Trailer Trash

Foxy Thursdaily (Read 18 times)

runtraildc

Morning folks. Had an early start to the day with a 5:15 am swim practice for a kiddo. His HS team starts this week and he has to make one am practice a week. It's his usual pool so I know the many road and trail options.  I convinced a friend to join me and we got in just over 3 miles.  Her lab mix was a bit confused, but quite happy to figure out it was a run! In the dark! early in the morning! I'm out of the habit of being an early morning runner, but if I can at least convince my friend to bring her dog for me to take along, I hopefully will get back in the routine. At least once a week.

How is it a foxy day? Well, I saw a fox cross the road in front of us and I haven't seen one in a while. One of my favorite critters to see on a run, and it's not a common sighting for me.  though I'm sure they see me at a much higher rate than I see them.

qotd: Favorite critter you see on your runs? See above. It's foxes. Second runner up are the pileated woodpeckers. I only see them here in the winter and only deep in the woods.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I thought maybe you were jamming out to Jimi Hendrix, runtrail.  Smile

I managed to run/walk 4 miles last night.  Hamstring still is screwed up, but whatever.

QOTD: We see a lot of turkeys, deer, and squirrels around here.  I've only seen a fox once.  I see better birds on my bike rides -- sandhill cranes, blue herons, the occasional bald eagle, etc.  I like the big birds best.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

back among the living- norovirus + no fun 

hope to get a short hike in this evening

qotd: my rarest sighting was a lion, but also a wee bit unnerving    I regularly see deer on my runs, some elk, have seen a couple of bobcats, lots of various birds, red squirrels, rabbits, coyotes, an occasional fox- I like seeing them all.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I ran 6+ last night.  Tonight might be the same.

DC - what a coincidence.  On Saturday - mid afternoon, I saw a fox cross our back yard as I was standing at the sink. We live in a neighborhood - lots of homes.  I quickly booked it to the front to see it continue through our yard and through the neighbors.  We do have a woodsy area up the street next to the creek and I have seen some in there in the past.  But never in broad daylight.  Does that mean something that it was out in the day?  And then last night I am running down a dark street in my hood (right next to the woodsy area) and was pretty sure I saw a fox scamper across the street.  I like foxes too - they are a good looking animal even if they don't stand around long enough to get a good look.

Mandy - screw the hamstring!!!!

Sorry to hear that Warden - feel better!

QOTD: See above.  And it never fails that I always see many deer on my trail runs.  Never fails.  I have long said that if I could figure out how to carry a rifle (or bow) on my back while running, I would be a great hunter.  The deer don't usually run far from me and I would have a great shot.  But then I would have to figure out how to pull the deer our a few miles to my car .

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Running 5 days per week right now: M,W,F,S,Su. So, today is a rest day. It is super foggy down here right now. This entire fall has been unusually humid.

QOTD: My favorite thing to see is turkeys. I rarely see them right by my house, but I have a few routes that I normally see them. Or if I don't, I certainly see some feathers or tracks. I see lots of rabbits, armadillos, squirrels, deer, and I have a couple of foxes that hang pretty close around the house. Once in awhile, I will see a coyote.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Muppy - hey I will be in the Mt Gretna area tomorrow.  Are there any local trails to run there? Or between there and Harrisburg along 322?

Daydreamer1

Pretty nice day around here. Just chilly enough that I won't be able to run in shorts but sunny enough to be pretty nice.  Planning on about 6-7 miles. Trying to get back into running on a regular basis.

Warden - Eating at Chipotle? That stuff will kill you .

QOTD: My favorite by far is bears.  They're just so cute and cuddly it makes me want to snuggle up to one .  Unfortunately I haven't seen one this year yet.  I will occasionally see a fox but that is rarer then seeing bear.  There is one place where I will see Mr Porky the porcupine. He comes out onto the road to lick at something. Since it's a dirt road that doesn't even get plowed in the winter I'm not sure what the attraction is. Most of the time they are after salt but I doubt there is any there unless someone spilled something at one time.

AT-runner

Tim

I had an early run today. DW and I got on the trails at sunrise. Nice cool breeze and crunchy leaves. Trees are bare now, and all the leaves are down just in time for the JFK50 this weekend. DW finished after 4 miles and went to work and I ran for a total of 7 or so.

Some glitches yesterday, but no too bad with software change. I'm happy to be on the new system after a 3 month transition.  If I need to change again, I think I'll just retire.  As expected, my older staff was more resistant than the younger staff.  In a week or so, they'll be just fine.

QOTD:  Saw 2 Cougars in Southern Utah.

And a Moose in Northern Utah (Park City)

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

Muppy - hey I will be in the Mt Gretna area tomorrow.  Are there any local trails to run there? Or between there and Harrisburg along 322?

http://www.parkatgovernordick.org/

I run at Governor Dick a lot, has close to 20 miles of trails or you can follow the Horse shoe trail across from the entrance to the the park. There’s a lot of side trails off the Horseshoe that you can do out and back on.

8.5 miles yesterday, felt pretty good for once!

QOTD we have a bunch of red foxes around here. I saw one with a deer leg in his mouth awhile ago, not something you see everyday.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Yes! That is what I was thinking of but could not think of the name.  That is super close to where I will be tomorrow.  I am feeling a lunch break run coming on tomorrow! Thanks muppy!

http://www.parkatgovernordick.org/

I run at Governor Dick a lot, has close to 20 miles of trails or you can follow the Horse shoe trail across from the entrance to the the park. There’s a lot of side trails off the Horseshoe that you can do out and back on.

8.5 miles yesterday, felt pretty good for once!

QOTD we have a bunch of red foxes around here. I saw one with a deer leg in his mouth awhile ago, not something you see everyday.

XtremeTaper

Perhaps a short run with the Lady along the lake today. I need to head up to a clinic for some work related tests to prove I am not diseased and or contagious and the clinic happens to be on the road that goes by the reservoir. So a few miles this afternoon will be the plan. Hopefully the knee is not to whonky. It seemed to be doing better but a bit creaky this week.

QOTD: Blue herons. I love seeing them fly low across the lake.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

QOTD: See above.  And it never fails that I always see many deer on my trail runs.  Never fails.  I have long said that if I could figure out how to carry a rifle (or bow) on my back while running, I would be a great hunter.  The deer don't usually run far from me and I would have a great shot.  But then I would have to figure out how to pull the deer our a few miles to my car .

Have a great day!

https://tabgear.configio.com/pd/894?source=search&diid=896#Detail

I, too, have considered this. I am actually still considering it for a shotgun during the spring. Dealing with a dead turkey is much simpler and faster than dealing with a dead deer.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Jamie - enjoy your run at the Dick Trust!! There is a huge observation tower, phalanx up at the top of hill of the Dick Trust. Haha.

<label></label>

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

https://tabgear.configio.com/pd/894?source=search&diid=896#Detail

I, too, have considered this. I am actually still considering it for a shotgun during the spring. Dealing with a dead turkey is much simpler and faster than dealing with a dead deer.

that would garner a look or two- even in Montana 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Got up and did 5 this morning.  As LB2 said, it was really foggy and humid today.

qotd: I see a lot of things on my usual runs; all sorts of waterfowl, rabbits, hogs, raccoons, opossums, snakes, etc. but my favorites are armadillos (they are just so weird) and owls (usually I only hear them).

tbd.