Trailer Trash

Thoughts of thawing Thursdailies (Read 19 times)

GC100k

Never did leave the house yesterday. Kids were having too much fun playing in the snow. Over a foot at our house. Got a ton of work done yesterday as it turned out and conducted a grad student defense by video.

I'm hoping a visitor this afternoon will cancel and I'll get over to the indoor track. If they don't cancel, it's likely to be another no running day.

March is turning out to be kinda a bust in terms of running. I'm getting notices from my planned race that they're about to sell out, but I can't pull the trigger on the big registration fee this month. If they sell out, I might just set my sights on the York marathon. Apples and oranges, I know, but it's a few weeks later and looks like fun.

QOTD: pass

runtraildc

The thawing will be starting soon here. 31 degrees already and sunny! Yesterday ended up a cross training day-- rowing and strength at the gym, plus a walk last night to enjoy the scenery.

qotd: What's a go-to meal in your house? Meaning something you usually have the ingredients for, can make easily and enjoy?  One of my favorites is fried rice. We usually keep leftover rice in the freezer (dries out a little that way) and uses leftover proteins and vegetables, and can be customized a lot of ways. It's a good way to sneak in brown rice and lots of vegetables into the kids.

GC100k

QOTD: Curry and chili are our two most common meals. Everyone in the family likes those. We have a family of six big eaters so we have to make big pots of stuff. Some version of tacos, burritos, mexican dinner is also quite common. We actually have a pretty good variety of stuff and ~never eat out or have pre-packaged food. My lunch is usually leftovers from the night before. Today it's barbecued meatballs. We also make a continuous supply of homemade whole-wheat, flax seed, sourdough bread. That gets scarfed up fast and we go through a couple loaves a day.

AT-runner

Tim

Another day of walking on TM.  I don't feel as drained, so not sure f that's progress or just from not using up my energy running.  I'm going to be optimistic and call it progress.  As a precaution, doc extended the doxy to now be on it for 60 days (was going to be 30).

Packing up and heading South tomorrow after work. Hilton Head Island, here we come!  Now I need to shovel out the back of my truck bed so I can get the bikes on the truck.

QOTD:  Chicken.  We use it all the time. White chicken chili, chicken enchiladas, grilled chicken on a salad, etc.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

GC100k

QOTD: Today it's barbecued meatballs. 

Correction. It's curry with dal. I didn't eat the lunch I packed yesterday, so I ate it today.

I thought it was important that you should know.

AT-runner

Tim

Correction. It's curry with dal. I didn't eat the lunch I packed yesterday, so I ate it today.

I thought it was important that you should know.

Thanks for the update. Now I'm hungry for something with curry.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I got out after work for a little over 4...got dump on briefly but it is a very warm rain...hmmm snow last week, warm rain today and by Friday snow is expected.  I may run tonight when I get home as there might be a window of light rain...once out the door I am ok with getting dumped on.

QOTD:  Salad..usually have the fixing for that..Tacos close second.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

who's making all that bread??? it sounds delicious.

. Today it's barbecued meatballs. We also make a continuous supply of homemade whole-wheat, flax seed, sourdough bread. That gets scarfed up fast and we go through a couple loaves a day.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

No run today, but I'll do the stair climber after work.

qotd: we always chicken in the 'frige.  I usually grill it, but my DW makes all sorts of other stuff, pesto, salsa, wasabi, bulgogi, rice, etc that goes with it.  There is also always salad.

tbd.

GC100k

who's making all that bread??? it sounds delicious.

"We" means my wife. It is delicious. Everyone who has ever tried it says it's the best bread they've ever tasted. However, it's not as good since we moved. We keep our drafty farmhouse really cold and have had problems with the sourdough starter, but we think the major thing is the flour. We're going to start ordering the really good flour from the co-op we used to get it from and have it shipped.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength trained last night; I’m doing a program that slowly progresses your lifts based off a percentage of your 1 rep max. it’s been really good, but my progression is definitely slowing, it won’t be too much longer and I’ll have to move onto something else

plan on 3-4 miles with DW and Tiny E; we’re going to eat downtown somewhere for supper

qotd: We’ve got a freezer full of elk (including a lot of burger), so we lots of options by adding potatoes, rice, beans, veggies

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Let's see.... I think I will order a warden elk steak, medium rare, with some GC sourdough bread, and Queen salad please.

Sunny 40's with lots of melting snow today.  Hope to get out to slush around for a few miles on trail this evening.

QOTD:  DW is the cook of the house and we usually have rice and noodles in the pantry.  The grocery store is a short walk away, so we can pick up proteins and veggies pretty easily.  I'll often do the grocery run and she'll cook.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I’m chief dishwasher , DW is the cook, EXCEPT grilling- I do the lion’s share of grilling.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

After a few days off felt very awkward running. 3 miles was enough.

qotd: I usually have some frozen dinners and canned soup on hand, but for actual preparation I always have pasta and sauce.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.