Trailer Trash

Warming Wednesday (Read 28 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Skipping my lunch run and will go out tonight and run with the Gettysburg Beer Runners.  Warming up here the next few days.  Upper 80's now and mid 90's for tomorrow.  I'm panning on a really early run tomorrow to avoid the heat and sun.

QOTD: What is your #1 Bucket list run/race?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Rest today for me.  I hope to get out early tomorrow for a good run.

QOTD: I have too many on my list but my list is not really realistic.  Having said that, I absolutely want to do a 100 and complete it.  I don't have a front runner race for that but just to complete one.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

I got a little over 4 this morning in the dark. My dark eyes or dark legs are coming back to me much quicker than I thought they would yesterday. It was a stumbling, bumbling mess on the same trail. This morning was quite smooth and much faster. Of course, the weather was a little cooler and less humid this morning. I did not feel sluggish at all.

QOTD: I have already done my "bucket" list or "must do" race last year at Pinhoti. However, there are other things I want to do that are important to me. I would like to run a fast 100 miler (Fast being defined as sub 24). I have no doubt that I can do that on the right course. I may have that course at a race this fall. I am sure I will run Pinhoti again, but I have decided to run another race a week after it in Fl instead. The terrain is very similar to what I run all the time, and it is an out and back. As far as specific races that I would really like to run, but not what I would call a "bucket list" are as follows:

El Vaquero Loco 50K

The Bear 100

Hardrock

Mogollon Monster 100

Laurel Highlands 70.5

Zane Grey 50

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all!  Went out for a 5-ish mile run this morning and it turned into a 10-ish mile run    Had a nature call (always have paper) about half way into my loop, finished the loop back at the truck only to find out my key fob is missing out of the pocket of my handheld. Panic sets in as I'm on the early shift, back on the trail this time faster, get to the nature call spot don't see the fob, maybe it popped out down the trail further.  Panic really set in now and faster running (and scanning) no fob!  I'm about to bust the window out and remember a long time ago stashing a door key. I check, can't find the door key, grab the rock and decide to check one more time for the hi hide-a-key, I reach way under and feel something with the tip of your finger- it's the key!  Hurry home, shower and out the door. Phew!

qotd: top of my list is 2-3 day run around the Wonderland Trail 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

9 in the mountains, it was a lot of fun. Wished I could have gone longer, but chores are calling me back.

Saw a family of Canada geese with 4 or 5 youngs on my way back. Too cute!

QOTD: I was thinking about this while running today. I wish I could do Hardrock 100, but that is unrealistic.

Bear 100 is on my list, and Bighorn 100, maybe Western States.

R2R2R, or the Havasu Falls option in Grand Canyon.

Too many runs, too little time and money!

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: I asked because I'm not sure what I want to do next since R2R2R was top on my list.  I've thought about Tahoe Rim trail and have also looked at the Wonderland Trail.  2 kids in Portland made a trip to PNW easy.  Mt. Hood is an area that I love to explore some more.  I've only run there in the winter and it was beautiful.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Going to run with the group after work..unsure how far.  It's raining today...yaaa we need it.

QOTD:  I would like to run the Marquette 50.  Went to school there and hiked (drank) on those trails.  Love Marquette and would to return there.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

some call me Tim

8 today on the road for the first tempo of this cycle. 80 degrees and sunny - it was not the most comfortable run

Last night I got a new item for wierdest things seen on a run. I was barely a half mile in when I came across a guy in his 60's, with overalls and ballcap, sitting on a home-painted ztr mower on the shoulder of the road. The shoulder's wide, but this is a 'country highway' and people generally go about 60mph - and he's just chilling there on the white line, smoking. As I got right up to him, I was enveloped in this cloud of weed and just as I passed he started - hadn't realized I was there till just then.

qotd: The only thing specific I can think of is Hood to Coast. I really like team events. And I'd sure love to run some canyons out west eventually, but shorter term I'd really like to run the Cayuga Trails 50 or the Whiteface Sky Marathon supposing they do well enough to bring it back again next year.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

qotd: The only thing specific I can think of is Hood to Coast. I really like team events. And I'd sure love to run some canyons out west eventually, but shorter term I'd really like to run the Cayuga Trails 50 or the Whiteface Sky Marathon supposing they do well enough to bring it back again next year.

This recently got added to my ever growing list.  Absolutely gorgeous trails!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

No run yesterday, bit we (meaning the missus and both dogs) all went for a 1.5-2 mile walk on the trails at St. Peter's village yesterday. A mix of foot paths and an old rail line that has deteriorated into a rocky path that winds adjacent to and over French Creek with some impressive boulder fields. I like to call this place the graffiti trail. Due to the waterfalls and pools this place is popular with the younger crowd and by the looks of it many like to leave their mark on the rocks.. Well, I'm assuming the younger crowd is doing this art work. Today I will get in a short and easy 5 mile run with the Lady somewhere.

Laurel Higlands forecast for Saturday... 80/64 50% POP. I will take it given this burst into the 90's tomorrow and Friday.

QOTD: I guess I'd like to run Western States once just to see what the fuss is about and also since it's so difficult to get into now. So I will keep running qualifiers to get my tickets and take my chances. Does that make it a bucket list thing? I suppose so.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

SRD. Spending the day at work and it's been busy. You know you're going to be going all day long when you walk in and the off going crew says they didn't do much of anything in the preceding 24 hours. So far it's been almost non-stop.

QOTD: R2R2R. There's many races/runs I'd like to do, but if I could only chose one to do and complete that would be the one.

LB2

I should have added the Bob Marshall Open. That looked like a pretty interesting event to me. I have good land navigation skills, and I have a couple of friends who are interested in doing it.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I should have added the Bob Marshall Open. That looked like a pretty interesting event to me. I have good land navigation skills, and I have a couple of friends who are interested in doing it.

It's a good adventure, in a really rugged and beautiful place with nary a soul around 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Thought for sure  you were going to find the keys in the door lock.

Morning all!  Went out for a 5-ish mile run this morning and it turned into a 10-ish mile run    Had a nature call (always have paper) about half way into my loop, finished the loop back at the truck only to find out my key fob is missing out of the pocket of my handheld. Panic sets in as I'm on the early shift, back on the trail this time faster, get to the nature call spot don't see the fob, maybe it popped out down the trail further.  Panic really set in now and faster running (and scanning) no fob!  I'm about to bust the window out and remember a long time ago stashing a door key. I check, can't find the door key, grab the rock and decide to check one more time for the hi hide-a-key, I reach way under and feel something with the tip of your finger- it's the key!  Hurry home, shower and out the door. Phew!

qotd: top of my list is 2-3 day run around the Wonderland Trail 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

12 miles and some gym time this morning. 6 of my miles were on the road, testing a new pair of Topo Athletic road shoes. I really liked the fit and feel, but they weren't minimalist enough for me. Nice kicks, though!

QOTD: A lot of good races and runs mentioned. I've run a lot of cool stuff and don't have much left on the bucket list. I'll run Western States in a couple of weeks, which is the start of my Grand Slam attempt. Both of those were always on my list. Trans Zion is another run I want to do. I might go back to Brazil for the 135...or not. I think that sums it up.