Trailer Trash

Monday (Read 22 times)

Daydreamer1

Ran 5.4 miles yesterday.  May run today instead of biking. It's kind of drizzling just a little bit here and I seem to have hurt my shoulder at work so it feels a little sore on the bike.  Legs can use the miles.  Probably do about 6 miles.

Sorry to hear that Blues Cruise didn't go so well for those of you running it.   Congrats to Dr. J for toughing it out.

QOTD:  Saw a snake on yesterday's run along the road. That in itself wasn't strange or odd, it was the way it tried to get away.  The grass was high and somewhat dense but not so much that it  couldn't have hidden or slithered through the grass. Instead it tried to go out across the top of the standing grass.  Even when it fell down through the grass it tried to get back up on top of it. Never seen that before.  It was thrashing about so much I have no idea what kind of snake it was, other then it wasn't a black snake.  Of course I didn't waste much time watching it.

Sunday's QOTD:  The most annoying running questions/comments have to be those surrounding joint health and injuries.  One of the guys at work recently told me that I need to quit the foolishness of running, sit down and start taking it easy.  Now he's been hobbling in with bad knees.  It's amazing how these people think that sitting on the couch makes them stronger and less likely to have joints wear out.  No concept of working out to keep the body strong .    It's also starting to really piss me off when people ask about weight loss as none of them want to take my advice which is to simply get up and MOVE.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

QOTD:  Saw a snake on yesterday's run along the road. That in itself wasn't strange or odd, it was the way it tried to get away.  The grass was high and somewhat dense but not so much that it  couldn't have hidden or slithered through the grass. Instead it tried to go out across the top of the standing grass.  Even when it fell down through the grass it tried to get back up on top of it. Never seen that before.  It was thrashing about so much I have no idea what kind of snake it was, other then it wasn't a black snake.  Of course I didn't waste much time watching it.

Ah, this triggered a memory from a few weeks ago while running, there was a baby bird on the side of the trail.  It obviously fell from the nest and couldn't fly.  It looked like a red tailed hawk (pretty big for a baby).  I tried to see where the nest might be, but didn't see one.  I squatted down next to it, and it was looking at me with mouth open, as if I were mamma or papa bird to feed it.  After thinking a bit, I finished my run (about 2 miles left) and told DW when I got back.  She yelled at me that I didn't feed it anything, but it's not like you can find a worm on the spot.  A bug, perhaps.  We drove and hiked back to the spot, but we couldn't find it.  So I guess nature took its course.  I'm still not sure what the "right" thing was to do in that situation though.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

Ah, this triggered a memory from a few weeks ago while running, there was a baby bird on the side of the trail.  It obviously fell from the nest and couldn't fly.  It looked like a red tailed hawk (pretty big for a baby).  I tried to see where the nest might be, but didn't see one.  I squatted down next to it, and it was looking at me with mouth open, as if I were mamma or papa bird to feed it.  After thinking a bit, I finished my run (about 2 miles left) and told DW when I got back.  She yelled at me that I didn't feed it anything, but it's not like you can find a worm on the spot.  A bug, perhaps.  We drove and hiked back to the spot, but we couldn't find it.  So I guess nature took its course.  I'm still not sure what the "right" thing was to do in that situation though.

Why does this remind me of that Saturday night live skit where the father chewed the food and spit it in the sons mouth because he didn't have salivary glands. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Why does this remind me of that Saturday night live skit where the father chewed the food and spit it in the sons mouth because he didn't have salivary glands. 

Haha!  Yup, that was the position that baby bird was in.  Too bad I wasn't on a long run.... I could have chewed up some beef jerky for it.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours