Trailer Trash

Saturated Saturdaily and Sundaily (Read 19 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Came here for motivation to get me out the door in this rain.   You guys are useless!!!!   Ok will run 5 in a bit.

Qotd:  christmas memory...........We had 5 kids and we were always snooping and shaking presents.  It drive my Mom crazy.  So one year my Mom doesn’t put names on the gifts but has some complicated number system on them.  Went good for awhile but than Things started messing up and one of us would open a gift and she would say...umm no that for Tim.  So we gave it up and took turns opening a present and then giving it to whom it belonged.  

Good luck to Sandy in the WS lottery tiday.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice soggy run..warm rain makes the differences....don’t know why I bother with a rain coat .....soon as I git down the sky lighten up and the rain stop  for now anyway.

Nice job getting out there, Queen.  Sorry we failed you.  

We got dumped on with rain last night but it was clear this morning.  More rain coming this afternoon.

Me: 3 mile run, a stop at the coffee shop, then 3 mile walk home.

One friend got into WS.  A whole lotta people that I know did not.  I'm selfishly glad that I'll have a full contingent of running club volunteers for my aid station at States (minus the person who got the designated runner spot).

QOTD: Our traditional Christmas meal has remained largely unchanged for at least 40 years.  Roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, mushroom gravy, baked potatoes, and green bean casserole.  I think about 10 years ago, we added a green salad to the line up for something healthy.  I was somehow put in charge of everything when my mom was no longer able to do it.  And it's been my job ever since.  So sort of a Christmas memory, but also continuing.  Proud to say that I have mastered the art of Yorkshire pudding better than my dear mother ever did.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

Sorry Queen, if it’s any consolation I’m glad you toughed it out in the rain, even with the rain jacket drama!! Unless it’s really cold, I never bother with a rain jacket. I just sweat under the jacket anyway, so why bother, plus it’s better to be wet from rain than sweat.

I got up and did 20 miles, a beautiful clear morning and 48 deg.  Felt easy the whole way.

Also Queen, I wasn’t in the WS lottery this year, I’m saving all my lottery karma for the Dec 2020 HR lottery.

Gatsby, are you “the person who got the designated runner spot”?

qotd: So many, like puking from x-mas eve excitement when I was a kid (eating too much chocolate might not have helped), the year we got our puppy (he turned out to be a giant German Shepherd, best dog ever), the year we got a ton of snow,  the year my DS asked “why does Santa have the same wrapping paper as we do? (smart kid), etc.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles on snow packed trails with DW and Tiny E; watching the Grizzlies play right now up 38-21 (SE Louisiana) at half time

qotd: when brother and I were really little 4-5??? we found a really cool toy in the attic- a large beetle monster and some army guys to fight it; we played with it for over a week before my Mom discovered it (presumably as she was going to wrap it)- we thought we just lucked out 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I was also wondering that Gatsby....I feel like you told me no but did you at register for WS to start the ticket process, or do you have no interest in WS.  Well as a runner that is.

Yea Sandy...that was my point...all sweaty under the rain coat and no it’s to wet to wear into town.  

Sorry Queen, if it’s any consolation I’m glad you toughed it out in the rain, even with the rain jacket drama!! Unless it’s really cold, I never bother with a rain jacket. I just sweat under the jacket anyway, so why bother, plus it’s better to be wet from rain than sweat.

I got up and did 20 miles, a beautiful clear morning and 48 deg.  Felt easy the whole way.

Also Queen, I wasn’t in the WS lottery this year, I’m saving all my lottery karma for the Dec 2020 HR lottery.

Gatsby, are you “the person who got the designated runner spot”?

qotd: So many, like puking from x-mas eve excitement when I was a kid (eating too much chocolate might not have helped), the year we got our puppy (he turned out to be a giant German Shepherd, best dog ever), the year we got a ton of snow,  the year my DS asked “why does Santa have the same wrapping paper as we do? (smart kid), etc.

moonlightrunner

Sitting in my car, drinking a peppermint  latte. That is the highlight of my day. Not running and not able to do anything is making the landscape pretty bleak. But..tomorrow I am going to swim and may e it will generate an endorphin...or not.

Mandy: you asked why they scoped rather than replace my knee. He felt I still had good space, and that cleaning up the meniscus might help. It seems not, so far.

Qotd: growing up we had a doberman named Hilde. She was from a big litter and was weaned early. Because of that, she sucked on a blanket her whole life. Every Christmas she would get a new "suck suck" and a squeaky mouse. Mom and dad put out all the presents after we we t to bed. That dog would lay down in front of her presents a d whine and cry. When we got up we would say "Ok! Open your presents!" She would tear open the tissue and shake tha suck suck and show each one of us. Then play with her mouse, removing the squeaker in 5 minutes.

Thanks for that question. Relationships g that memory brightened my day!

Gatsby: I love Yorkshire pudding. It will just be ne, mom and dad for Christmas...maybe we will have beef and Yorkshire pudding...hmmm

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen, yes I entered the WS lottery... with my 1.3% ticket.  (Mostly to start earning tickets while I figure out how to get better at running 100s.)  I assumed you did too?   Since I'm not running the race, I'll be running the aid station again.

Sandy, no, I didn't get the designated runner spot.  But I was runner up in the drawing.  If the guy who got the spot can't make it, I get it.   But he's been trying for 5 years so he will not drop out as long as he has at least one functioning leg.  

Warden, a beetle monster!  Lucky kids.

MTA: Moonlight, sorry the knee is not improving yet.  Did they say how long it would take to see results?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

AT-runner

Tim

Had a TURD yesterday.  My Mom is having some health issues and I was over at her house in the morning, then DS and I worked some more on Tiny House. Christmas party last night to help a friend move in a 12' Christmas tree that's more like a bush.

My 5'10" friend by his "tree". We had 6 people to move it.

Tiny House Interior - with a tired DS

Love the stories. Keep 'em coming.

Sue - My mom did that once as well. My brother and I always peaked.

Sandy - pre-excitement vomit. Was that just for Christmas, or a regular habit.

Mike - 1960' Beetle toy, as in a Bug, or s VW? I had a VW Beetle toy car from the 60's.

Gatsby - haven't had Yorkshire pudding in years. Now I want some.

Moon  -  we had a lack lab that would tear out the squeaker on any toy with minutes. I was usually happy when they were out since the noise always bothered me.

QOTD: Lots of great memories, but favorite one was when kids found out about Santa.  I read an article that suggested how to "break the news", and it was awesome. When DD#1 was getting suspicious, I told her Santa was real at one time but is long gone, so when you find out about him, you too become Santa and have to keep the secret. As Santa, you get to help set out presents and eat the cookies.  After the other 2 were asleep, we got DD#1 out of bed and she helped set the presents under the tree and ate the cookies. She never told the other 2 about Santa, and each found out the same way. They say it's their best memory of Christmas.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Up late last night watching the Big10 Championship. Phew. Buckeyes finish 13-0 but the Badgers put the hurt on them in the first half. Good comeback. Might not be enough to retain #1 spot but they are in the college football playoff. Be fun if they were #1 as will be in Atlanta over the holidays and that is where the #1 team will be playing.

Chilly, sunny, and cold this morning but getting ready to head out with the dogs to Warwick Park shortly for 5 or so trail miles. Should be nice, no wind. We did 4 yesterday at Coventry Woods, jogger style, stop/start as we waited on/off for Bailey. She is keen to stop and smell the roses (well critter smell really) so we let her do as she please. Baker had a very good off leash session yesterday.

QOTD: Geez, lots of great memories of Christmas as a child. When I believed in Santa it was so hard so sleep Christmas Eve night. Finally I did and then I'd wake up and rush to the tree and it was always lit up with plenty of presents. It seemed so magical. I was always so surprised and happy to get things that I had asked for from Santa. I was blessed to have very loving parents. I can't remember how old I was when my sister spilled the beans about Santa (she was 3 years older). She told me to pay attention at night and I could hear my parents shuffling up and down the attic moving gifts. Even after that Christmas was still special regardless. One of the funner times was one year we went to midnight mass and then came home and opened gifts. Very cool playing with new hot wheels cars and tracks at 2am! I think that year I go that turbo charge station that shot cars around the track. Christmas day always involved a trip to the grandparents and my aunts houses. At the one house that always meant a fight with cousin little Denny at some point. Never failed. LOL. Kids will be kids. My other aunt did not have kids but they had 3 big black labs. As a small kid I was a bit afraid of the males, but the female Kelly was so gentle and sweet. My aunt Emily and uncle Bob always came up with very cool gifts. Thinking man's football, baseball, sort of intelligent board games from 3m. Yes, I was blessed.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

tiny house is shaping up nicely!

Mike - 1960' Beetle toy, as in a Bug, or s VW? I had a VW Beetle toy car from the 60's.

nope giant monster beetle w/ large crushing mandibles and a dozen or so army guys to fight him 

more like this

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Sue, it seems like I've been mostly running in the rain for the last 2-3 weeks. You're welcome to it.  At least today it was dry, if cold.  Last minute decision to run a local 5K on a moderately hilly course:  31:47 for 39th of 70, 5th of 6th in the 60+ AG.  Would have been an easy AG win if they'd had a 70+ AG since I was the only one in the race over 70.

qotd:  Christmas 1959.  My brother and I snuck downstairs about 2:00 AM to check out the presents.  We carefully opened one of mine and played several games of chess before rewrapping it and going back to bed.  I loved that chess set, my first with wooden peices instead of plastic.  I still have it and the original case it came in.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

runtraildc

Walked 5 miles with the injured crew yesterday, Ran 4 miles between swim events this morning on the trails by the pool. I had them completely to myself. And I got turned around a couple of times, but made it back just in time to see DS swim his best event.

qotd: I'm tired and nothing jumps to mind. They were all pretty happy & nice holidays, so I consider myself fortunate. One thing I did not like, though, was decorating the tree. My mom took that a little too seriously.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

6 miles...this relatively flat location I am in is giving me some rather fast (for me) times.  Beautiful sunset over the ocean and turn around to see a beautiful moon rise over the river.  

AT:  The little house is looking good.  Are his plans to travel or?

Ultra Cowboy

3.1 fun Secret Santa Waffle Run....  Store tradition...

qotd: AT runner, Love your story...

Each year is my new favorite.  Last night after a long day of Secret Santa Run and Basketball game that my DD3's team lost by 2 in the last 5 seconds, we got our tree.  Th etree getting process was long on Miles...about 50-60 miles round trip, but we found the perfect tree quickly and I paid the most I've ever paid for a tree before...

This one is special because it is the first Christmas ML and I are spending together.    Watching her and DD3 string lights made me so happy.

WYBMADIITY

Save