Trailer Trash

Muggy Monday (Read 36 times)

LB2

Rest day. I work until 8 tonight.

QOTD: Given the following two choices, would you rather have a DNS (Did not start) or a DNF (Did not finish)?

I'll take the DNF because it builds more character and teaches you.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Trying to motivate myself for a short trail run on ice before work. I work late today, and the weather is perfect, so I should take advantage of it, but I feel somehow sick to the stomach and can't decide.

So this leads to the

QOTD: Depends on what my condition is. Usually, I'd rather take the DNF, but if I know that I'm sick enough to potentially hurt myself with starting (e.g. having a fever, broken bones or a cast, bronchitis,...), I'll go for a DNS.

So I guess this means I'll have to get my lazy behind out of this chair and get to the trails quick now!

Run for fun.

There wasn't much snow left for our 5 mile trail run this morning. Marley's friend the little deer was waiting for her near the car when we got back. I kept her on leash at that point because I am concerned she might be injured or worse especially since she will follow the deer right onto the nearby road.

QOTD:  DNF, I guess, but it would depend on the circumstances.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Birdwell

Morning!

going out for a few after work.

QOTD: I'm not smart enough to know when to take a DNS, so by default I vote DNF.

Sandy-2

8 easy miles this morning.  My calf strain kind of made a reappearance, it was really more like it stiffened up, so I just kind of "babied it" and jogged it in after about 4 miles (of course at that point I was 4 miles away from home).

I guess that leads me to the qotd...  DNF.  (I was supposed to do 10 this morning.)  Sometimes you don't know you should DNS until after you DNF.

tbd.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

The weather is not cooperating for my last week of running.    Today is going to be the warmest day of the week, so I guess I'll head out after work even though I am mildly sick.  You would think with 6 days left, my motivation to run would be through the roof, but honestly it's just the opposite.

QOTD:  I'll take the DNS.

Running is dumb.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

2.3 with Weston to recover from Saturdays race..13:40 pace

Short RR:

After an epic 9 hour and 21 minute battle across 30 miles of snow, slush, mud, stream crossings and hills, I clinched the coveted DFL award!! (aka 41st place)  Picts on facebook will get posted here eventually..along with a ridiculously long RR.

10 mile splits: 2:36:03, 3:07:35, 3:37:17

QOTD:  DNS.  If I take a DNF that means I've been seriously hurt/dehydrated and will take a long time to recover.  Haven't done either one yet.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Morning,

I ran the Ugly Mudder yesterday, put on by the same folks that do Labor Pains 12HR. There was about a  foot of snow covering the entire course, which goes up and down Mt. Penn 3x. It was quite fun but grueling at the same time. I finished in 1:25, they actually cut the 7.25 miles down to 6.3 because of the brutal conditions. There was a lot of blood in the snow from people falling. The winner only finished in 1:11 because he had to pave the way for everyone else.  Will post a full RR soon....

QOTD: I guess DNS, for similar reasons as jbyram.  But, I do think I'm due for a good DNF one of these days.

sugnim

Good Monday morning all.  We are getting dumped on with snow, so I spent the morning shoveling and didn't get a chance to do the calisthenics routine that I want to start doing each morning.  I did it yesterday, and I'm pretty sore today!

QOTD:  Probably the DNS.  If I get a DNF, it would be for some medical emergency, and I'd rather not have that happen.  I haven't quit or bagged out of a race yet, and I'm hoping to keep it that way.  I've cut some runs short due to not feeling well, but so far I've managed to push through every race no matter how crappy I've felt.  DNF would mean a broken bone, heart attack, or major illness.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I ran 2 miles on Saturday! Felt ok at the time.  Yesterday and today - not so much.  Thinking that maybe yet another round of PT is worth looking into.  This is way beyond frustrating...but very stubborn and I don't want to give up.

TnC - sounds like a tough day but fun.  Can't wait for the RR.  This weekend was gorgeous for running.

QOTD: Like I said I am stubborn.  I have DNS but I am way too stubborn to DNF.  Not to say it couldn't happen.  I would have to practically have a limb falling off to DNF (although it might depend on what limb).  I don't like either but DNS is a bit easier - I think.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Had 2 nice runs while at our place in Chincoteague Island, VA.  Mid 50's with no wind.  My right knee is a bit sore from running on the road, but somehow I don't mind the road while being able to look at beautiful scenery.

T&C - I was wondering about the race.  That's a slow winning time for even the 7.25 mile course, so conditions must have been a real slogfest.  Sorry I missed it this year.

QOTD:  I've never DNF'd running (did once in an adventure race due to a concussion), so I'd say DNS.  I DNS'd 2 races last year due to illness and although I was sorry I missed them, it was the right call.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

I'm finally feeling 95% now. I had a really great run this morning and I really needed it. I was beginning to think my legs would never come back to me. My weight is coming back up but my eating habits still aren't right. I should be feeling great in another day or two.

QOTD: Good timing on that question! I had to make that decision over the weekend. I knew I wasn't in any condition to be running an ultra but I didn't want to DNS. I chose to start the race and had Jo ready to pick me up at a predetermined spot. I ran the trail and enjoyed every bit of it. When I got to Jo, I hopped in the car and went to the finish line to cheer for everybody. I'm glad I made that choice.

jonferg67

Endless trails

TT: that's pretty cool the deer coming back to hang with Marley.

My weekend was a crappy mess of several failed attempts at running trails. Saturday, I set

out for 20 and had one problem after another, starting with breaking through the ice during

my first mile and running in numb feet. Then Sunday I drove 30 mins only to find the trail still

covered in ice/snow, I did a few miles anyway, then drove to another trail and got a few more

miles. This is bogus, man!! so sick of dealing with icy/snowy trails. The microspikes work great

though.

QOTD: I'm intimately familiar with the DNF, now my ego just needs a DFL to push me over the edge and

switch to mountain-biking, or better yet-barefoot running.

AT-runner

Tim

I clinched the coveted DFL award!! (aka 41st place)  

I'm an optimist, so I'd say "I was just shy of finished in the top 40".  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all,

Damn JByram...I was thinking about you do that race this weekend.  You're a braver man than I.  Congrats on getting the finish...must have been brutal.

I believe I will be running this evening.  I went out for a 20 miler (sidewalks) on Saturday, which turned into 14 miles and some walking because I was getting a weird tendonitisy feeling in my foot.  I took the day off yesterday...should be a test run tonight.

QOTD: I'll take a DNF because it's probably a better story.  Either way would be due to an injury.  I don't know that I have a wise DNS for non-injury reasons in me.

**Ask me about streaking**