Trailer Trash

the over the humpdaily (Read 18 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got in a quick 4 miles this morning, headlamp about half of it- days are definitely shortening

qotd: next race/event/adventure?  I have the Elkhorn 23k August 5th and the following weekend the Bridger Ridge Run- I'm afraid I'm going to have to take it fairly easy on the Elkhorn, the Bridger Ridge Run is brutal

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Nice weather here for July. 70's and overnight cool enough to give the AC a break. No run today but will do weights and such at planet of fitness and dog walking. Did run 6 last night at Coventry Woods. Puzzled about my left knee. Still a crappy slow plod of a run but I had only minor aches in the left knee. I think my aggressive self massage/foam rolling is starting to work out some of the quadricep tendinitis kinks, as I felt less discomfort up there above the knee. It's sort of sad but I am becoming an expert on what part of my knee hurts and why.

QOTD: Well I am on the list for something in November but not sure how that will pan out. I will make a decision sometime in Sept/October on that one.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I did a 5 mile run with some strength training (Crossfit, you ask? NO!!!). It was pretty muggy and felt sluggish, but I kept it under 10 minute per mile pace without too much effort, just running comfortably.

QOTD: I have Pinhoti in November. I'll try to keep the same mindset as I had on my run this morning, just run comfortably. I'm trying very hard to keep things light and fun and not get too involved in time goals and things like that. I may run a 1/2 marathon in December, and I can try to go fast there.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Rest today.

My Photobucket account is still working. What problems are you guys having?

QOTD:  Nothing planned now. Was going to do Labor Pains 12 Hr, but don't think I'll go just to run a lap or two. DW has a trip for work and I might tag along.  A friend wants to do the quad state AT run in the fall.  He's never done it, and wants to have me tag along (lie you can get lost running on the AT).  It's a nice run and depending where we start it's anywhere from 44-48 miles. PA, MD, WV and into VA on the AT.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jonferg67

Endless trails

I had the same low energy issue this morning as yesterday, felt like

that low blood sugar feeling I'm familiar with. I'm holding out the

possibility of running tonight after work. I'm feeling a little guilty; I'm

not injured, no real health issues, just a slump I guess. Meanwhile, people

like AT are injured and chompin at the bitt to get back running, or XT running

through a knee issue. What's that saying about comparisons being nefarious?
            I'm not sure why I don't compare myself to the 85% or Americans that are unable
            to run a mile without stopping.

QOTD: I had a tentative trail 16 miler this weekend but I didn't commit to it. Still

planning to tag along with Jamie for a 50k in Nov.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Photobucket isn't closing accounts, but they are "shutting off" any photos you have posted or going to post. If you want them to "turn them on" you now have to pay $400 a year for what used to be free.

You will see a lot of this in numerous forums

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

I think that for the first time in my life I got poison Oak . I was weed whacking a heavy patch of it and since I never get it I was in short sleeves. Then right before the race I got a small rash on my right wrist. Yesterday I got a huge rash over both legs which is weird because I had heavy jeans on while I was doing it and that was 5 days ago . Anyway I took 50 mg of Benadryl right before bed time and about two hours later woke up extremely tired  but my legs were all jumpy and the rest of my body was too tense to let me sleep. I was like WTF is going on.  Finally got back to sleep after about a hour.

Now it's off to mow lawn and tackle more poison and dead trees. After that It will be a bike ride of 20-30 miles then DD wants to take me out for Mexican food for Fathers day. Yea I know, that was a long time ago but welcome to our f'ed up schedules

QOTD: Nothing concrete. I'd like to do the Rosaryville 50k. That's down in Maryland. It all depends on things like my BIL's health, my training, and maybe even hunting season. I'll wait until the last moment to sign up for it.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Got out a little late so we ran 3 miles...working on consistency.    Gym at lunch...I am trying to go Mon through Friday everyday for lunch.  I only work out for 30 minutes.  M W F I do weights, T and Th I do Pilates.

QOTD:  08/05 is Sierra Crest 50K which was suppose to be a training run for my 08/19 50 miler but now is just a 50k run before another 50K run.  Going to MI for the second run and looking forward to going to Marquette again (my college town) and see the picture rocks.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Jon is it wrong that I was actually thinking this morning that I might run more miles than AT and XT this month due to their injuries? 

Meanwhile, people

like AT are injured and chompin at the bitt to get back running, or XT running

through a knee issue. What's that saying about comparisons being nefarious?
                    I'm not sure why I don't compare myself to the 85% or Americans that are unable
                    to run a mile without stopping.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

from poison ivy??  that seems weird.

. Anyway I took 50 mg of Benadryl right before bed time and about two hours later woke up extremely tired  but my legs were all jumpy and the rest of my body was too tense to let me sleep. I was like WTF is going on.  Finally got back to sleep after about a hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Jon is it wrong that I was actually thinking this morning that I might run more miles than AT and XT this month due to their injuries? 

Ooooh- I never even thought of that; there was a $100 wager for the month of July wasn't there? 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

6.5 miles today, SRD yesterday.

DD, weird that you just became sensitive to poison oak.  I've been immune to it my whole life, and I'll be sad if that changed since I run in a lot of places where it's prevalent.

Queen, I vaguely recall Scrapster might be doing that race in Marquette?  If so, say hi from me.

Mt Warden, what is this wager of which you speak?

QOTD: White River 50 miler in WA on 8/5.  My 2nd 50 miler, after DNF at Lake Sonoma in April.  Might have bitten off more than I can chew but I guess I'll find out...

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Mt Warden, what is this wager of which you speak?

a couple of months ago (I think Queen has the exact date) AT and XT challenged Queen and I to a mileage race for the month of July. AT and XT's total mileage against ours. I can't remember if it was a $100 a piece or together. Either way Queen and I accepted the challenge.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

jonferg67

Endless trails

You're devious, taking advantage of these older guys.

muppy

10.7 miles on the rail trail yesterday.

I saw an elderly gentleman riding a bike with an oxygen hose and tank, that's impressive!

QOTD  I don't have anything planned, I am still fighting foot issues.