think I am going to chill for a while just lost of daily runs and nothing over 2 hours.   Goal 100 per month.

NHLA:   200 miles per week for years now??? yet only  236 for this month.

Sorry typo  200 miles per mo.