Trailer Trash

TexMex Tuesday (Read 17 times)

XtremeTaper

Last night was 9 trail miles at Coventry Woods. Late run for me, finished up as darkness fell. The Mrs. wanted TexMex out so we ate early and I ran afterwards thus I was fueled by enchiladas, beans, and salsa. Pretty good run though, in calm grey cool humid misty foggy conditions which is one of my favorites. I will run 8 or 9 tonight on trail TBD.

QOTD: Do you ever run after eating dinner or a big meal?

Typically not, but sometimes I make exceptions like last night. I did a night 50 miler once and that was weird as we stopped at some obscure town in WV that had tons of pasta dishes, and I ended up eating Santa Fe' chicken pasta, which was a spicy sauce blend of peppers onions and chicken over pasta. No negative affects from the dish during my racee.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A short run last night.  I was close to breaking my streak last night.  Just didn't feel like running - physically or mentally.  But I pushed myself out the door.

Very sad to hear about the terror attack in England last night.  I just cannot imagine the overwhelming emotions that come with that type of situation.  Prayers go out to the families.

QOTD: My first few years running, I could not run after eating - I needed to wait a few hours.  But anymore, I don't care.  I will eat before, during, and after without much of an issue.  I wouldn't say I will run right after a big meal but I don't think I would have a problem with it.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

Good thing I had placed some rocks on top of some of my pier sections as I thought the water seemed a little high before I left last time I was here as all it has done since is rain. The lake has continued to rise and is just at/over the tops and while they have shifted the weight was just enough to keep them in general place. Wouldn't have been a lot of fun searching the around the lake for them.  Still drizzling right now but the weather service says it will stop soon so I'll head out for a soggy 6.  Still planning a run in the Porkies Wed or Thurs but that for certain will be a wet one as some of those trails don't drain well if at all.

runtrail--when did the cherry trees blossom in DC? The two I have up here are just blossoming now. LOL!

QOTD--Sure. Makes no matter to me. It's the beer drinking and trying to run that has been problematic.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I'm still having some lingering soreness; maybe a protein issue but might

be that every run has a climb involved. I think I need to add some road

miles during the week, just to actively rest those little climbing muscles.

I thought about the 19 families that lives were irreversibly changed last night.

In an instant, it could all change. Selfishly, I also think of what I have in my

life and I'm grateful.

QOTD: I can run quite easily after eating too. The one I can't do, and I've

learned this the hard way, is to eat eggs then run.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Me and the mutts ran a wee bit over 6 this morning.  When the old man is out of town I go to bed earlier and it's easier getting out of bed.  Of course this morning a picture fell off the wall upstairs so that really work me up.

QOTD:  Rarely but one time I did eat out and had at least three beers.  When my husband fell asleep on the couch I decided to go for a run.  I was surprised at how easy it is to run with that much food and drink in you.

Northern:  My cherry trees have blossomed and have fruit the size of a bid pit

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Ended up with just a couple of miles walking the old springer yesterday before my flight home. The nearby park seems to be doing some invasive plant management and all the underbrush was cleared. Since it's mostly buckthorn, it's a good thing. And I could see the lakes on both sides of the trail so I enjoyed the view. The loop trail however, was underwater and I ended up turning back since the shoes I was wearing also needed to be worn on the plane. I thought I would be considerate of others. 

runtrail--when did the cherry trees blossom in DC? The two I have up here are just blossoming now. LOL!

End of March!  And it would have been earlier, but they got hit by a cold snap and many blossoms didn't make it.  My plum tree is doing well and has plums the size of oval golf balls. We'll see how many make it to the end of August.

qotd: Yes, all the time, but I usually try eat smaller meals to take the edge of my hunger.  I am not sure enchiladas would work well for me.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 4 easy miles.  Hip hurts still, so just going to have to deal with it. I ran the Chicago Marathon in 2003 with the same issue and did fine. I'm just going to pretend that this is just a wee bit longer, right.

Packing up the last of the supplies.  Looks like we're going away for a week.  Since we'll have temperatures from mid 50's to mid 70's DW and I both have most of our running clothes. Rain in forecast for a bit so also have to plan for getting wet.

I was in tears when I read about all the children killed in Manchester.  I can't comprehend how even an extreme religion can justify taking the lives of those so young and innocent. I have friends who are Muslim and their beliefs are as far from radical Islam as you can get. I keep waiting for an event to unite the world in dealing with ISIS, and maybe this will be that event.

QOTD:  I'm a morning runner 99% of the time, so I don't run often after a big meal.  Did do a night time Pretzel City Sports run a few years ago after eating a 2 beers. That was a fun time.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 5 mile run in yesterday evening, nice big climb  to start (~1200' in a mile) and then relatively mellow.

will try and get something in similar this evening

qotd: I don't think that would work out to well for me; I prefer run and then big meal

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

So far all my running today has been back from dropping off my car for service and running back to pick it up.

qotd: I can run after a meal, no problem. If it's a big meal I might like to wait half an hour at least. I figure I'm eating during ultra races, so no big difference eating before I run.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Been MIA, too busy at work.  The run with my DD went really well on Saturday.  Here's a preview... we had a great time and ran together the whole time.

(L to R: Me, Some fast guy, My DD)

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Wow, congrats to you guys.  The "guy in the middle" must have felt out of place.  

Been MIA, too busy at work.  The run with my DD went really well on Saturday.  Here's a preview... we had a great time and ran together the whole time.

(L to R: Me, Some fast guy, My DD)

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

congrats Sandy (and DD)- damn fast guys anyways 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Sandy - looks like you needed leg panties to get 1st or 2nd.  Nice of you not to out-sprint DD at the finish.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!