Trailer Trash

Sunny Saturdailies (Read 23 times)

Daydreamer1

Kind of empty around here. Everyone must be out at a college football game .

Planning on 6-8 miles, probably closer to the 6 the way I'm feeling. Didn't get much sleep last night then had to take DS to pick up his car. Two months after blowing the engine he's finally getting it back.

QOTD:  I think I'll pass. I have a few good ones, but they'll hold until there's more traffic here.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Survived the football morning, it was crazy busy like rarely ever. Then I took a nap, and now I'm trying to get the kids to spend the rest of the day outside with me, somewhere in or through the woods.

DD1: Thanks for starting us off. Enjoy your run!

QOTD: What do you do with your race trophies? How important are they to you?

Run for fun.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Actually at a college cross country meet running around from point to point to cheer the local team I sometimes run with.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 12 mile run in with a fair bit of elevation, we set a record high here today- 85, going to be back to more normal temps tomorrow- mid 60's

qotd: no trophies, bunch of t-shirts long and short sleeved- if they are "tech" shirts I wear them, if not DW uses them as sleep wear    I do have a couple of neat growlers that get used and also a couple of cow bells that the DW will use at the finish line- got them from different races

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

QOTD: Most of the races I have done give out medals. They're hanging on the wall next to my computer. I like them as a reminder of the number of races I've done. It kind of inspires me to keep signing up for  more just to see my collection grow.  I've done two bike races. Both of those gave out jerseys with the option to buy additional ones. At both I bought an extra one to keep as a commemorative jersey. For some reason those mean more to me than the medals , and I'm not really sure why.

NHLA

12 miles  forest service rd 5000  2800' climb.  Road goes from Mills River to Bent Creek.

qotd  Apple Festival used to give great ceramic soup mugs for ag winners. I use them all the time. You can heat soup in microwave and the cup doesn't get hot.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

should add- it's not a trophy, but one of the guys that I ran the Grand Canyon with is a high school pottery/ceramics teacher and he made everyone really nice R2R2R mugs- drink my morning latte out of it every morning 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Jeeping snd river no run.

qotd:  My medals are hanging on a tree in the middle of the woods.  Regular Ts go tonthe hubby to work in.  If pit's not useful it goes in the trash.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄