Trailer Trash

The day after humpday (Read 19 times)

Daydreamer1

11.1 miles up on the mountain yesterday. Snow and ice on the road. Was looking forward to have to chain up on the trail then when I got there it was mostly clear because someone was illegally running 4 wheelers on it. Too bare for the spikes but still too slippery to make good time.

Legs sore and at work so this is a rest day.

QOTD: Any interesting finds while running lately?

Found a camera card yesterday which is kind of amazing that I picked up on it since it was in the leaf and snow mess thrown up by the four wheelers.  took it home and found that it was from a trail cam.  a few bear and a bunch of deer.

Second part of question.  if you find something lkke that will you look at the pictures.?

AT-runner

Tim

Slow day today. I guess everyone was trying out their restraints last night. 

Not a good run today.  Started out on trails that looked all clear, so I left my Yaktrax's in the truck.  1/2 miles in it was ice and more ice. After slow going, made it to a logging road and that looked good. Nope ice and water.  Finally limped my way to the State Park Golf course (Caledonia) and ran the cart paths and then back to the truck.  it was 62 degrees out so that part was nice. Shorts and T-shirt for me. XT would have been shirtless.

QOTD:  Picked up a full pack of cigarettes and a cheap lighter last week while I was deep in the woods. Thought it was ironic that someone in good enough shape to be so deep in the woods was also a smoker.  I crushed them and threw them out at the trail head. Kept the lighter and added it to my truck's emergency kit.

Yes, I'd look at the pictures.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran this morning and I feel really good so little pissed at myself when I don't run.  Is laying in bed longer really worth it; I say no at least for today.  It was a brutal run.  First a stick to the eye pocking a hole in the side of my nose and later a fall to the ground.  5.5 miles.  Boot camp after work.

QOTD: Nothing interesting lately that I can think about.  And I would definitely look at it.  I want a trail cam.  I saw a montage of videos from a trail cam on FB over at least a year.  So cool how many different animals came through the same spot.

Gatsby:  See my reply to you on the VD post.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles with Tiny E yesterday evening and as many snow squalls- woke up this morning to 4-5” of fresh snow. if anyone is short on snow we could definitely spare some 

going to try and get 4-ish in this evening; supposed to be a balmy 15 degrees for a high

my plans of a long snowshoe and overnight in the mountains this weekend have been dashed, calling for heavy snow, high winds and cold temps. I still might be able to squeeze in a long snowshoe day trip Saturday, we’ll see

qotd: no but I lost my favorite handheld, set it on top of the car putting Tiny E and then drove off. Looked for it the next day with no luck.

qotd 2: I was going to say yes, then I remembered Queen’s post yesterday, what if was a card full of photos from that adult game? 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I have a race Saturday so I'm conserving myself ( sound legit ? )

QOTD: Funny Sue mentioned trail cameras , I was just talking to a neighbor who wants to put one up to see a mt. lion . I see tracks and told her I would send her a map of where so she could put her camera there . My husband finds things arrowheads, antique bottles , antlers , I never find anything interesting.

Sandy-2

I didn't run yesterday.  Had other things to do...   

I did 4 miles before work this morning.  Just an easy test run to see how the hamstring was doing.  It was 68 deg at 5am, right now it's 80 deg.  Anyway, the hamstring felt ok, so I guess I'll do a few more lite runs over the next few days.

qotd: No interesting trail finds lately.  Sure I'd look at a found photo card, I'm too curious no to.  But yeah I might not want to find photos of people playing Queenie's adult game.

tbd.

runtraildc

good afternoon, trailers. Just returned from 4.5 miles in the woods with a friend. She's struggling with an injury, and after today, she seemed much more inclined to make a follow up appt with a PT who's well known for helping runners in these parts. She's one of my faster friends, and always good for a trail run, so I hope it gets resolved soon.

qotd: I feel I have an answer that I've forgotten, so nothing since the $20 bill before christmas And it would depend if I'd look at them. We found pictures wrapped up in paper in our attic, which appear to be from WW2 germany (one of the previous owners was a military dentist). We looked at them and still have them.  so I guess, yes, I probably would look at them based on past behavior.

And I want a trail cam for my yard! Tiny as it is, I see evidence of creatures moving through all the time (deer, fox, oppossum, and other vermin I care not to think about).

LB2

Running after work, just one 3.25 mile loop dogless. I have been staying up too late and watching the Olympics.

QOTD: I have not found anything lately, but one day last year I found a Bear Grylls survivor knife. I am pretty sure it belonged to weirdo who had been hanging around the campground when we got there. They were gone, and I had no way of tracking him down. But he looked like he had plenty of blades on him already. So many weird people out there on public land.

LB2

Daydreamer1

See my reply to you on the VD post.

First it was restraints now it's VD. I can give a few medications but they won't lwt me play with antibiotics, so nothing that will help with that .

Daydreamer1

what if was a card full of photos from that adult game? 

To tell you the truth I was kind of disappointed that it was only a trail cam card. There are some party areas in that part of the woods.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Finally got out of my shackles to post.  Still at work so it may be another URD for me today, despite it being warm enough to run in shorts today.  *sigh*

QOTD:  I really don't find anything interesting, but I'm suspecting I don't pay much attention.

Yup, I'd look at the pics.  I like runtraildc's idea of a cam for the yard.  I had a groundhog live under a big rock for a while, but I scared him/her off.  I see deer and rabbits and once spotted a fat skunk scurry away.  I'm sure there are other critters passing by.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

XtremeTaper

About 8.5 miles for me on the trails of the citrus tract in the Withlacoochee state forest here in FL. Sort of warm and sunny late afternoon, about 82, and the pine laden sand hills started to wear me down by the end. Burger and beer to the rescue!

QOTD: Have not found anything recently. Boring.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

GC100k

QOTD: Whatever this is

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ that's a saw used by big game hunters to split the pelvis

personally I never split the pelvis

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gatsby:  See my reply to you on the VD post.

Needed a rest day today, as I’m sure you can understand!  

Qotd: have never found anyone’s pics. Would look to see if I could figure out who they belong to.  No very interesting finds lately.  But I did find a $20 bill a couple months ago.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR