Trailer Trash

Freaky Fridaily (Read 15 times)

XtremeTaper

Grey and rainy again this morning, but I shuffled the dogs around the block for a mile. It's such a routine now, that like the postal service we seem to go out every morning regardless.

Last night, 6 miles out at the lake. Grey and rainy, but the heavy stuff from the afternoon had stopped so not too bad. Baker and I shuffled, splashed about a 4 mile loop and I figured what the heck, let's go across the street and do 2 more in the cedar forest. So we did that. Saw many deer last night, more deer than people, including one good size buck. I did not get a long enough glance to count the points.

Will get out for 5-6 tonight at Coventry Woods. Rain should have stopped by then.

QOTD: What is scarier, Halloween or the day after next week's election? Will you be handing out candy this weekend?

Next week is going to be crazy I think. Is our country really that divided or is it just getting played up? Probably a bit of both. Not sure about trick or treaters here. I might pick up a few bags of stuff just in case. I will just set it out in a bowl, self service, but that's what I do anyway.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

took a nice hike up to Mt Helena w/ DW, DD and Tiny E- the trail was packed enough we didn't need snowshoes, but glad we were wearing micro spikes!

strength trained in the afternoon

going to get a few miles in today, might take a short drive and get a little elk hunting this evening- want to scout a spot for this weekend

qotd: we're not handing out any candy this year, hopefully we don't get a 100 kids!  so looking forward to 11/3, the mailers we're getting are filling up our mailbox, political texts and phone calls, every commercial is a political ad and they're getting worse by the day- just end it I say

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got out at lunch after the rain finally stopped. Ran 4+ of tempoish miles. Running a 50k on Sunday.

DD has a basketball game tomorrow, after only 2 official practices. Should be interesting. 

QOTD: Election day and the day(s) after will be horrible. The mailers and texts may stop but the nonsense won't. I am waiting for whatever will be the conspiracy. Have I said before how much I hate politics????

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

I ran an a nice, cool 5 miles this morning. It was about 48* this morning. No running tomorrow. I am going deer hunting.

QOTD: We will be at a Halloween party on Halloween night, nothing scary. I figure if Trump wins some people will go crazy, and if Biden wins, some people will go crazy. I don't know that Biden would know the difference either way. LOL. I actually have no idea how it will turn out, but it will be interesting to watch.

I am not affiliated with either party, but I have been affiliated with both parties in the past. I don't think we are as divided as human beings as it is played up in the media. I probably work with one of the most diverse groups of people that you can imagine, and we all get along quite well. And our views are all across the political spectrum. I am about as middle of the road as you can get: You do and believe what you want and leave me alone. I think most people are like that; these political parties (both of them), the media, and social media are the biggest problems we have in my opinion.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Got in a very nice 7 miles after getting soaked yesterday on a 3 mile run.

QOTD:  Halloween is a non-event for me.  Where I am I've never gotten trick-or-treaters.  Post election day(s) will be much scarier until I'm positive we have a new president.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.