Trailer Trash

Tasty Tuesday (Read 16 times)

LB2

Another 6 miles this morning. I did the same yesterday, but I never got around to posting on here. I saw one deer; I am really itching to start slinging lead. I should have bought a new bow for the October 1st opener. I'll wait to Halloween; I don't have time to get everything ready to start hunting with a new bow right now.

QOTD: What is your favorite breakfast?

I think bacon and eggs are my favorite. I just had that this morning after I ran.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Barely got out for 4.5 this morning. Yesterday was an especially stressful day. Just too many things going on at once and I had sensory overload. The one situation is not good though. My parents got scammed out of thousands of dollars for the second time in two years. Different scam but my dad is really slipping cognitively to make these mistakes. Talked with my brother last night and we may need to intervene and do something - somehow make them accountable for their decisions. Not sure. He is 80 and my mom 76. Anyone have any experience with this? Just not sure what our options are...

QOTD: Anything with a fruit smoothie.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

5 miles last night out at the lake with Baker. Damp, chilly, and drizzly but turned out to be a decent run. No one at the trail head when I started last night and only two other cars when I finished. A pair of mountain bikers that I spied from the upper trail as we were winding down. We are heading towards the quiet season on the trails again, with the exception of places that allow hunting. My weekday trails are hunt free zones for the most part. Just a reminder for PA runners, muzzle loader hunting runs from Oct17-24, so might be some bang bangs in the woods.

I will do some stretching at lunch, 6 or so this evening with Baker on the hills of Coventry Woods.

QOTD: Breakfast foods are the best, pancakes with maple syrup, omelets, fried eggs over easy with toast for dipping. It's hard to pick just one, but I will go with the Denver omelet as that is my usual choice when we go out.

Dr Jamie - My parents are in their 80's and while I do not notice any memory or other problems they do have some fear of technology. I was visiting last year, came home from a run, and my dad was on the phone and it was a PC scammer. He had hit a website that went crazy on him with beeping and flashing and he called the number, then went on tell me it was microsoft support. I saw the dude in the computer doing stuff and I shut him down and we hung up on him. Then my dad confessed to faxing him a check for a thousand dollars. We got it all squared away quickly that week with the bank, and he was not out any money. In that case I don't think it was a cognitive issue but he just freaked out from the technology/computer scam. He was really embarrassed. I told him to always call me or just unplug the damn box from the outlet and power it off.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 6 trail miles in yesterday with Tiny Elvis, had the day off so was able to strength train in the afternoon as well

we’ll hit the trails after work today

we’re supposed to get snow by the end of the week 

qotd: my normal breakfast has always (20+ years) granola and fruit, a slice of toast and juice- my wife calls me rainman Smile  BUT of late I’ve changed it up- in a small fry pan fill the bottom with green chili salsa, heat and two eggs, cover and let cook until ever so slightly running yolk.  Heat two street taco sized tortillas in another pan. Microwave some refried black beans. Spread on tortillas, add egg and salsa, sprinkle with shredded cheddar- Voile my new normal breakfast!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Dr. Jamie: I can't really help you in that area. Sometimes, I think someone should intervene on my behalf, and I am only 51. I hope you can get it straight, though.

LB2

Sandy-2

Been awol for a few days, just busy and lazy at the same time.  I did 20 on Sunday morning in pea soup fog, saying it was 100% humidity would be downplaying it, I stopped to wipe my glasses off 5 times in the first 4 miles.  Then did 5 yesterday afternoon, it was in 92 deg.  Both runs sucked in their own way, but hay that's fall in TX.  Today I had my early morning meeting so I have to run after work, it'll be a "crisp" 86 deg.

Dr J - Sorry to hear about your Mom and Dad. We had a similar situation with our Dad some time ago, he was scammed out of some money before we caught it. In our case he was sending gift cards to some freaking lowlife (untraceable and we couldn't stop payment because it was too late).  We ended up taking control of his bank accounts and severely limiting the funds available to him (we would pay his legitimate bills out of another one of his accounts that only we had control of).  Of course if he did want to spend more on something legitimate we'd do it for him.  He was really pissed about not having direct access to his money, but after a while he got used to it and understood. And even later thanked us for looking out for him.

qotd: I'd say bacon and eggs, but I usually have Greek yogurt and honey.  There's a great taco place near us that makes all sorts of great variations of breakfast tacos, lately on Saturdays after my run and shower I've been dropping by for takeout a little more than usual.

tbd.