Trailer Trash

Wet to Dry Weekendailies (Read 19 times)

Daydreamer1

Starting off cool, cloudy and dripping rain here but tomorrow is supposed to be mostly sunny.  Finishing up some of my work from home stuff today then I'll hit the roads for a easy run.  I could really get used to working from home. Right now I gt to do 4 hours every two weeks from the house. Really nice.  Looking at doing about 5 miles unless the ankle cooperates better than yesterday.  Had to alter my gym routine yesterday because my foot was sore and it was irritated by carrying weights around.

Speaking of the gym and weights, when I started lifting again in November I made it my goal to bench press 225 lbs at least three times by the end of March. I made it to 185 lbs 7 times.  The three main problems were that I started off much weaker than I though I was, a two week vacation and I'm at least 3 years older than the last time I was in the gym . The gains come slower. I'll get to 225 by the end of the year.

QOTD: Injuries, niggles and the such.  Where are you at with them?

I have this issue in my right hip that I've been dealing with and the Dr doesn't want to address. Some pain in the joint, some in the lower abdomen and some in the groin including in the boys at times. Had this before many years ago and it's from an infection that only affects us guys.  Hasn't affected my running too much and actually may be from multiple issues. Ok that may have been TMI  so I'll move down lower.

Took a long run up on the mountain on Friday and in my stupid wisdom I used my most minimalist shoes, Asics Gel Scouts. Had two very slight ankle rolls and bruised my left foot.  That's what was bothering me yesterday. Today it feels much better.  For awhile I had some left shoulder pain when benching but that has went away.

runtraildc

Got in 5 this morning with the group, then lots of time pushing a wheelbarrow full of mulch. Also stretched the hamstrings weeding. Still have lots to do, maybe only half done. It was an all around gorgeous day here. Tomorrow looks to be the same.

qotd: nothing (knock on wood).

NorthernHarrier

Quiet times it appears. After getting DD to the airport I headed to the Kettle Moraine and did 18.2 miles on the Ice Age trail. Had hoped to do 20 but the relentless roller coaster that is that trail there eventually took it's toll on an old and out of shape guy.  Binged at Culvers on my way home.  After a beer or three I'll bask in a hot shower then look for more to eat. 

QOTD--My achilles is feeling great but I know I still have to be cautious on pushing the hills and paying attention to how it feels. More knocking on wood, everything else is great.

Sandy-2

Went to the memorial ride/run today, an informal ride/run on the trails followed by a BBQ and a tree planting.  Also a fundraiser for the kids future college funds.  DD didn't feel like riding so she ran a 7 mi loop with me.  Then she stayed in camp as she was one of the organizers while went out on a different loop for an additional 5 mi.  Really nice trails, but a bit too much sand in places.  I also accomplished my goal of contributing without bringing anything home from the silent auction.  

Today was sunny and warm, but tonight we'll have thunderstorms and tornado warnings, tomorrow is supposed to be a washout.  So we'll be more like "dry to wet".

DD, that doesn't sound like something to let go, maybe a 2nd opinion is in order.

qotd: my lower back is still giving me trouble, but it is ok while running.  But it's like having a governor not letting me run relaxed and not able to pick it up speed-wise.

tbd.

LB2

Hunted this morning and covered about 4 miles, packing more crap than anyone needs. I'll start shedding gear pretty soon. Then, I did some weed eater work on about two miles of trail this afternoon. I'll run another 6 in the AM before church and see if I can hear this turkey gobble across the road from my house. I'm just sort of goofing off in the woods right now.

QOTD: All systems are "GO" right now.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got 16 miles of snowshoeing in w/ a 20-ish lb pack; was supposed to be 20 and bagging Stuart Peak, but it was not meant to be- too much snow, too soon

still a great day and some great training for the Bob Open

this sign is about 6' high , but not today

qotd: knock on wood for me too- all systems go

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

12 miles sat. Estatoe _ Art Lobe trails. 2001' climb. The last foot gets you. Took a bad fall. Rt. knee landed hard on a rock. Hurt like hell but I'm OK just a little sore.

qotd  everything is OK

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 6 yesterday and well it felt like shit!  Plan was 14 today but after yesterday I am saying fuck it and going MT bike with the old man.

QOTD:  my frigging archilles is killing me!!! In yesterdays run my opposite hip hurt... thinking from compensating for my heel.  Not a happy cammper right now.

Nice pictures warden... your looking good.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

well thanks Sue! 

got a quick 5-ish mile run in today; amazing how stripping off a 20 lb pack and snowshoes will do to make you feel light on your feet 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

12 yesterday, 7.8 today.  Sunshiny weekend here on the coast, which brings lots of tourists and traffic so I'm staying off the roads.  Spring cleaning, laundry, and yard work on tap for the rest of the day.

QOTD: I have a toenail that's been on the verge of falling off for a few weeks now.  That's about the most annoying thing going on at the moment.  No real complaints, and trying to keep it that way.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

NHLA

4 miles  Eagle rock. Sore but OK after 1st mile.

NorthernHarrier

A little tired with sore quads today. Did some stretching, core, and weights then off to the Arb for 5.7.  Realized today as I was trotting around in there that I moved back to Madison 30 years ago and have been running in there since.  While not my favorite place around here to run it's pretty nice and really convenient. Not real happy that over the years they have closed off maybe 5-6 miles worth of single track though. Oh well.

QOTD:  my frigging archilles is killing me!!! 

I know you probably have tried them but I'll still mention it--Eccentric heel drops! They have been my single biggest treatment once I lost the brace and had the required time off. I do a few other exercises and stretches along with a roller but the heel drops are what really work. 2-3 times per day at 3 sets each of about 15. Straight legged and slightly bent at the knee. Make sure to use the good leg to lift back up. I have done them everyday for 9 weeks and I think they have saved my running.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Mt bike tide didn't hurt my heel at alll . I am going to take your advice Northern...got to do something.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄