Trailer Trash

Disappearing Weekender (Read 20 times)

Daydreamer1

Why disappearing? Because it seems like everyone here has disappeared. Must be out running or hung over from partying .

Last night I signed up for the Montour 12 hour. DW will be doing the 6 hour and DD has said she will join her in that. That should be interesting as DD doesn't like to exercise so we'll see how she does with 6 hours of walking.  Went to the gym with DS. He was going to help me achieve a max lift on the bench press.  I like to do at least 5 reps on every lift before I consider it a good lift. He thought I could achieve a much heavier lift if I only did 3-5 reps on the build up and then only 1-2 on the max. Turns out doing it his way I was only about 10 lbs heavier than my way.  Had a decent workout at the gym but didn't do any cardio since he was with me. Now I'll do some on the bike tonight. Probably about a 1/2 hour.

QOTD: It's that time of the year again so lets talk tax prep. Do you do your own or have someone else do them for you? If you do your own do you use a software system or do completely by yourself?

I use Turbo tax for the federal and do the state on their website. If i didn't have Turbo Tax I would spend a little extra time and do them myself. It's so nice to use Turbo Tax because there are some things that I can import from DW's one taxable retirement account and it saves me about a hour of data entry. I actually like playing around with tax prep, just don't like paying them.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Disappearing? I totally forgot today is Saturday. Slow day in general and for my run. 6.7 miles extremely slow but enough to get me over 30 for the week. Heard that the Clearwater Marathon and 50K have been cancelled due to weather extremes. No details but I assume t-storms and strong winds off the Gulf. The DS of a friend was supposed to make his marathon debut there. Any of out FL folk have input on the weather in that area?

qotd:  I've always done my own taxes. For about 10 years I had access to professional software since I was preparing returns for a living. Now I use TurboTax. One way or another I'd have to pay for e-filing and it's easier using software than doing it by hand. I don't qualify for free tax return prep because I have to use the full 1040.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NHLA

9 miles  DuPont Forest   finished before rain hit.

qotd  turbo tax

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Well the plan was for a long run, but it didn't get out of the single digits until near noon- so got 6.5 miles in this afternoon, which will have to do  Going to try and get that long run in tomorrow if the weather cooperates

qotd: the last couple of years we've been going to H&R Block, this year I'm doing them myself   I've used turbo tax in the past, but thinking about just doing them on paper- we'll see

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I ran 7 muddy miles this afternoon.

QOTD: I do my own. And I send it in the mail. I usually get my refund in my account a week before turkey season, around March 18th or so.

LB2

muppy

6.0 miles around town,  it's been foggy for two days straight so it's a bit slippery out there.

QOTD  i've always done TurboTax myself.  I'm thinking of going to an account friend since I got married and bought a house. Not sure if that makes a difference?

Sandy-2

Flew home so most of Saturday disappeared while traveling. I could have run early in London before the flight or late in Houston after (or even both), but neither happened.

Early this morning was simply a great day to run mid-50s and low humidity and no wind to start.  Out before dawn and heard about 5 different owls along my 8 mile route. Lots of other birds as well, up greeting the sun I guess.

qotd: this year the company pays Deloitte to do my taxes due to the complicated international stuff. But next year I'll be back to using the H&R Block software.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran five yeterday mirn and than went sniw shoeing....missed the group run this morning so unsure what I will do... Have a cold or sinus infection since it's all IN one side if head.  My just take it easy since it's gross outside.

QOTD:  We prepare taxes for free at work so last year I did it myself using the IRS VITA program.  For some reason this year DH wants to pay someone.

George we do free taxes even if they need the full 1040.  Did you call your ARRP? We work with them.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

George we do free taxes even if they need the full 1040.  Did you call your ARRP? We work with them.

Did you mean AARP? No, I haven't.  I'm not a member anymore, either. Don't know if that would make a difference.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

NHLA

6 miles on Wolf Mt. Misty & foggy morning.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yes that's who I meant.  Our AARP does it regardless of being a member.

Did you mean AARP? No, I haven't.  I'm not a member anymore, either. Don't know if that would make a difference.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Yes that's who I meant.  Our AARP does it regardless of being a member.

Thanks. The closest location is only a few miles from me at our public library.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Daydreamer1

A dank, dreary day but at least the temp is pretty nice. In the lower 40s right now so I'll head out for about 5-8 miles in a little bit. Was going to go up on the mountain but I fell asleep and took a short nap and now I just don't feel like driving up there.

LB2

Ended up with a little over 9 today. That is pretty good for someone who had talked himself into taking a rest day today.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I was hoping to get 16 in today, but just warmed up too slow again- did have enough time to get a nice 12 miles in though, maybe next weekend.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √