Trailer Trash

Throwback Thursdaily (Read 29 times)

Occasional Runner

5 easy miles with the pup. Mostly hiking, really. It's warm here but a storm is getting ready to roll in. Snow and rain!

QOTD: What are your weekend running plans?

All set for more of this...

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Another bike commute to work.  This time with a big tub of hummus and pita chips in my backpack for a work pot luck.

QOTD:  Running...plans?  Wherever the wind takes me, man.  Good luck, Kelly!

Running is dumb.

DigDug2

Easy 5 this a.m.

QOTD:  nothing big, couple of 6-10 mile runs.  May volunteer at a local trail 10k on Sunday.

runtraildc

Yoga today for me.  Maybe a short run or hike.  It has been raining here for the last 12 hours and although we needed it, I don't feel inspired to go out into it.

qotd:  A road race. Yep, that's right.  It supports a good cause and it is held at the Dogfish brewery near the shore out here. Very good post-race beer.

LB2

I'll do about 5 miles of climbing after work. I don't mean 5 vertical miles, probably only about 2700 to 3000 feet of gain. I noticed my knee sort of acting a little wonky on last night's run. So, I'll make sure I do something that shortens my stride and works on my climbing legs. As always, it seems like after a run over 40 miles I have an initial burst of strength and energy followed after a few days with some nagging little niggle. I'll just have to be careful. I can't do much as much to help my fitness in the next 30 days as I can to hurt my fitness in the next 30 days by getting injured or pushing too hard. The hay is pretty much in the barn at this point, just some fine tuning now.

Good luck, Kelly. Bring a rain jacket...

QOTD: I'll probably get in about 30 to 40 miles of night running over the weekend. At least 25 of that will be Saturday night around the track with Ed Melancon for the CF Benefit we are having in town. He'll run 24 hours, but I have a bunch of mayoral duties to take care of during the day. So, it is a big weekend.

LB2

Occasional Runner

QOTD: I'll probably get in about 30 to 40 miles of night running over the weekend. At least 25 of that will be Saturday night around the track with Ed Melancon for the CF Benefit we are having in town. He'll run 24 hours, but I have a bunch of mayoral duties to take care of during the day. So, it is a big weekend.

Burke- Tell Ed Melancon that I have no plans to push hard at Cajun Coyote and that I'll probably run it as a slow training run. I may even drop down to the 100k...because I don't really care if I even finish.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Didn't run because I did 5  in the concrete jungle yesterday and have no interest in doing it again.

Qotd:  heading to Michigan so Vasa trail and Sands Lake Quiet area...hopefully some beautiful fall colors.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

9 fast miles yesterday, and it was a lot of fun.

Trying to head out soon again. A bottle of wine spoiled an earlier run - no, I did not drink it, it was stored on a top shelf in our closet and fell down. Lots of cleanup... 

QOTD: no plans. Football weekend and work, always a crazy combination!

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

I ran a really nice 9 last night. First real run since my 50k. My quads were protesting by the end...but overall I did OK.

Qotd: I am hoping for back to back long runs...both early morning.  I am thinking 14 and 10.  Tonight I will just run 4ish.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I ran a really nice 9 last night. First real run since my 50k. My quads were protesting by the end...but overall I did OK.

Qotd: I am hoping for back to back long runs...both early morning.  I am thinking 14 and 10.  Tonight I will just run 4ish.

It's customary to rest after a big race, you know   Don't let people like lace_up fool you.

Running is dumb.

Watoni

A few chill miles after dropping the boys off at school before work .... some rain overnight so got to get a bit muddy finally!

QOTD: cycling Saturday (Knoxville Double Century -- it is in Norcal, not TN), probably a "recovery" ride up Old la Honda road with the gang Sunday morning and an easy 6-10 mile run on the local trails Sunday pm if everything goes to plan.

Hey Lace, good luck this weekend! Beat Bryon Powell and Anna Frost, would ya?

Sandy-2

I have a PT appointment this afternoon, they are going to try and strengthen my shoulder and fix up the tendentious.  I've heard two camps on tendentious, one says PT the other says complete rest.  I know the PT guy really well since I went to him for my other shoulder a few years ago and my DD went to him for her ankle.  (He does Triathlons, we made a deal that I'd do an Ironman when he does a 50 miler, but we haven't got it together yet.)  Anyway, he's a straight shooter and he'll tell me what he thinks.

I hope to run about 5 mi afterward, if my shoulder isn't killing me.

qotd: probably do a pair of 10 milers.  Getting ready for the move is in full swing. A little under 3 weeks to go.

tbd.

LB2

Burke- Tell Ed Melancon that I have no plans to push hard at Cajun Coyote and that I'll probably run it as a slow training run. I may even drop down to the 100k...because I don't really care if I even finish.

Okay. Then, I will plan on drinking more beer at the S/F or try to get Nathan through the 100 miles.

LB2

moonlightrunner

It's customary to rest after a big race, you know.?   Don't let people like lace_up fool you.

Yeah...well...sometimes my aspirations are greater than my actual miles run. I will see what actually gets run .

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

5.5 road miles, just a mind-free (not mindless) trot along the road on a separate, paved bike path. It was a new section of bike path for me, and I liked it, as I had purposely chosen the road for a change in scenery.

My boys don't have school tomorrow, and I'm off work, so we might go on a picnic, or a bike/run trip.

Good luck, Kelly, and to all our racers and pacers! Fun days for the volunteers, too!

Run for fun.